X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requests

PLEASE READ FIRST:

I dont want anyone who has nothing to do on this topic or my problems to post here, asslickers, annoying people, please refrain from posting
    Admins are free to lock or delete this topic if it gets out of hand at any time
    I'm not making or continuing drama, I just would like honest answers to some questions, points, and thats all
    I know these type of posts are always gonna have long essays. But lets get straight to the point, no bullshit and repeating same things, I'm not here to write a Shakespeare book

I'm a donator, 50$ total donated to server, I've contributed a lot, please hear me out

This is a last resort for me, No other game or server can reach the experience gamerx offers, but I really want some things to change, So ill just speak out of my heart, all the changes me and a lot of others would love to have.

Before I start, I just wanna say I'm really happy to see recent updates to gx, but there are some things I really wanted to see for the long awaited time.

HITREG

PROBLEM: We have been requesting a new hitreg for deathmatch in the server for a really long time now, Its really not hard to just install a plugin, Right now the server is using SAMP's default hit registration which is very inconsistent, hits not registering most of the times and it is very frustrating

REQUEST: Can we have at least an estimated time if the hitreg is ever going to be updated to a better one? I have seen servers with really good hitreg which make the deathmatch 10 times more fun.

STRICTNESS

PROBLEM: Admins sometimes too strict in applying rules to new players who join, or even old players sometimes, example: Saw a gxtempname getting jailed for 5 mins for continious rocket in rz. These things make new players leave, and we need them. This strictness is draining the fun out of a lot of players, It's just a game.

REQUEST: Admins can be more lenient and soft in small rulebreaks such as those, But admins can also be more strict in big rulebreaks which make others leave for example ban evaders and hackers, N word as a joke not allowed is also causing problems but I already know that won't be changed

PERSONAL HATE

PROBLEM: Arguements erupting in chat just because someone really hates someone else, This can be indirect in chat, provoking etc

REQUEST: More strict measures taken against these arguements to prevent them from starting in public

MANAGEMENT

PROBLEM: Inconsistency and misunderstanding occurring in management team (mostly due to them not being as active as some admins/ex-admins) leading to some misunderstood or bad decisions, also lacking the ability to take basic criticism, and inactive or semi-active admins having a lot of influence in critical decisions that require intervention in server.

REQUEST: Would be nice to see better communication and understanding before taking critical decisions for players, as these decisions can really affect a ex-good player sometimes (example: recent posts on forums)

EQUALITY

PROBLEM: Players (new and some old) are always thinking that admins are gods and that they should be the only reason they play this game

REQUEST: Every player is equal and a person with their own personality so there should be a way to avoid making admins look like everything

Please remember, the thing that makes gamerx special is the community. If theres a small problem in it everything is affected.

Feel free to post what you think, And dont post unless you have something to point out.
    Last edited by Payrle; 26-06-18, 05:20 AM.

Originally posted by Payrle View Post
    Its really not hard to just install a plugin
    Ofcourse installing a plugin is not hard, you just have to download it and add it to plugin list.
    What would be hard is scripting it, even if the plugin exist (this case, the discord connector plugin), if it's not scripted, it does not give anything... Have you seen the gamerx sa-mp echo bot working on discord?

The same for that weapon-config, it simply doesn't suit with old and maybe poorly coded gamemode (like i mean not optimized).... Comparing to todays gamemode scripts with famous dependencies, like using YSI libraries, full of great plugins, modular scripting style that also follows the good practice (read: if it looks silly but works, it's not silly, note: i'm not trying to offend anyone here, everyone was a noob at first, but creativity beats over anything else)
    I have explained this in many other suggestion thread about this that the gamemode would need a very big change. And that's not easy to make. The same when Left wants a map object to be removable (not just removed at first) with a command but stay permanent and controlable, object system need to be rewritten in order to make it work good without bugs as they are still same part of the gamemode. So here we stay with the nature, with sa-mp default. I'm pretty sure there are some people interests where they prefer the lag shot system, or the today sa-mp system more than the weapon config's one. Of course, gamerx is not mainly a DM server, so you can't really expect it to happen comparing to other DM special servers. No one will give you estimation time as that's just will likely not happen.

Saw a gxtempname getting jailed for 5 mins for continious rocket in rz.
    That's always been others perspective when they don't even know what admins doing. The GXTempName is not always a new player who joins, admins will know if it was previous rulebreaker as they can see it.
    You write it correctly, it's "continuous", the admin jailed these noobs for 5 minutes just because they are keep doing it when already told it's not allowed.
    And i think you don't even know that players will get auto dis-armed (not removed weapons) when they try to use rocket in redzone, the system already prevents it (not all, as it can desync) and give a warning in text "do not use this weapon in red spawn zone", with the flashing redzone in radar indicating where they are at, plus the admin warns and removed rocket with /nr, plus the admins /fga command to teleport them away from redzone, plus the admins /fru to force them read the rules. So how come this GXTempName able to do it continuously? I think you are just exaggerating things with strictness, this all already controlled in a good and fairest way. Only noobs who don't like to play fair. This is not their own single player game where they can remove all restrictions.

PROBLEM: Arguements erupting in chat just because someone really hates someone else, This can be indirect in chat, provoking etc

REQUEST: More strict measures taken against these arguements to prevent them from starting in public
    The solution is already there, /ignore and /block command, this was already in previous update. And if things are offensive, there is admin to /mute, and there is also /report command.

MANAGEMENT

PROBLEM: Inconsistency and misunderstanding occurring in management team (mostly due to them not being as active as some admins/ex-admins) leading to some misunderstood or bad decisions, also lacking the ability to take basic criticism, and inactive or semi-active admins having a lot of influence in critical decisions that require intervention in server.

REQUEST: Would be nice to see better communication and understanding before taking critical decisions for players, as these decisions can really affect a ex-good player sometimes (example: recent posts on forums)
    That's not something you know much... we have these admins from the traitors, spies, envious, to vengeful, they like to judge other admin and most of time they don't like other admin, some don't like the server or the managers. How can we expect a better communication if the admins are even love to talk in the back about others. We already have forum to discuss things, we have special statement called "management notice", however some of the admins are careless and didn't want to listen/follow it (they see and use it as something else), which is the problem, and they only see one side like when drama happen in recent posts and then start bringing irrelevant stuff into arguments. Our management team and owners often regret whom they pick as an admin, but as you can see, most people who get levels or lost them, almost never regret from what they are doing. They see it like we take a very important part of life like if you were a daddy of a family to work and earn money to feed them. This is wrong, being admin here should be more to volunteering, not having fixed of contracts or a job, which is incomparable to recruiting a new clan member, granting trusted player status, or adding a management member, there's always different judgements since each level has different level of responsibility. And people should realize those as privileges, not a full right that they "deserved". (Please google "privilege vs right")

EQUALITY

PROBLEM: Players (new and some old) are always thinking that admins are gods and that they should be the only reason they play this game

REQUEST: Every player is equal and a person with their own personality so there should be a way to avoid making admins look like everything

Please remember, the thing that makes gamerx special is the community. If theres a small problem in it everything is affected.
    This is a wrong approach done by many people, they see admin as their close friend already, and they use it as a weapon to combat their enemies, usually happens in a clan. Everyone should learn about others and getting any kind of relationship within a long time, not a quick time. This was most people fault when they put their trust too much at first time they met a person, it causes fight, conflicts, some people got mad, some people got cry, i think it's normal in society. The internet have made people get closer to people you don't even know/far away. where extrovert and introvert met, this is common issue in internet media while social networking. You just have to choose friend wisely, and no need to get enemy, same like in real life. GamerX is only a multiplayer game server, if you are teaming in a clan, you should see like professional sports team, they don't have hates to each other, but they challenge and seek for champion. Instead of becoming some 12 years old gang school who likes to bully the weak or own things around. I am not saying that admins are not friendly, they will be friendly for things they are supposed to work with (e.g. handling with reports), i've seen this in many other online games where the server administrator/game masters becomes famous. But that doesn't mean they are celebrities you often see in media and always appear in front of camera in public. They're more like police, and the admins can protect themself from unwanted players like how cops defends themself from a crime threat. Equality does not always solve peace problems, people just have to start understanding each other first before joining close any kind of community environment. See again my answer to your 2nd, 3rd, 4th point, those are related.

In short, think example in gta games, you punch a random innocent civilian/stranger for a fight and then calls a police and acting like you didn't do anything till that civilian got arrested from causing public fight. And that becomes entertainment for you, this is where people like to ruin the fun for everyone.
    KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
      Of course, gamerx is not mainly a DM server, so you can't really expect it to happen comparing to other DM special servers. No one will give you estimation time as that's just will likely not happen.
      Yes I know its not a dm server but 80 percent of new players join for deathmatch. And these small things are the reason why people leave for other servers, only people who deathmatch a lot will understand this point here to be honest, you've seen it a lot too probably, someone complaining about no damage then leaving and never coming back. I dont know why the gamemode should be changed completely due to one plugin that is odd, it shouldnt interfere with that, sure of course you're right there'll be some small bugs left and right but that happens with every new feature and is normal.

That's always been others perspective when they don't even know what admins doing. The GXTempName is not always a new player who joins, admins will know if it was previous rulebreaker as they can see it.
      Correct, that's the case most of the time, But you know me come on, I log in anonymous accounts all the time for this. I've seen it for myself, sometimes I havent broken a rule and just walk around with an rpg in my inventory without pulling it out and admins have pmed me for that, threatning jail instantly without saying kindly to not shoot and I haven't even pulled it out. Of course I don't know the perspective of other players i'm not them, but its easy for me to make accounts were admins dont know me until they check.

That's not something you know much... we have these admins from the traitors, spies, envious, to vengeful, they like to judge other admin and most of time they don't like other admin, some don't like the server or the managers. How can we expect a better communication if the admins are even love to talk in the back about others. We already have forum to discuss things, we have special statement called "management notice", however some of the admins are careless and didn't want to listen/follow it
      Right here, but it wasn't my point. You're correct, maybe they did bad and maybe they do deserve the demotions, but heres my thing: I don't like it when I see someone who hasn't even joined the server for 5-6 months commenting on someone's problems etc. and having such crucial decisions on them without knowing full side of story. My suggestion was just to try to make everyone understand what really is going on in all perspectives before doing such decisions (I dont mean any of the recent decisions were wrong, but they could have definitely been taken in a better manner)

And about last part, It would just be nice to see other people not caring too much about levels and start enjoying the game for what its made for, some people think gamerx is only for levels, and im sure you had some recent obvious examples.

Thanks for the fast reply, again im fine with the decisions taken but I think they should be taken in a cleaner matter, hope you understand this part
      Last edited by Payrle; 26-06-18, 09:56 AM.

Comment

PLEASE READ FIRST:

PERSONAL HATE

i agree with you in the other things you mentioned but about this one , as Robo said the new updates of the server has already found a solution for this problem , which is the command /block , /ignore , and also ignore a player from sending you minigames duel such as race

Other things you mention is really needed and i want it too in the server

Comment

I dont know why the gamemode should be changed completely due to one plugin that is odd, it shouldnt interfere with that, sure of course you're right there'll be some small bugs left and right but that happens with every new feature and is normal.
          Because that weapon-config is not something small, anything can interfere anything, the smaller the feature, the smaller the possibility to interfere (bugs/errors). I'm going to give you another example, at poison's suggestion he was suggesting new feature based on the new feature, which was better godmode for trusted players, i replied the same, the anti-cheat is not just need to be updated, it has to be rewritten.... it's already smaller than weapon-config, and it's still require big changes to anti cheat. Ofcourse it would be cool with weapon-config, i mean so many server side stuff, we literally re-engineered the sync, would be cool to have custom damage, and behavior for some minigame/events, also benefit like health cheats has issue since it wont work, but that also mean our health anti-cheat will get issues too. The scripting scope which is very old, poor style, makes it hard to change. I think the developer didn't expect writing a 300k+ lines gamemode at first, but if from start the developer already anticipated it and he/she know that there will be new things, he/she would write it better since first so it can be changed easily which i was saying one, modular programming.

Correct, that's the case most of the time, But you know me come on, I log in anonymous accounts all the time for this. I've seen it for myself, sometimes I havent broken a rule and just walk around with an rpg in my inventory without pulling it out and admins have pmed me for that, threatning jail instantly without saying kindly to not shoot and I haven't even pulled it out. Of course I don't know the perspective of other players i'm not them, but its easy for me to make accounts were admins dont know me until they check.
          Correct, this is where people are doing it wrong, they play anonymously undercover, they don't know that they are nothing different to a suspicious ban evader. They think being undercover supports the admin from any kind of job, they are actually just making confusion to them. You expect the admins to do things correctly, yet you are testing them if they can do it without mistake or not. This is distracting them. Admins can't watch every players at once, the trusted player exist as a sign they are good at following rules, you own that status so that you have been put in lower priority to be watched and so the admins will put higher priority into reported players & suspicious player.

Right here, but it wasn't my point. You're correct, maybe they did bad and maybe they do deserve the demotions, but heres my thing: I don't like it when I see someone who hasn't even joined the server for 5-6 months commenting on someone's problems etc. and having such crucial decisions on them without knowing full side of story. My suggestion was just to try to make everyone understand what really is going on in all perspectives before doing such decisions (I dont mean any of the recent decisions were wrong, but they could have definitely been taken in a better manner)
          I already said this, they do not regret, we regret, and that's why Rick posted a statement to make it clear. But those people who don't like us (especially those who hasn't even joined the server for 5-6 months) love spreading rumors like "was demoted for no reason" and all. While our intention was kind to hide people mistake from everyone, some people just like to state what was not happening. You're free to ask us/who demoted the person the reasons, its all welcome, but that's the problem, we are a small team, we don't read all of your message or request, don't have much time here since we are busy with real life. We prefer handling urgent things like ban appeals or password lost issues, than handling question "why he/she was demoted?" which is actually slightly better than "why he/she was banned?". Back to the previous point i explained, there are priority on it.

And about last part, It would just be nice to see other people not caring too much about levels and start enjoying the game for what its made for, some people think gamerx is only for levels, and im sure you had some recent obvious examples.

Thanks for the fast reply, again im fine with the decisions taken but I think they should be taken in a cleaner matter, hope you understand this part
          I do understand, i have been on many levels, and to be honest i don't feel like i get benefit on it (read: level 3 is just /kick, level 4 is just /ban, level 5 is just /akill and /ve). There's something else good to take care of, i, being admin not just interested with hunting and punishing cheaters/rulebreaker, i become active like in every side of gamerx, i start help people, you can see i create objects, races, events, you can see me on forum posts (many sub forum and sections), minecraft server (creative or survival), irc (chatting or admining), discord (same like irc), teamspeak, developing the website, maintaining the forum, i have explored these places and tried almost everything even if there was nobody there. Once we lost minecraft server and was kinda sad and angry but i don't stop from gamerx. You don't have to be like charger whose specialty with race only, you don't have to be like groucho who only drive trucks, whoever you are, with old or new fashioned gameplay interest, you can be anything that does not even require a level, you don't have to be good on everything, i'm bad on deathmatching or talking so people judges me about those, but i realize i'm only on a game server that still allows me to do things which are not part of game like knowing stories from other and even i can feel jealous sometimes, like when people can actively make videos and stream, directing cool films, and they become popular. Of course many people said i don't fit this position, and many people don't like what i done, but i prefer to be myself.
          KVIrc User

Comment

Thanks, topic can be locked now

​​​​​​I just want to end by saying I hope everyone remembers it's a game and not be too serious, were all playing to have fun.
            Last edited by Payrle; 26-06-18, 12:12 PM.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
            X