This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DRAFT] The Game, Client, Mod, Hack

First of all, you think that "hacks" are generally those mod_s0beit.exe, aimbot.cs blaming every .exe and .cs then believing that "mods" are only that elegant looking sultan "mod pack" you just downloaded. Also you believe that "cheats" are only magic spells like "AEZAKMI" or "HESOYAM", but then you got confused why there is a "Cheat Engine" and not called "hack engine".

That's OK, I was thinking the same when I'm very young and noob.

Disclaimer: This topic is for educational purpose only and provided "as is", as admin you may not leak this thread as it may end up for hacking information, it is not served for such purposes.

Note: Illustrations below are just estimate and may not comparable with the actual fact.

You are an admin in this server which runs the mod, you should know how this game basically works, not to confuse it with another game or another mod. And use caution when you are arguing or blaming players for cheating. So make sure to learn this properly!

The following are scenario diagrams that I drew and described by myself after researching from the internet. Although my english is not so good, I will try my best to explain.

A. Normal
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GTA SA MP Diagram-normal.png Views:	0 Size:	18.3 KB ID:	209550
    This is your clean game when you just want to play in single player

The eax.dll ogg.dll vorbis.dll and vorbisFile.dll are audio library files needed by the game. You only get these if you install GTA:SA 1.0 for Windows, so if you installed for another platform or another version (e.g. steam), additional library file may exist.

The "Game Files..." indicates anything else inside your game installation folder, for illustration, displayed in detailed hierarchy: models folder and gta3.img archive with the txd and dff

"SCM" is the file format and language for the game scripting, i.e. missions or the main gameplay itself.

"OPCodes" are the available instructions or "Operation Codes", for instance to receive ENTER key input then locate a nearby vehicle and do the action to put the player inside the vehicle.
    ​​You might already know about this when you receive error/warning messages that causes your game crashes.

B. San Andreas Multiplayer
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GTA SA MP Diagram-samp.png Views:	0 Size:	31.8 KB ID:	209525
    Now you started to modify the game by installing San Andreas Multiplayer (SA:MP). Yes, SA-MP is a mod, many servers out there disallow mod while SA-MP itself is a mod.

We get a larger diagram now, because without launching the sa-mp executable, the mod won't work. The yellow arrow indicates for SA-MP handles.
    When you start sa-mp.exe, the server browser shows up, you select a server to play, you click Connect, then the mod will inject process to the gta_sa.exe from the sa-mp.dll library.

The "bass.dll" file is just another library for audio, it comes when sa-mp added ability to stream music from the internet (i.e. /rad)

"samp.saa" is somewhat kind of encrypted archive which has files to modify how the game behaves, there are data files such as Handling.cfg (for vehicle handling configuration), stream.ini (for streaming configuration), .dat, and many more.. These are important files needed to adjust the game behavior for syncing to another players. SA-MP will try to load these files instead of GTA:SA default files.

Inside the .saa file, there is default.dat that defines which game assets to load, such as the SAMP.img file in the SAMP folder.

There is also modified ".scm" which extends the main GTA:SA scripting. It is used to let server give instructions the client, as previous example tells about entering a vehicle, with this the server is able to put the player inside the vehicle which makes /ppiv command works.
    The red arrow in the diagram indicates that SA-MP "hacked" the game stuff.

C. SA-MP + Normal Mod
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GTA SA MP Diagram-modded.png Views:	0 Size:	41.2 KB ID:	209526

D. SA-MP + ASI Loader
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GTA SA MP Diagram-hacked-asi.png Views:	0 Size:	45.9 KB ID:	209528

E. SA-MP + (ASI Loader) + CLEO
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GTA SA MP Diagram-hacked-cleo.png Views:	0 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	209533

F. SA-MP + (ASI Loader) + Moon Loader
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GTA SA MP Diagram-hacked-moonloader.png Views:	0 Size:	46.0 KB ID:	209551

This is just like CLEO, but scripting with LUA language, you can look at CLEO diagrams above and just replace it with MoonLoader.

G. SA-MP + (ASI Loader) + Mod Loader
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GTA SA MP Diagram-hacked-modloader.png Views:	0 Size:	33.7 KB ID:	209534

J. SA-MP + ENB
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GTA SA MP Diagram-hacked-enb.png Views:	0 Size:	29.0 KB ID:	209552

ENB is a graphics mod that works similar to how vorbisFile.dll is fooled with a fake dll file to load .asi, but in this case the dll is based on graphics rendering driver/library which maybe either d3d8.dll (DirectX 8) or d3d9.dll (DirectX 9), both do not comes with GTA:SA but the Windows.

Normally windows will locate d3d9.dll first in the same directory of gta_sa.exe otherwise from system32 folder. ENB works by extending graphics capabilities, tweaking settings, enhancing display to the original d3d9.dll.

Since ENB loads similarly to ASI, the latest version of ENB also comes with ASI version which do not require a fake directx dll, so the default windows directx (in system32) is used then extended by the enbseries.asi plugin.

ENB is not made just for GTA but also for another windows game made with DirectX.

I. SA-MP + External program (i.e. beitso.exe)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	GTA SA MP Diagram-hacked-program.png Views:	0 Size:	22.4 KB ID:	209535

What about...
    • DYOM
      Design Your Own Mission depends on CLEO. It seems only working with the single player SCM. For instance there is "Wrong Side of the Tracks" mission in single player, with DYOM you can play a custom made mission.
    • KeyBinder
      Keybinder is a specific mod, as it can be implemented in any scenarios above, either in ASI, or by external programs. Usually made as external program as it could be configured by the program without running the game. Known popular keybinder or macro is made with AHK (Auto Hot Key) which lets the keybinder modder to script keyboard/mouse input.
    • CamHack
      Camera Hack also falls under a specific mod, it can be implemented in either ASI or external program. Often made in ASI implementation as it allows a fly mode like airbreak to stream the game world, which would be difficult without accessing game OPCodes.
    • Speedometer
      Speedometer also falls under a specific mod, it can be implemented in either ASI or external program. Often made with combination of two. Some speedometer program that rely on DirectX library may conflict with ENB, while ASI implementation gives ability for the mod to access vehicle data from OPCodes.

To be continued later...
    Last edited by Robo; 15-04-20, 10:42 AM.
    KVIrc User

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
X