[Server]Suggestion for Objects system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Server]Suggestion for Objects system

1. Admins have the ability to create moveable objects which utilize timers. My suggestion is for POBJS to be updated and such an ability to be expanded to non-admins as well.

2. Many players are contributing good maps for use in any of the event, race or challenge. My suggestion is to expand the objects system to support source, destination and effect variables in order for the maps to be more interactive.

FOR EXAMPLE: 2 objects have been created. One of them has been set as source, and the other has been set as destination. The effect is set for the destination object to move for a time being and return to original position after specified time. So when the player reaches source object, the effect is activated for the destination object for time-being after which it reverts to its original state. This addition to the object system will benefit those future maps which will be intended for use as the challenge maps.

3. It's not always just one player working solo on a map. Sometimes, it's the joined effort by 2 or more players. My suggestion is to add a command which will allow the players to become helpers to each other during their mapping session.

This is how the command should work like: /assistpob [id/name]. If the specified player was mapping, then he/she will receive an offer which can be accepted or denied by that player, just like the race, pursiut or duel dialog.

If the offer is accepted, then the objects of the player become visible for the player who offered help, simulating /rpo command. However, there won't be a constant need for /rpo. If any one of them make any changes to any object in the map i.e adding/moving/removing, it is auto-updated for the other player too

i support the 3rd idea of /assistpob others i didn't understand

Comment

All of these suggestions were previously already suggested long time ago and there has been attempt to make it while it's not continued
      KVIrc User

Comment

Madara then let me explain with examples

Suggestion 1: Admins can not only create objects but can also set 2 different position and rotation points and those objects stay in a motion between between 2 different positions and rotations.
        Just have a look at "Moving Cube Challenge" by izayoi and you'll understand

Suggestion 2: An addition in object system will allow the maps to be more interactive through source, destination and effect.
        An example can be the "Find A Way" challenge where you need to find your way for any reason. It would be a lot better if some objects are modeled as "gates" and will only open if you approach the source object. This can make like an "Uncharted or Tomb Raider kind of a challenge".

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
        All of these suggestions were previously already suggested long time ago and there has been attempt to make it while it's not continued
        Robo_N1X Why the attempt at this is not continued anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Drama_Seeker View Post

Suggestion 2: An addition in object system will allow the maps to be more interactive through source, destination and effect.
          An example can be the "Find A Way" challenge where you need to find your way for any reason. It would be a lot better if some objects are modeled as "gates" and will only open if you approach the source object. This can make like an "Uncharted or Tomb Raider kind of a challenge".
          That needs a hardcore coding with object collision plugin.

Robo_N1X Why the attempt at this is not continued anymore?
          it was better to convert the whole player object system with streamer plugin, but that wouldn't be easy.
          KVIrc User

Comment

That needs a hardcore coding with object collision plugin.
            ColAndreas

it was better to convert the whole player object system with streamer plugin, but that wouldn't be easy.
            Doesn't it already use Streamer plugin? because CreateDynamicObject has the "playerid" param with which it's decided who the object will be visible to. Standard CreateObject does not have a playerid param.

Comment

ColAndreas

Doesn't it already use Streamer plugin? because CreateDynamicObject has the "playerid" param with which it's decided who the object will be visible to. Standard CreateObject does not have a playerid param.
              Both of your assumption is wrong, we already know what ColAndreas is, and alternatives to/other object collision plugin, therefore i mentioned "object collision plugin", if you think i thought it didn't exist, i wouldn't mention so (note that also i did not write "incognito's streamer plugin" there). And for the second point, that's also the reason i said to convert the whole player object system with a streamer plugin. I don't know why you are mentioning "Standard CreateObject does not have a playerid param", that's not how our Player Object was based on.

So why hardcore? Implementation is the concern right here, for example you mentioned directly ColAndreas to be used in challenges, while challenges need to work on another virtual world, and ColAndreas doesn't.

More details you can find after we find the previous thread to these suggestions (as i said in my first reply), one of these are probably in old forum where it lost, because i remember auto /rpo was suggested when Ez is the owner.
              KVIrc User

Comment

Both of your assumptions are wrong, we already know what ColAndreas is, and alternatives to/other object collision plugin, therefore i mentioned "object collision plugin", if you think i thought it didn't exist, i wouldn't mention so
                Ofcourse, you knew about ColAndreas. I only mentioned it because you mentioned "Object Collision Plugin" and ColAndreas is the only plugin in that category which I know of.

(note that also i did not write "incognito's streamer plugin" there). And for the second point, that's also the reason i said to convert the whole player object system with a streamer plugin. I don't know why you are mentioning "Standard CreateObject does not have a playerid param", that's not how our Player Object was based on.
                Ahh, I see. The whole map objects system is based entirely on the standard SAMP functions, and not the streamer.

So why hardcore? Implementation is the concern right here, for example you mentioned directly ColAndreas to be used in challenges
                I did not mention for it be directly used in challenges (already answered above ^)

Challenges need to work on another virtual world, and ColAndreas doesn't.
                I don't know about that. I have never really used that plugin because it concerns mapping objects which is something I'm not keen about.

More details you can find after we find the previous thread to these suggestions (as i said in my first reply), one of these are probably in old forum where it lost, because i remember auto /rpo was suggested when Ez is the owner.
                I wouldn't know about that, specially if it was in old forums

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                X