This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autofix sensitivity

Don't know how is it for everyone, but a broken bumper or door is annoying for me.
    So I thought about a 3 level autofix system that can be set by player:
    Level 1 - Car gets repaired after minor damage
    Level 2 - The same as now
    Level 3 - Car gets repaired after heavy damage (fire or black smoke)

Yes. This bother me too.
    【=◈⌣◈=】Porter Robinson

Comment

there would be no use for level 2 and 3. there is a sligh delay before the car gets repaired to when it should be. this means if you are smashing around, you are more likely to explode with level 2 or 3 than compared to 1.
      I used to be the only lvl1 player with speed boost 3 on the server. then robo came...

Comment

Don't be that lazy, use /fix instead.
        Need new haters, the old one started to love me!

Comment

Originally posted by Web. View Post
          Don't be that lazy, use /fix instead.
          there is a reason autofix exists, that is so you dont have to do /fix, this means it should work and you shouldnt have to do /fix.

dont be lazy is just a dumb excuse to make the game more frustrating.
          I used to be the only lvl1 player with speed boost 3 on the server. then robo came...

Comment

Originally posted by rinu View Post
            there is a reason autofix exists, that is so you dont have to do /fix, this means it should work and you shouldnt have to do /fix.

dont be lazy is just a dumb excuse to make the game more frustrating.
            He said for the bumpers, doors. I know it's annoying, but by doing /fix (it fixes your bumpers, doors etc). I wouldn't mind if this suggestion get added for lazy people :]

I just gave my opinion that it can be done with the /fix command too, although. would be good too if this gets accepted.
            Need new haters, the old one started to love me!

Comment

Yeah, lvl 3 wouldn't work very well for players with high ping. But a more "strict" autofix for races atleast would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by rinu View Post
                there is a reason autofix exists, that is so you dont have to do /fix
                If you want an instant autofix, play the game on the server where its running.
                The different between game cheat and game server feature is the speed and synchronization, the process requires some time, also it's limited for other usage. Starting from autofix that "FIX" for 2 seconds update (from what i noticed), looping through all players, checking if the player has flagged as having autofix enabled, checking if each player is on a vehicle and is the driver of it, checking the health if is not more than 950 (the number that as far i know, because it's useless to repair the fixed car for every 2 seconds), then fix the vehicle by repairing the bodywork, and then set the vehicle health full to 1000.0, then process to next player (such a long step isn't it? if it can be debug would only took 1-2ms, depends on the player ping, can be slower). Maybe i'm wrong, maybe its supposed to fix every second but somehow its late for 2-3 seconds to fix my car.

I don't like the idea about the levels,
                But i'd suggest (from your idea) that repair bodywork when the vehicle element damages are updated (such as doors, tires, panels, lights).
                But for the vehicle health, would only fix the same as current one. just need to move out that bodywork repair when only one is broken, although vehicle became to have smoke when the health is below 650, but many things are unexpected like got rammed with speedboost or explosions or collisions with objects, might give high damage quickly, so i think the number is fine for now.
                So, you would see a vehicle with not max health but body is good.
                Also it's better to remove the autofix from Godmode as it's useless. (I always only enable godmode, without autofix)
                Last edited by Robo; 14-08-14, 05:25 PM.
                KVIrc User

Comment

To clear up some confusion with godmode and autofix:

The code which is used for godmode and autofix runs on a timer which is triggered every 1.8 seconds. There will always be some delay between when your vehicle is damaged and when it is repaired. If you have godmode and autofix enabled then the autofix code is NOT processed as the vehicle is also repaired in the godmode code.

Currently, the vehicle is only repaired if its health is less than 900... the value of 1000 is fully repaired. In the next update (v4.2.0) I changed it to repair when the vehicles health is less than 990 so you should see less damaged bodywork.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                  X