This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix Your ALT Tab Blackscreen In Windows 10

I noticed that a lot of people struggled with this problem which appears only in Windows 10 including I and Adrenaline, it can be very furstrating, when you ATL Tab while in-game you see this annoying issue, the black screen problem, this tutorial I made will be only about the black screen problem and how to fix it.

NOTE: If you have Windows 8.1 or lower versions (Or already fixed it), just close this topic as it's related to Windows 10 only, so don't try this on your computer as I do not guarantee it working for Windows 8.1 and below.

Having this problem? Follow the next steps and instructions and the game will surely work for you without being anxious about the black screen popping up whenever checking what's going on in the background.

First things first is to locate your Grand Theft Auto San Andreas file and enter it, then you may follow the other steps as the following picture.

1) Now while you are there, find your gta_sa.exe and rename it to anything, for me I renamed it blackbird.exe.

2) Open Command Prompt as administrator from your start menu.

3) Now that your Command Prompt is opened, type in the following command:
    Code:
    mklink "Your GTA File Location\gta_sa.exe" "Your GTA File Location\blackbird.exe"

NOTE: I used "blackbird.exe" because I set it to "blackbird.exe" earlier, so if you set it to something else make sure the names match.

Don't know how to browse your GTA File Location? Here is a picture

Copy the selected text marked as blue to "Your GTA File Location".
    Make sure you don't copy the one I'm using, it's different from PC to PC.

4) Now you are half way done, all what is left to do is making the SA-MP client run as administrator every time you open it. First thing here is to Right-Click it and click "Properties".

Go to "Compatibility" and select "Run this program as administrator" and click "Apply".

Now everything is done, open your client and join any server without fearing the black screen issue, you will be totally freed from it.

I hope this was helpful and working for you, thank you guys for reading

If you have a feedback, let me know in the posts below guys!

Have fun
    Last edited by Blackbird; 21-07-18, 02:13 PM.

Deathbeatz was looking for it, well Done blackbird ( Dbz cusão)

Comment

thank u

Comment

Note: I just discovered that this method also increases FPS incredibly, adds about 50+ more FPS on high-end and probably low-end PCs (I had 30 fps before with GTX 1060 & Intel Core-i5 6k, this is a bug in Windows 10 I suppose) it might work for you even if you don't have the black screen issue.

Also this tutorial is only based on Windows 10, I'm not sure about the results in other operating systems, give it a try though but expect errors.
        Last edited by Blackbird; 21-07-18, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Soon I'm getting a new PC with Windows 10, so who knows If I will get that problem, I already heard about SAMP has issues on Windows 10, thanks for this tutorial

Blackbird , isn't there any way to undo the process made If we try to do it on Windows lower versions? bcuz u said it gives u 50+ fps after doing it, so If we get any error after doing it, what can we do?

Btw, I was searching about this, and for those who get error "Unable to execute" after renaming the gta, for example "anything.exe", just remove the ".exe", only "anything" and the error won't display!,
          Last edited by Churre; 21-07-18, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Churre View Post
            Soon I'm getting a new PC with Windows 10, so who knows If I will get that problem, I already heard about SAMP has issues on Windows 10, thanks for this tutorial

Blackbird , isn't there any way to undo the process made If we try to do it on Windows lower versions? bcuz u said it gives u 50+ fps after doing it, so If we get any error after doing it, what can we do?

Btw, I was searching about this, and for those who get error "Unable to execute" after renaming the gta, for example "anything.exe", just remove the ".exe", only "anything" and the error won't display!,
            I'm not sure about undoing the process but maybe reversing the steps like changing the something.exe back to gta_sa.exe and doing that also in console, other than that I'm unaware of any other way.

Comment

Thanks buddyy

Comment

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
              X