Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting and Curious Things about GamerX

Hello,

I have created this thread just for entertainment, without any serious intention.

Post here interesting and curious things you find about GamerX. Here I'll tell you some I find very curious:

- At this moment the Trusted Player rules and requirements thread have been thanked 72 times, not even a single admin have thanked that thread. All of its thanks come from lvl 1 and lvl 2 players.

I find it very curious because it means that even the current admins didn't even thank this thread when they were TP's. So, as a recommendation, if you want to be admin, DO NOT THANK THAT THREAD!!! (joke)

- Currently the Game Mode has more than 100.000 lines of code!!

- GamerX is one of the oldest SAMP servers running currently, it has been there since 2006.

- There are more than 2500 commands in GamerX Server.

- The way you get trusted player has been changing over the time. Some years ago you had to pass a test before getting the status.

If I remember more things, I'll add it here.
    Last edited by LorSimon; 22-07-15, 03:45 AM.
    I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

I found a interesting thing

thanks given to Delija more then 1k and Delija gave thanks 0 wow realy interesting.

Comment

The interesting thing i just remembered was GamerX borned in 2006 and now 2015 so now GamerX is 10 Years old.
      My Youtube Channel
      GamerX4Life

[10:13:51] <@GX-22> * Admin Hose (ID:51) set their MegaJump Value to 3.0
      [10:37:00] <@GX-28> * Admin Manuel[M4] (ID:78) used Fuck You on Hose (ID:51)

Comment

Originally posted by Hose View Post
        The interesting thing i just remembered was GamerX borned in 2006 and now 2015 so now GamerX is 10 Years old.
        15 - 6 = 9

The only thing i can remember now is that Admin Bloodcell is the only admin that had been in all levels. From registred player to owner without skip any level. I may be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by LorSimon View Post
          - The way you get trusted player has been changing over the time. Some years ago you had to pass a test before getting the status.
          Thats right and i miss those times, i remember have failed it at least 2 times and others over here surely failed it more than me. Anyways, i found some others interesting things:

1. Before, any player could request his teleport and property just posting it at forums (for be more precise, there was a topic for it). Thats why a few old player still has a property and teleport for their houses.

2. There was a rule that didnt allow do 2 shot in any zone.

3. In the past, you couldnt read messages from teamlime in IRC (yep, u could read teamred and teamblue instead but not that) and duel system/events didnt exist (it means the races/goos took all-attention).

4. If you wanted say something in-game from IRC, you needed use !voiceme.

Thats all i remember right now, if i find something curious and very interesting then will post it.
          See ya :]

Comment

- GamerX had 2 public servers running with the same gamemode in the same time : GamerX-Euro and GamerX-US

- It costs 90 euros each month to run GamerX

- Stefan has more friends on his GamerX Forum Account than on his facebook account
            Last edited by Rick; 22-07-15, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
              - GamerX had 2 public servers running with the same gamemode in the same time : GamerX-Euro and GamerX-US

- It costs 90 euros each month to run GamerX

- Stefan has more friends on his GamerX Forum Account than on his facebook account
              That's because I have two facebook accounts you sucker! xD

Comment

-There was a time where you had to speak fluent english in order to get TP or Admin status instead of using google translate.
                -In the old forum people used to spam the hell out of everything just to get the "most active" achievement.
                -TP apps required atleast 10 answers.
                Last edited by sngc; 22-07-15, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Now everything makes a lot more sense... Interesting!

Comment

Interesting
                    -mostly gamerx players choose medic class
                    -the current mainchat mostly in vietnamese language

Curios
                    -does our game password encrypted?

Comment

Originally posted by tungki View Post
                      Curios
                      No, level 7+ admins can see them in /tr2 and some people have some pretty strange passwords...

Comment

Originally posted by tungki View Post
                        Curios
                        They're hash and salted in database as far i know.

Originally posted by Maze View Post
                        No, level 7+ admins can see them in /tr2 and some people have some pretty strange passwords...
                        Great, i've been curious on this, i was able to see this some long time ago when April fool jokes that made admins level 10 and tps to level 5 (i was set level 9), it didnt show for me when i officially get level 7 tho, even until now as level 9.

Oh on topic: btw im preparing a big list for this.
                        KVIrc User

Comment

Hello guys, i found others curious things (this time, tps):

- The most viewed and most replied trusted player app, both went denied.
                          - 13% tp apps has been accepted, the rest has been denied.
                          - No applicant that have or had 7 replies or less on his/her app is actually admin (there's a ratio of 10~ post per app accepted).
                          - 38 of 72 applicants accepted (52.7%) have been denied at least one time, and only 5 of them (7%) are admins actually.
                          - 34 of 72 applicants accepted (47.2%) never have been denied, and 4 (5.5%) of them are admins actually.
                          - First applicant accepted is level 1 actually.
                          - Accepted and Denied forums reached 600 threads (soon, when recently denied threads gets moved).
                          - GamerX has 500 tps since now!

All of them went based on current forum. See ya!
                          Last edited by Xatos; 28-07-15, 05:43 PM. Reason: Update 28/07 and fix some errors.

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                          X