Register

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Register

Today i was thinking to add a feature that forces new players to /Register till they didn't spawned.
    There will be a frame which ask u to /Register as we have the /Login frame.

Instead block the spawn ability by "you must register to play !" like most server's have, add an bigger text draw (can be same one like admin report text draw) with information that to use full/bigger count of server commands you need to be registered and whole /register yourpassword stuff. The window would close after player registers their nickname.
    Everything got their end somewhere, with someone.

Comment

It will cause problems, let me explain, If a player use "Ghost_[99]" name, GamerX will automatically change his name to GxTempId 65 (because Ghost_[99] name is already present in database), Then Register Frame will appear and ask to register, then that player will register and when he leave the server and someone join (which name will not accepted too) and his name will also change to GxTempId 65, GamerX will say this name is already register and change that player name to GxTempId **, so this is only spam.....-1

Comment

Disagree with this one, we have many players that don't understand English. They wont understand what it means or not know how to login again (will decrease player count). Plenty of players just want to come on to play without registering so i think it should stay as is.

Comment

Originally posted by [UMD] View Post
          It will cause problems, let me explain, If a player use "Ghost_[99]" name, GamerX will automatically change his name to GxTempId 65 (because Ghost_[99] name is already present in database), Then Register Frame will appear and ask to register, then that player will register and when he leave the server and someone join (which name will not accepted too) and his name will also change to GxTempId 65, GamerX will say this name is already register and change that player name to GxTempId **, so this is only spam.....-1
          Well let me tell you something, Nick is changed to GXTempNameIDX when someone doesn't gives the password of their account. So if someone joins with a nick eg "Ghost_[99]" they will see that this name is already registered and they will leave the game and join with a new name. If they do not do this there name will be changed to GxTempNameIDX and they will be able to play in game, So actually what I mean is the registering dialog wont appear if its already a registered nick or if its GXTempNameIDX.
          Last edited by Spraky_99; 12-07-14, 10:03 AM.

Comment

What about the dialog of register when new players join the server?

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
              Disagree with this one, we have many players that don't understand English. They wont understand what it means or not know how to login again (will decrease player count). Plenty of players just want to come on to play without registering so i think it should stay as is.
              What about to add a text dialog like Choose your language, after will choose the language will apper the full register mean a message in his language where will be a text like If you register you will be able to use /cd command to start a coundown etc ,also you will have your stats will save etc....
              You can find me here https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002106566/ See you

Comment

Originally posted by raiden View Post
                What about to add a text dialog like Choose your language, after will choose the language will apper the full register mean a message in his language where will be a text like If you register you will be able to use /cd command to start a coundown etc ,also you will have your stats will save etc....
                +1, I like your idea..

Comment

And we need people to translate all of this to. Not a very good idea to force a player to register. And yes this is on many servers.

And one user file takes atleast 1kb of space. Imagine how many users are saved then that join.. This takes alot of disk space to then.
                  Last edited by daan_deurloo; 12-07-14, 05:12 PM.

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                  X