Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABOUT: A good laptop to buy [Question]

Hi everyone,

Well I've lagg for almost two years. It's really annoying me. And I cannot play youtube videos normal. If I set it to the lowest it's still lagged.
    So I working hard by my work, and I get my money next week (Friday).

My question is, does anyone know a nice laptop, that can run GTA-SA and SA:MP very nice without any lag? And that I ca play it with high quality? And browsing normal in internet and watching normal youtube videos without lag?

I can spend max 500,-

Thanks for reading this guys,

Kind regards,

BeeR,

500 in which currency? This is posted in the wrong section also.

How big screen and hard drive?

Maybe it's the internet causing lag too.
    Last edited by Burnedgrass; 13-05-14, 11:01 AM.

Comment

I don't need a really big screen, and it's not my internet because my ping is good, and my fathers laptop doesn't have troubles with lagg etc, he can watch youtube videos etc good.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnedGrass View Post
        500 in which currency?
        This is posted in the wrong section also.
        - Its in a good one

Maybe it's the internet causing lag too.
        - Tell us how much PC's do you have at home and whats your internet speed.

Originally posted by BEER View Post
        My question is, does anyone know a nice laptop, that can run GTA-SA and SA:MP very nice without any lag? And that I ca play it with high quality? And browsing normal in internet and watching normal youtube videos without lag?
        Modern Laptops will handle with easy GTA-SA and SA-MP since its a pretty old game

Minimum laptop requirements i would search for:

* 3 or 4-core with 3.0 GHz speed (no matter if Intel or AMD)
        * 8 GB Ram
        * 1 GB/2 GB Graphic Card
        * 500 GB/ 1 TB (1.000 GB also) HDD
        * 17" Screen
        Everything got their end somewhere, with someone.

Comment

Originally posted by [DC]Tocha View Post

2. - Its in a good one

3. - Tell us how much PC's do you have at home and whats your internet speed.

Modern Laptops will handle with easy GTA-SA and SA-MP since its a pretty old game

Minimum laptop requirements i would search for:

* 3 or 4-core with 3.0 GHz speed (no matter if Intel or AMD)
          * 8 GB Ram
          * 1 GB/2 GB Graphic Card
          * 500 GB/ 1 TB (1.000 GB also) HDD
          * 17" Screen
          Isn't this section for discussion about the SAMP server?

Comment

Isn't this section for discussion about the SAMP server?

Comment

Thanks Tocha,

This is my internet speed;

My ping ingame is btw, very good 10 to 70+, but when I am not a interior, and with players and much objects en vehicles my ping is high,

Comment

Turn off some not needed programs like facebook, skype, utorrent etc. Check if while you playing no one is downloading anything. If still your game is lagging try to use stream memory fix tool

Comment

Well, when I turned on my pc, I don't run other programs when I play SA:MP, and I already tried the stream memory fix tool, but it won't work for me, I have no mods installed etc, my gta sa is totaly clean. That's the reason I ask about a new pc, and I like laptops !

Comment

If thats not your internet then get a laptop with i5 2500k processor that will give smooth gaming in every games and for other components you can choose normal one like 2gb ram 1gb vga graphics which will not bypass your budget too.

Comment

Originally posted by [DC]Tocha View Post

I thought this whole section was for server discussions? Since it says Samp server in the title

Ontopic: Since the speedtest was in Dutch I guess you live in the Netherlands and your currency is Euro.

This laptop is OK for the price and will work more than good for your demands. You can always upgrade the RAM easily.

https://www.spareit.nl/H6E39EA#ABH/?...ntent=default1

Originally posted by Glator View Post
                      If thats not your internet then get a laptop with i5 2500k processor
                      The i5 2500K isn't for laptops.
                      Last edited by Burnedgrass; 13-05-14, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BEER View Post
                        Well, when I turned on my pc, I don't run other programs when I play SA:MP, and I already tried the stream memory fix tool, but it won't work for me, I have no mods installed etc, my gta sa is totaly clean. That's the reason I ask about a new pc, and I like laptops !
                        Try those mods http://www.sendspace.com/file/2m6921
                        It makes ur game faster this will remove some graphics( grass, shadows and some other effects)
                        Also try to have /fpslimit 90 and to get more FPS press F7 on game that removes the outline of the samp text
                        You can also change the priority of gta_sa.exe (not recommended)
                        You can also try GameBooster that may help a bit to get more FPS

And If u want to buy a PC, desktop computers are always better for gaming

GamerX rule'zz!

Comment

Highly recommend getting a desktop unless you really need a laptop. Search through amazon as they have some decent desktops priced at around £500. Also take note of the new Z97 boards which have been released and also the haswell refresh which should be coming out soon.

Take a look at this site, http://www.overclockers.co.uk/index.php there are a few pcs available within/ just over your budget.
                          Last edited by Maze; 13-05-14, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help ! It worked a lot for me, my SA:MP have not anymore so much lagg.

Pablo? thanks for your help, but when I replaced the map, my GTA-SA and SA:MP won't started anymore, SA:MP gave me a crash report, and GTA:SA didn't work anymore. Do you know what the problem is?

Kind regards,

brianfury

Comment

BeeR the reason you lagg so badly is, because you only have 1GB of ram and so old pc.
                              I recommend 8GB atleast and a graphics card that has atleast 1GB of videoram or more.
                              Maybe a ssd for boot drive and a 1TB for data storage. ( dont get a seagate, since i dont trust these )

Comment

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X