No announcement yet.

GTA 6 in Development, Rockstar Considered Making GTA: Tokyo but was soon cancel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA 6 in Development, Rockstar Considered Making GTA: Tokyo but was soon cancel

Rockstar had plans to make Grand Theft Auto: Tokyo, and even carried out a reference trip for the game, techradar has learned.

Rockstar visited the Japanese capital several years ago to assess its potential for a full GTA game, but ultimately pulled the plug on the idea, according to a source close to the company.

Before working on a new game Rockstar carries out reference trips to take pictures, meet locals, and generally get a feel for the area.

Our source said that Rockstar was "serious" about the idea of making a Tokyo version around the time of GTA 3 and Vice City, however the road system was seen to be problematic and became one reason the idea was canned.

In December 2003, Take-Two Interactive actually filed trademarks for GTA: Tokyo, GTA: Bogota as well as the particularly mysterious Grand Theft Auto: Sin City.

Our source added that, as time has gone on, Rockstar has realised the difficulty in moving Grand Theft Auto outside of the USA, where it has firmly embedded itself. There are a number of series staples, from brands to cars, that Rockstar would likely have to change if a future GTA was set somewhere else.

The source also revealed that preliminary work has begun on Grand Theft Auto 6, but said a location had not yet been settled on.

It's not unusual that Rockstar would begin laying the early foundations for its next Grand Theft Auto so soon - It's been more than two years since the initial release of GTA 5.

As for the more immediate future, there's a lot of speculation that next Red Dead game will be revealed this year, but there's a big question over where it could be the first to use a new Rockstar engine. In 2012 Rockstar put out a job advert for a position working on engine development for next-gen systems.

''This is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge architectures and high performance systems for current and next-gen platforms," it read, hinting that a new engine might be in the works. Even if Red Dead Redemption 2 doesn't use it, there's a very good chance that GTA 6 will.
    Sucks about GTA: Tokyo that could have awesome. What do you y'all think the next gta is taking place? To me it obviously Vice City. Just to see modern day Miami would be sooooo good...
    Last edited by Jon2_Kill155; 29-03-16, 03:29 AM.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon

That would be cool. And by de way, de word is making*.
    PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

<@GX-07> [14] Legend27: nick is indonessian

Comment

GTA Vice City would be awsome. Tokyo is not the right place for GTA.
      Yours sincerely

Prof. Dr. Tarantula

Comment

And I still can't afford GTA IV.

Comment

Tokyo is not a good place for gta. Its a good place for games like sleeping dogs.

Comment

Antarctica

Comment

Brazil is a good place to gta maxpayne is a example

Comment

Would like to see gta 6 .

I doubt that it will even run on a GT630 from nvidea.

All tho gta v runs on it.

Maybe GTA 6 in Las Vegas. Would like to see that.
                Last edited by daan_deurloo; 31-03-16, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Tokyo not a very good place,gta V already awesome i cant wait how its look

Comment

GTA 6 would probably be in Vice City or Las Vegas or maybe even both. The rumors are that even in production it might take them until 2020 year specially after the big successes of GTA: online.
                    Manuel[M4]:Banned by Admin CoCoReNdAn[7NA] , please wait for her Reply.
                    WoooIly:From now i love all admins just CocoRindan because he is the most sucker dicks girls

Comment

Originally posted by Seven_of_Nine View Post
                      GTA 6 would probably be in Vice City or Las Vegas or maybe even both. The rumors are that even in production it might take them until 2020 year specially after the big successes of GTA: online.
                      If they keep treating the pc player base like trash some people might leave it soon, at least on pc. About console players, people can lose interest too fast, if rockstar stop bringing new content each 3-4 months or so, they will get bored and find a new game to play. I really dont think it's possible to survive till 2020, but to be honest i hope i'm wrong so they can take their enough time and do something bigger like they always do and we all hope they may still doing it.

Comment

I heard that it will be in Vice City as in every game they change the location, something like this:
                        2002 - GTA Vice City - Vice City
                        2004 - GTA: San Andreas - San Andreas
                        2005 - GTA: Liberty City Stories - Liberty City
                        2006 - GTA: Vice City Stories - Vice City
                        2008 - GTA IV - Liberty City
                        2013 - GTA V - San Andreas
                        ???? - GTA VI - Vice City

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                        X