No Write Access Custom IMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Write Access Custom IMG

I installed the Auto Updater for the Custom IMG, and it says i have Version 21, but has no write access. How is that possible? I even used Fix-Custom-IMG-Permissions.bat file from http://gamerxserver.com/downloads/

BTW: The custom IMG is not installed on my SSD, but on my Hard drive ( E:\ )
    Can't redownload this img, because of Slow Internet connection here. Its between 512kbit and 3mbit = Vacation and probably Mobile Internet connection of France Telecom.

E:\Programma's\Program Files(x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas Custom IMG <--- Here and created the Map Names all myself.

Last edited by daan_deurloo; 15-08-14, 11:31 AM.

It's because of the Windows permissions, I'm going to edit this post in 5 minutes with the steps.

Quote from http://gamerxserver.com/img:
    If you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8 and you have UAC enabled then you must grant full control permissions to "Users" for the Custom.IMG and Custom.IDE files in your SA:MP folder otherwise the program will NOT be able to overwrite them with an updated version. If you do not have write access for the files then the program will warn you when you start it up. If needed, ask Matite on IRC for help.
    Graphical steps:

1. Go to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\SAMP'
    2. You should see this:

3. Ok, time to give permissions to files Custom.IMG and Custom.IDE to make them writeable. Right click to Custom.IMG file -> Properties -> Security'. Now, in "Group names or users", choose the "Users" option. After that, click in "Edit" to edit the permissions. Now, mark the "Allow" option to all cases. The final result should look like this:

4. Save and accept. Repeat the step 3 with Custom.IDE file.
    5. Restart the IMG tool and check if it works now.

That should be the fix to your problem!

PS: Also, when you open the IMG tool, Run is as administrator ('Right click -> Run as administrator')
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BlancoLanda; 15-08-14, 11:45 AM.
    Summary of my life:

Comment

Ow ye would be nice.

Comment

Tryed to run it as admin ? (even after using Fix-Custom-IMG-Permissions.bat) ?
        Everything got their end somewhere, with someone.

Comment

Sure i can run this as admin ?
          there is no option for *Run As Admin*

I can try to copy GTASA with Custom IMG to my Solid State Drive * Desktop *, but i don't think that will fix the problem.

EDIT: nvm i have CUstom IMG on my SSD also. And i solved my problem. It had something with Permissions.

I had to give it rights for editing the files inside the folder. I also Gave the whole Rockstar Games folder rights for editing. Without looking at BlancoLanda's post.
          Last edited by daan_deurloo; 15-08-14, 11:58 AM.

Comment

As the message says... you can contact me for help on IRC about this problem.

The reason the "Fix Permissions Bat file" didn't work is because the word "Users" is different in your language OR the location you installed GTASA is not the default. Either way, BlancoLanda showed you how to fix it so big thanks to him.

You will not have to re-download the RAR file as it is stored on your PC in your Documents folder.

Let us know if you have any other problems.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
            X