X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard Drive RMA questions

Hi all,

I requested a Hard Drive RMA, because mine stopped working Yesterday and i want to know if you guys done it before and how long it actually took for the Replacement drive to arrive at home.

Brand Name: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST1000DM003 ( Sadly only 6 months old with 983 Hours on it )

The reason is for the RMA is actually that it give me lots of shit error's and I/O Failure when trying to create a MBR. Tested the hard drive and SeaTools told me there is a possibility that there's a bad sector(s) or hard to read sectors.
    Smart data doesn't show anything about bad sectors ( 100% health ). I think that the Drive's firmware got bugged and not making the head write/read when they should.

And also they want us to send it back into the orginal packaging if possible, but who saves the orginal package ? i don't.

This is the error i get all over the place *Can not be performed because of an error in an I / O device*
    Same when trying a Surface scan and Secure Erase. Oh and doesn't go any further then the Bios logo when connected to SATA.

Last edited by daan_deurloo; 22-01-15, 11:20 PM.

1- http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...isk-error.html
    2- http://techchannel.radioshack.com/fi...rror-1693.html
    i hope this website's solve your problem

Comment

Pallo, the seatools will give me a error either with short tests, hdsentinel says there are i/o on a specific sector etc. By that i think that the drive got tons of bad sectors and Seagate support told me even that i should make a RMA which i did.

Errors are on sata aswell on sata to usb.

Another hard drive on the Same SATA cabel works fine. ( Western Digital drive )
      Last edited by daan_deurloo; 23-01-15, 11:10 AM.

Comment

that error comes when you try to open the drive like C dtive D drive?if yes which drive you open and then it comes? all drives that are on your hard drive have the same error when you try to open them?did u used any antivirus to scan that drive?

Comment

Instant it seems clear In the picture that i can't make the hard drive to MBR or GPT. Drive is bricked and will be send back to seagate today.

Comment

did you tried this:
            open cmd and type this code

chkdsk X: /f
            replace X to that drive and enter

or maybe reading this can help you

http://www.seagate.com/files/staticf...dows.en-US.pdf

Comment

Instant i already tried all those things above.
              Even tho the hard drive sounded just normal at spin up.
              Hard drive has been packed already and posted.
              Most of the pc stores here work with Western Digital drives just for one reason.

I also contacted Seagate Support by phone ( American support tho ). They told me to send that thing as i explained them.
              Last edited by daan_deurloo; 23-01-15, 03:25 PM.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
              X