Car Flying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Flying?

I know there are commands in the server that allow us to jump in the air with our vehicles and to launch ourselves through the air. We love cruising the clouds and looping the loop, rolling barrels and what not. But, there's always been these questions in the my mind: Is this exploiting the commands? Is it abusive? What are the admin's thoughts on flying cars?

I've tried to bring it up in game, but I'm often told "how" to fly, not whether or not we "should". I assume, since I've flown so often the admins must have noticed by now, that it's okay. I've never been punished or warned for flying, that I am aware of.

There was one time I was kicked, but it was a misunderstanding about how I was controlling the car, not that I was in the air. The admin thought I had a mod installed to control my car's handling. When I told them how I was flying, they understood and everything was good. Although, someone had mentioned that how I use these commands is abusive. I can't recall who, but it may have been an admin as well.

How I use the commands is probably a little different than most players. I see people boost in the air from time to time. Some of them even have figured out how to turn. Most times, however, people only jump up in the air and drop back down, or boost once and crash into the ground.

When I use them, I tend to behave more like a traditional airplane. I do banks and rolls, I change my pitch and yaw (just learned that one). I hang and hover sometimes as well. I cruise low above rooftops and try to fly around trees and buildings without crashing. I haven't found anyone to "dogfight", since flying like this is so hard, but it's quite fun, and really challenging, even solo.

I can see how flying like this can be used to annoy people or kill pedestrians and crash up cars. You can ram helicopters and planes in mid-air so they explode. You can have someone ride the roof and snipe from the sky. You can even go nuts in a confined place (like red zones) and kill the pedestrians with your car, by bouncing off all the things you collide with and ramming the players with your super-fast, chaotic crashing.

The most disturbing thing, however, is that it can give you access to places the admins might not want you to have access to, such as events. You can fly out to DM zones and other event areas, if you know where to find them. This can lead to non event players invading the event for griefing. Not cool.

Obviously, i am not condoning car flying for griefing or abuse. It sort of requires autofix to be on (you crash a lot), so you can't drive-by while you fly. Car ramming is kinda forgivable, since it can be hard to control your landings sometimes, but not if that's the main reason you're flying.

Personally, I love the fact that we can do this. I think it should be allowed explicitly, but with restrictions, such as not greifing events or flying drive-bys.

So.... What do you think?

That's good enough for me!

Originally posted by C_isForCookie View Post
    When I use them, I tend to behave more like a traditional airplane. I do banks and rolls, I change my pitch and yaw (just learned that one). I hang and hover sometimes as well. I cruise low above rooftops and try to fly around trees and buildings without crashing. I haven't found anyone to "dogfight", since flying like this is so hard, but it's quite fun, and really challenging, even solo.
    I do that too:P,using car like a plane it's pretty funny ^^ . Even car ramming with speed bost at redzone it's not allowed so if you see someone do that just report them. flying drive-bys with car? never saw ppl doing that and i think there's no need a rule against it.

Originally posted by C_isForCookie View Post
    The most disturbing thing, however, is that it can give you access to places the admins might not want you to have access to, such as events. You can fly out to DM zones and other event areas, if you know where to find them. This can lead to non event players invading the event for griefing. Not cool.
    When you join at event the word between event players and NON-event players it's different so i don't think that is needed(correct me if i'm wrong)

Comment

3.2 Do not use speed boost or directional speed boost to annoy other players by ramming them.
      As long as you respect that rule, you can do car flying as much as you want. There is nothing wrong with that.

And cat it right, events work in another virtual world. You can't really disturb events by that way; it's not possible.
      I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

Comment

Actually, it's quite weird to allow such car flying with specific keys via Filterscripts, which makes me wondering if car flying mods allowed or not. Because this is basically an alternate way of flying without necessary mods, it's just more complicated than having a mod.

Since players can fly using keys, I'm wondering if vehicle flying mods allowed? well it's illegal ofcourse since it's via cleo files + probably comes with flying cheats personally without being in a vehicle. It might cause a little trouble differentiating whether someone is using vehicle flying cheats or just spamming a specific key to keep his balance.
        Best Regards,
        - FutureX

Comment

Originally posted by FutureX View Post
          It might cause a little trouble differentiating whether someone is using vehicle flying cheats or just spamming a specific key to keep his balance.
          It's not really a trouble for admins. If you think someone is using flying cheat just report them and we have techniques (by using commands) to check them and being 100% sure if they're using cheat or not.

Actually, it's quite weird to allow such car flying with specific keys via Filterscripts, which makes me wondering if car flying mods allowed or not. Because this is basically an alternate way of flying without necessary mods, it's just more complicated than having a mod.

Since players can fly using keys, I'm wondering if vehicle flying mods allowed?
          We do not allow any kind of mod/cheat that gives you advantage over other players. Even tho' you can "car fly", you're doing it by using the own server's resources (the jump and boost features); therefore, both you as well all the other players are able to do it.

In the case of using a car fly mod, the equality between all the players would be broken. Obviously you would have an advantage over the other players as you would be able to fly in a better and more comfortable way than them (and using an external help which doesn't belong to the server).
          I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
          X