Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GamerX v4.8.9 (Important, Please READ)

This update contains security improvement and optimization.

Version 4.8.9 was deployed on 15th September 2019
    • Added /minigameplayers (/mgp) to view list of players in minigames
    • Updated passwords:
      • For better security and to fix issues with password strength and uniqueness
      • Password length is increased from 32 to 55, long passwords should no longer have problem
      • New updated password is applied for new player /register
      • All players who login with their password (i.e. Auto IP Login /tail is OFF) will get their password upgraded automatically
      • Or upgrade your password manually by using /changepass
      • You will be required to enter your old password ONCE if you had no password login e.g.
        /changepass NewPassword OldPassword
      • It is recommended for all registered players (including TP & Admins) who had Auto-IP Login (i.e. /tail is ON) to upgrade their password by either ways above
        We can not upgrade every existing player passwords as we can not know their actual password, ADMINS WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD!
      • Save your stats with /ss after to apply the upgrade (or wait for automatic save)
      • IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH LOGIN PASSWORD OR IF YOUR PASSWORD IS NOT WORKING AND YOU ARE SURE THAT IT IS CORRECT, TELL AN ADMIN AND REQUEST A PASSWORD RESET ON https://forum.gamerxserver.com/forum...-reset-request
    • Added Whitelist mode for the current Blacklist system... It has been also improved so the lists can be now managed by admins in game
    • Fixed bug with give weapon admin command where night visions ammo was 10000 instead of 1 by default
    Those who had issues with race times, it should be OK now as up time has been reset during server restart.

Version 4.8.8 and 4.8.7 changelog will be posted here as well as soon i have time for it..

Post reply here if you have questions regarding this update, and please help by reporting bugs in Bug Reports section.

Thank you, and enjoy!!!
    Last edited by Robo; 16-09-19, 09:26 AM.
    KVIrc User

great update Robo! keep up

Comment

Nice update, now HooCK will take more caution while cheatin' into others account!!

Comment

Dude! The hacker changed my old password that I registered inside gamerx server for my username ashumeow. My old password is ashumeow (to be honest)

How does this command work while you can't enter into server without password?

Even if I spawn (as default user) after 3 password attempts, then this command never works and it will say "the user is not registered" --- why? Maybe you have to try on your own by pretending that you actually got hacked by hacker.

I used separate password for gamerx server (registered some years ago) and gamerx forum (few days ago) with same username.

Below is my yesterday issue: https://forum.gamerxserver.com/forum...-gamerx-server

And still unresolved.

Never knew that admins were less intelligent than hackers. Don't you have better admins at all here?

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
        This update contains security improvement and optimization.

Version 4.8.9 was deployed on 15th September 2019
        • Added /minigameplayers (/mgp) to view list of players in minigames
        • Updated passwords:
          • For better security and to fix issues with password strength and uniqueness
          • Password length is increased from 32 to 55, long passwords should no longer have problem
          • New updated password is applied for new player /register
          • All players who login with their password (i.e. Auto IP Login /tail is OFF) will get their password upgraded automatically
          • Or upgrade your password manually by using /changepass
          • You will be required to enter your old password ONCE if you had no password login e.g.
            /changepass NewPassword OldPassword
          • It is recommended for all registered players (including TP & Admins) who had Auto-IP Login (i.e. /tail is ON) to upgrade their password by either ways above
            We can not upgrade every existing player passwords as we can not know their actual password, ADMINS WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD!
          • Save your stats with /ss after to apply the upgrade (or wait for automatic save)
          • IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH LOGIN PASSWORD OR IF YOUR PASSWORD IS NOT WORKING AND YOU ARE SURE THAT IT IS CORRECT, TELL AN ADMIN AND REQUEST A PASSWORD RESET ON https://forum.gamerxserver.com/forum...-reset-request
        • Added Whitelist mode for the current Blacklist system... It has been also improved so the lists can be now managed by admins in game
        • Fixed bug with give weapon admin command where night visions ammo was 10000 instead of 1 by default
        Those who had issues with race times, it should be OK now as up time has been reset during server restart.

Version 4.8.8 and 4.8.7 changelog will be posted here as well as soon i have time for it..

Post reply here if you have questions regarding this update, and please help by reporting bugs in Bug Reports section.

Thank you, and enjoy!!!
        Last edited by ; 17-09-19, 05:21 PM.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
        X