Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing SAMP with mods without getting banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing SAMP with mods without getting banned?

[ NOTE: I have read the "READ BEFORE POSTING" topic, i figure this subject needs a bit more conversation. No i did not find any post detailing this topic.]

I have been playing GTA SA Singleplayer for some time now, and i like to use mods and cheats. Just for the fun.

The first thing i use is the ASI Loader. This i only use because it is needed in order for the "windowed mode" mod to work.
    I don't like the fullscreen, because i cannot minimize the game. So this fixed the problem.
    I couldn't find any other way to play the game in window mode without using this ASI Loader.

Second mod is ZMenuSA16, a in-game tool for teleporting, spawning, changing various values, like cash, time and weather, etc.
    This is what i like to use for fun, and that's it.

Third and last is the "no blur" mod, because i like to see where i am driving when going very fast.

So a few days ago i decided to try for the first time, the SA Multiplayer.
    Started the exe, saw the server list, and randomly picked a server, in english.
    It was the GamerX server.
    I joined the server, everything was ok. I started to familiarise myself with ground rules and ways to play on the server.

When all of a sudden, i couldn't react with any player anymore.
    I check the chat, and it says i was issued a warning for using an ammo cheat or tool.
    I was like "what hack? i just started playing. What is happening?"
    Then i remembered i use mods and cheats for the game.
    "but those mods are for the singleplayer, how are they working on the server?"
    "And even if they do work, i did not enable any mods or cheats when i joined"
    Is this situation telling me that all the enabled functions from the mods and cheats are "enabled" into the server game?
    Why would the server even allow those mod functions to work?

In that moment in time, i did not think much about it, because i left the server and tried joining again.
    I thought that maybe now the mods will not work, and i could play.

But no, when i joined again i was banned, for again using some sort of hacking.

Thankfully i solved my ban issue with an admin here.
    But that doesn't solve my issue.

In short, can i play the SA MP, with my mods installed that i use for singeplayer?
    Because if you are telling me, that i can only play with no mods, then i do not want to play SA MP.
    The idea that i have to install and remove my mods every time i wish to switch from singleplayer to multiplayer
    is nonsense.

I already told you you can't use any mods that give you and advantage, the ZMenuSA16 is forbidden in the server, also any ASI loader, already told you to uninstall everything, a cheat that works in single player will work on SA-MP.

So you CAN NOT play SA-MP with your mods installed.

Comment

Hi,
      Basically, the mods which give you unfair advantage or even do not but look unfair are not allowed here. In your case, you have been using some mods that are supposed to be working in single-player for fun only, however, recently, after you joined the multiplayer game, you happened to notice that your single-player cheats/mods are working here as well. Since you are keen to keep those mods/cheats for single-player, you might want to install other ones that do not affect your multiplayer game. By saying that, I want you to search for other similar (Not same) mods/cheats thoroughly and install them. This way both parties will be satisfied.

This might not be the only way but I just shared my thoughts that I could come up with at this time of night. Others might be able to help you as well in their posts.

Cheers~
      If you are making fun of someone's Physical disability then congratulations You are mentally disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by johnwalter10445 View Post
        Why would the server even allow those mod functions to work?

In that moment in time, i did not think much about it, because i left the server and tried joining again.
        I thought that maybe now the mods will not work, and i could play.

But no, when i joined again i was banned, for again using some sort of hacking.
        SA-MP doesn't let servers poke your stuff in your PC, many mods and scripts will work or not work in SA-MP and that's just following the nature of GTA:SA mechanism. In fact SA-MP itself is a Multiplayer Modification to the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. To be noted SA-MP is NOT an official multiplayer option provided by Rockstar Games, so it is wrong to believe that mods in general will only work in single player, unless otherwise stated by the mod developer.

In short, can i play the SA MP, with my mods installed that i use for singeplayer?
        Because if you are telling me, that i can only play with no mods, then i do not want to play SA MP.
        Allowed or not allowed, it is up to the server policy and rules, most server will not allow you to play with mods, some server have exceptions, and for GamerX Server we do not allow mods that gives advantages. It is mentioned in the rules:

Originally posted by Bloodcell View Post
        2.1 Do not use ANY cheats or game modifications such as CLEO or Parkour. This excludes mods that only affect your own game such as skin mods, hud mods, speedo mods, and vehicle mods. This excludes the GamerX Custom IMG file.
        We are not able to identify all of available mods for GTA:SA, so before using them be sure to consult with the admins here.

Also,
        Third and last is the "no blur" mod, because i like to see where i am driving when going very fast.
        This is not necessary, SA-MP already have the blur effect disabled so your mod is useless..

The idea that i have to install and remove my mods every time i wish to switch from singleplayer to multiplayer
        is nonsense.
        You can make two copies of GTA:SA installation (simple copy paste of the folder would work), one for single player with mods and another one clean for the multiplayer. Then you can install SA-MP onto the clean copy folder.
        Last edited by Robo; 11-02-21, 12:59 PM.
        KVIrc User

Comment

Thank you all for your comments. I want to play fair and not break any rules.

I will try this two game copies idea.
          It seems as something that could work for me, thank you.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
          X