Elevator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevator

As far as I remember, Mousytom told me once that only admins can build moving elevators. According to me players can't misuse moving elevators so please allow normal players to build it too. Better things can be created while using moving elevators, like one of that base which was created by Mousytom at /l 69. Nothing much, elevators can be operated just like other objects, that is /epo. Please allow this thing. PS do something like we can allow them to move vertically as well as horizontally.

with regards
    flogrils

Because it's player object, other player cannot see if the object is moving, they have to /rpo many times if so, and also it's possible that the object is already moved before other player use /rpo.

Also admin are not able to save moving object, means if this is added, you have to set it every time you created the object, and after the ID was just changed (refreshed with /rpo, loaded or object was deleted) that would move another object. Since Admin's streamed object stays for long, and it has an ID that wont change (stays same at first created ), it's no problem at it. Also it's kinda difficult for new admins to place it, in this case player would need to learn first how to place and setting up moving object correctly.

If there will be ever auto /rpo made, then this is possible to add (it's possible, but will need extra code and changes to the player object system). Still it's good idea and possible to make.

I remember i did some little trick to make a simple elevator (you can't set where it will start and where it will stop) with /mas (yes this only works once, not from /lpos), i deleted other parts of the ship, and i left the back elevator platform/side elevator then changed its model with /spom then i can have elevator there where only myself can control or see it.
    KVIrc User

Comment

@Robo I wasn't knowing that a little elevator can be this much complicated :s , ty for telling me. I would really appreciate if this thing is added in future [ auto /rpo I mean ].

Question - elevators can't be created in the same way like that of /cpo [id of cash]?? There are few items which are constantly in motion after getting created like hiddinie [ that weird looking cat from GTA vice city ], cash etc.

Suggestion - There can be 2 /cpo ids of elevators, for example -> /cpo 77777 for elevator that moves horizontally and /cpo 88888 for elevator that moves vertically.

Comment

Originally posted by flogrils. View Post
        Question - elevators can't be created in the same way like that of /cpo [id of cash]?? There are few items which are constantly in motion after getting created like hiddinie [ that weird looking cat from GTA vice city ], cash etc.
        I don't get your example with GTA Vice city, however objects in sa-mp are scripted to be able to move (not the object itself can move), means any object model can be moved.

Originally posted by flogrils. View Post
        Suggestion - There can be 2 /cpo ids of elevators, for example -> /cpo 77777 for elevator that moves horizontally and /cpo 88888 for elevator that moves vertically.
        I didn't said about the Model ID, what i mean is the Player Object ID, that numbers from 1 to 500. Streamed object is also having player object id for each player, but as it's handled by a plugin, it has an unique object ID globally (so not for each player) in the server.

The object doesn't have to only move in one direction, it can move to any position even since 0.3e it is scriptable for the object to rotate (Like the garage door in tune or paint shop)

EDIT: One another reason why it's only for Streamed Object, even a streamed object that is made globally are limited only for 20 moving objects, so if this was made for each players that will need more resource.
        Last edited by Robo; 04-11-14, 02:40 PM.
        KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
          I don't get your example with GTA Vice city, however objects in sa-mp are scripted to be able to move (not the object itself can move), means any object model can be moved.

I didn't said about the Model ID, what i mean is the Player Object ID, that numbers from 1 to 500. Streamed object is also having player object id for each player, but as it's handled by a plugin, it has an unique object ID globally (so not for each player) in the server.

The object doesn't have to only move in one direction, it can move to any position even since 0.3e it is scriptable for the object to rotate (Like the garage door in tune or paint shop)

EDIT: One another reason why it's only for Streamed Object, even a streamed object that is made globally are limited only for 20 moving objects, so if this was made for each players that will need more resource.
          Gotcha

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
          X