Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a problem to add a new avatar image for my profile, but i have an error that i don't know how to fix it, i tried to edit the image with Photoshop, change the size, but nothing, my problem is that "Image resize failed due to your image library not having support for this image type." and i tried other images, but i still have the same error. I tried to change my image because there is other user who uses my image, and as i can't change my image, i added normal avatar.
    Last edited by Churre; 04-04-17, 02:08 AM. Reason: extra info

Español: Tenés que asegurarte de que la imagen sea .jpg, .png o .gif, de otra manera no se podrá usar esa foto. Para cambiar el formato de las fotos entra a este link.

English: You have to be sure that the image you want to use is .jpg, .png or .gif. It won't work if the image isn't in one of those formats. To change the format of your photo click here.

Comment

From what i Googled it appears that one of the options from the Admin control Panel isn't enabled.
      Just wait for Stefan/Rick to eventually fix it.

Source

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

i'm having the same problem, can't it be fixed fastly? uh jesus

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post

It's actually issues with the PHP version (as mentioned by Bloodcell), just that the error does not show on previous vBulletin version and i added work-around code to resize the thumbnail email... However the vBulletin 5 now shows the error so the avatar will be rejected. Make sure you resized your avatar image smaller by 150x150 and around 400 KB already before uploading.
            well i tried to resize the avatar image 150x150 and less than 400kb but it still didnt work so we might as well just wait until its fixed.

Comment

same problem here also

Comment

I've done inspecting this issue, there is nothing wrong with the configuration nor permission in forum admin panel, it's the GD image library that is not enabled (on settings like php.ini)/not installed on the web server, owner and developer need to fix that (Rick , Stefan ,Bloodcell , wooolly). After it's enabled, the "GD" settings should appear on the phpInfo() page... Alternatively forum can use ImageMagick software.
                If i'm wrong, then the forum setting in config.php located in forum core include files is set to low size, https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...20#post3556820
                Test page to see if the imaging library works:
                GD
                ImageMagick
                both are blank now since it's not working, if it works, it should give image like this:
                http://vbulletin.com/forum/image.php?i=im
                https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/image.php?i=gd

What is possible for now is to upload your avatar image with size of 100x100 px in gif, jpg/jpeg, and png format. Make sure you resize it first to that size in order to set it as your avatar.
                Last edited by Robo; 29-04-17, 11:42 AM.
                KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                  I've done inspecting this issue, there is nothing wrong with the configuration nor permission in forum admin panel, it's the GD image library that is not enabled (on settings like php.ini)/not installed on the web server, owner and developer need to fix that (Rick , Stefan ,Bloodcell , wooolly). After it's enabled, the "GD" settings should appear on the phpInfo() page... Alternatively forum can use ImageMagick software.
                  If i'm wrong, then the forum setting in config.php located in forum core include files is set to low size, https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...20#post3556820
                  Test page to see if the imaging library works:
                  GD
                  ImageMagick
                  both are blank now since it's not working, if it works, it should give image like this:
                  http://vbulletin.com/forum/image.php?i=im
                  https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/image.php?i=gd

What is possible for now is to upload your avatar image with size of 100x100 px in gif, jpg/jpeg, and png format. Make sure you resize it first to that size in order to set it as your avatar.
                  Thanks for your investigation Robo. I will enable GD library and do the edit in the configuration file tomorrow

Comment

in i posting my photo him read :
                    Image resize failed due to your image library not having support for this image type.
                    i need help please.
                    thanx!!
                    PS: this probleme no only with avatar pic this bug in all posting pic
                    Last edited by _OmAr.; 03-05-17, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _OmAr. View Post
                      in i posting my photo him read :
                      Image resize failed due to your image library not having support for this image type.
                      i need help please.
                      thanx!!
                      PS: this probleme no only with avatar pic this bug in all posting pic
                      I don't know about the avatar thing, but if you are having the same problem uploading pictures in pms,threads etc..., then use tinypic.com/ and copy the [IMG] link, and paste wherever u wanna add that picture in forums.

People get mad when you treat them how they treat you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nela View Post

I don't know about the avatar thing, but if you are having the same problem uploading pictures in pms,threads etc..., then use tinypic.com/ and copy the [IMG] link, and paste wherever u wanna add that picture in forums.

ty ela
                        i will test
                        Originally posted by Nela View Post

he read :
                        invalid_url
                        Last edited by Robo; 28-05-17, 07:46 AM.

Comment

i had this problem too but i fixed
                          I think you should take a picture 100 x 100 this works for me

Comment

Yes Roman, I already found the solution, and here is a tutorial of how to change an image to 100x100 for the people who doesn't know how to change the resolution of the image

First, you must have Photoshop, and open it, and while you are in Photoshop, click in File and then click in Open

And in Width and Height change the numbers to 100

You will have this:

Then, click in File again and click in Place

Search the image and then click in Place

Then you will have the image in 100x100, press right click in the image, and click in Place

After that, click in File and then click in Save as

And then add a name to the image if you want, and click in the arrow looking down on where says Photoshop (*PSD. *PDD) and to save it, select format JPEG or PNG... Click in that formats, after that, click in Save.

That's all, after that you can close Photoshop, and you will no longer have problems setting your avatar image.
                            Last edited by Churre; 30-05-17, 01:57 AM.

Comment

It's fixed now, thanks to Rick!
                              Originally posted by Rick View Post

Thanks for your investigation Robo. I will enable GD library and do the edit in the configuration file tomorrow
                              KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X