[AUTOFIX] Suggestion for Drive-bys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AUTOFIX] Suggestion for Drive-bys

Considering that it is against the rules (GamerX Rule: 3.4)to do a drive-by while you have auto-fix enabled, I suggest that firing out of the car in either the passenger or driver's seat, with either the Q and E keys as the driver, or the H key as a passenger, or in any way from a bike or other vehicle, should trigger the game to automatically set the driver's /autofix option to off, thereby bringing the rule-breaking players in compliance with the server rules.

This will help in two ways.

First, it will make breaking that particular rule difficult enough to be explicitly intentional, as opposed to possibly unintentional due to ignorance or forgetfulness, making punishing people who break this rule much easier to justify, since they can't say they didn't know what they were doing. ie: they would have to do something proactive to break this rule, instead of being allowed to break it by default.

The reduction in occurrences of rule breaking will lessen the number of reports sent to the admins due to drive-by killings and will allow the admins to focus primarily on players who are willfully attempting to cheat this rule.

Right now, /autofix is enabled by default for new players, and they are not informed of this (that I am aware of) unless they turn it off and then back on. It is not unreasonable to be found guilty of this rule breaking without knowing it, even ignoring language difficulties.

Secondly, I feel this will also bring more enjoyment to the game, since players who are fired upon from vehicles could then have a reasonable chance to engage in battle. A car full of sharp-shooters with autofix on, boosting by at top speed, guns a-blazing, is very annoying.
    Last edited by C_isForCookie[M4]; 22-06-15, 02:38 AM.

That's good enough for me!

There's already a system like what you said In-game.

When a player kills someone via drive-by their auto-fix is automatically turned off and the admins are instantly notified.

Comment

Well, that's lovely. Thanks.

That's good enough for me!

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
      X