[CHAT]Main language, English!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CHAT]Main language, English!

Why not add a "rule" which says you should use English in the main chat? I personally think it's impractical when people are speaking differente languages in the main chat.That leads me to another suggestin about chat rooms. It would be awesome if you could create your own chat rooms ingames.

This has been suggested many times , Bloodcell said this will be on forum soon ! :3 Moderators will be only TP`s and Admins .

Comment

I think it's not a problem if people use main chat to speak others languages. Here in GamerX are newbees and they don't know about /Pm id command yet.
      And about "Chat Rooms" we have already "/pm id text" or "Setpc id (SetPrivateChat)" to speak only to 1 person, or we can join teams (/Teamlime; /Teamred etc.) to speak to persons are in specified team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost_[99] View Post
        I think it's not a problem if people use main chat to speak others languages. Here in GamerX are newbees and they don't know about /Pm id command yet.
        And about "Chat Rooms" we have already "/pm id text" or "Setpc id (SetPrivateChat)" to speak only to 1 person, or we can join teams (/Teamlime; /Teamred etc.) to speak to persons are in specified team.
        ye but about /pm someone would have to pm every single player he wants to have a chat with?
        setpc id what if i want to chat with more than 1 person?
        in teams there can be random players, players who doesn't know what's going on if you are having a chat with someone.

There should be a command for group chat, you invite specific players, they join and you chat with them, simple as that.
        About your suggestion Julius, just look around any server in sa-mp especially servers full of players, you will notice that anyone starts speaking with their own language in the main and that's just normal, I bet newbies do know about the /pm cmd since it's almost the same to any sa-mp server but yet they barely use it if they just joined the server, and I personally think it's not a problem unless the chat gets spammy and doesn't let you say anything, then in that case simply ask who is talking to continue the chat in pm.
        Last edited by UltimateSoldier; 30-11-13, 10:17 PM.

Comment

USELESS. When i'm in i see alot of people speaking Non-English Language so ? same for other servers.
          Last edited by daan_deurloo; 30-11-13, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I disagree.
            This is international server.
            Most player talk with primary language with each other who understand.
            But sometimes they don't know english at all.
            Once a player from the same country of mine needs help but he can't talk english, it doesn't comfort him because he doesn't understand with things, so i help with my own language. When player don't feel comfort, they will leave the server.
            But i feel comfort when there is someone talking with my primary language.
            adding rule like this is similar to discrimination.

About the chat group, i don't think it wont work, not all players will find where the chat group for their language. Even they don't know /pm command.
            A global chat showing various languages means that our server is popular for entire world .

Our server didn't even show where are the players came from when they join so it's hard to find the person that speak the same language of your.

You don't really need to read it when someone is talking with another language, they are just talking to each other with the same language. Not talking to you.

I have once seen this before, i was in irc but afk, there is a random noob joined the server, he speak the same language like me, he asked a command usage, but nobody answered him then he left the server. (It was a chat log, so i didn't see at that time he asked)

And one of solution when it's happened by asking "Sorry, can you use english?" or something like that, who knows that he can talk, he might be just think that he joined a local server instead.

Also sometimes a big noob may be too serious with this rules, example:
            A Joined the server.
            A: gimana cara dapetin mobil (how to get a car?)
            B: What? Talk in english noob!
            C: ???
            C -> report A for using non english.
            A Left the server.

But if no rule like this, and for example i joined the conversation:
            Me: Ketik aja /car (Just type /car)
            B: *Ignores*
            C: *Feel no problem*
            A: makasih (thank you). *spawned a car*
            And then i recommend or ask him to talk in english if he can.

BUT WHAT if there are too many players that speak non-english?
            You don't need to worry, you can chat with us (admins), or some TPs. They can speak english for sure . Even if they are not in game, we still have IRC.

So this suggestion is useless. I also agree with another reason above.

Oh and one more, have you seen 500 players talking with different languages?

That's my opinion. Oh and sorry, i wrote too long, maybe it also cause i typed with bad spelling and grammar :P
            Last edited by Robo; 01-12-13, 01:08 AM.
            KVIrc User

Comment

You put the rule in English language to speak English, how the non-English speaker could understand? I've seen some players are so bad in English. We need the rules to be written in world-most-used languages or server-most-used languages, for example, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, etc. So I'm sure the non-English speakers would understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                I disagree.
                This is international server.
                Most player talk with primary language with each other who understand.
                But sometimes they don't know english at all.
                Once a player from the same country of mine needs help but he can't talk english, it doesn't comfort him because he doesn't understand with things, so i help with my own language. When player don't feel comfort, they will leave the server.
                But i feel comfort when there is someone talking with my primary language.
                adding rule like this is similar to discrimination.

About the chat group, i don't think it wont work, not all players will find where the chat group for their language. Even they don't know /pm command.
                A global chat showing various languages means that our server is popular for entire world .

Our server didn't even show where are the players came from when they join so it's hard to find the person that speak the same language of your.

You don't really need to read it when someone is talking with another language, they are just talking to each other with the same language. Not talking to you.

I have once seen this before, i was in irc but afk, there is a random noob joined the server, he speak the same language like me, he asked a command usage, but nobody answered him then he left the server. (It was a chat log, so i didn't see at that time he asked)

And one of solution when it's happened by asking "Sorry, can you use english?" or something like that, who knows that he can talk, he might be just think that he joined a local server instead.

Also sometimes a big noob may be too serious with this rules, example:
                A Joined the server.
                B: What? Talk in english noob!
                C: ???
                C -> report A for using non english.
                A Left the server.

But if no rule like this, and for example i joined the conversation:
                Me: Ketik aja /car (Just type /car)
                B: *Ignores*
                C: *Feel no problem*
                A: makasih (thank you). *spawned a car*
                And then i recommend or ask him to talk in english if he can.

BUT WHAT if there are too many players that speak non-english?
                You don't need to worry, you can chat with us (admins), or some TPs. They can speak english for sure . Even if they are not in game, we still have IRC.

So this suggestion is useless. I also agree with another reason above.

Oh and one more, have you seen 500 players talking with different languages?

That's my opinion. Oh and sorry, i wrote too long, maybe it also cause i typed with bad spelling and grammar :P
                You really made the point clear for me I guess I changed my mind.
                Last edited by Frozen; 01-12-13, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Hell no some players don't even understand whats writen in /rules becuse in their countrys they dont speak much English...So i suggest to it should stay as it was before.

Comment

Agree with Robo... some Arab new players come on and ask in Arabic most of the time and I help them with my language..so this is not needed.

Comment

I think not a problem
                      because i am from india and i speak punjabi and i use punjabi language to chat my friends and if some one is not understand it then i use english
                      Aunty can not take position of Mother
                      Like other langiage can not take position of Mother's toung language....
                      So no need
                      Feeling Lonely? http://a.top4top.net/i_5d9879f1f60.gif лллл Try this

Comment

Originally posted by Boss View Post
                        I think not a problem
                        because i am from india and i speak punjabi and i use punjabi language to chat my friends and if some one is not understand it then i use english
                        Aunty can not take position of Mother
                        Like other langiage can not take position of Mother's toung language....
                        So no need
                        Can you repeat it please, But in english this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eugine View Post
                          Can you repeat it please, But in english this time.
                          Basically, he's saying that English is not his native language.

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                          X