Kick the players AFK without using /afk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick the players AFK without using /afk

I'm so crazy about the players afk at redzone .. Sometimes other players kill them to increase their /ks ..
    I thought that .. we need to kick out the players who are afk without using /afk , it make harder to become the Leader of /ks
    - Just My Idea
    \(0.0)/ MaxSafy ~
    o.O.o Allen ~
    (~0.0)~ Robo_N1X

You should post Here http://gamerxserver.com/forum/forumd...16-Suggestions

Comment

Admins will move this post to suggestions but back to topic, I think kicking them is a bad idea. Instead I suggest when the command /afk is used they get god mode on, player should not be able to move his character once the command is used (freeze them like how you can't do anything is jail), possibly strip them off their their weapons just in case.

You like my idea?
      Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Kick players afking without /afk is bad idea, if they forgot to use /afk then what ?, sometimes they don't use /afk, just outside do something bla bla for a short time and they come back. And some reason i can't tell all of them
        GIVE ME MY CAMERA, MOM -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Freakz View Post
          I'm so crazy about the players afk at redzone .. Sometimes other players kill them to increase their /ks ..
          I thought that .. we need to kick out the players who are afk without using /afk , it make harder to become the Leader of /ks
          - Just My Idea
          Are you talking about players who forgot to press the ESC button on their keyboard, or are you just talking about players who are paused via ESC and had forgot to use the /AFK command? This are two different things.

About players who forgot to press the ESC button on their keyboard to pause theirself.

Admins won't take any actions against a player who forgot to press the ESC button on their keyboard to pause theirself. Since the "Anti-SpawnKill System" exist (which give you 5 seconds of Godmode after you've spawned). After the 5 seconds has been reached is it the own responsibility of the player.

To read more info about this visit the following link:
          http://gamerxserver.com/forum/showth...t-SpawnKilling

By the way, you can always kill players by yourself who are making a killstreak to set their killstreak count to 0.
          Last edited by Beer; 16-11-15, 02:14 PM.

Comment

If admins kick players afk without /afk,Players will says admins abuse power when players rejoin.

Very Bad idea

Comment

In that case, regular callouts should take place:

"If you're leaving for a short time, use /afk before leaving"

It should be as regular as some other shoutouts.
              Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Just report or pm an admin to set the afk non-paused player's virtual world to another one. We usually do this, or move them to a hideout till they come back.

Kicking is not a good idea as we aim to get more players in the server, not the contrary. Kicking for silly stuff like being afk will just lead a decrease of players needlessly.

Giving them god mode wouldn't be good either as it will lead an increase of players being wrongly reported for health hack.
                Last edited by LorSimon; 16-11-15, 04:36 PM.
                I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer View Post
                  Admins won't take any actions against a player who forgot to press the ESC button on their keyboard to pause theirself. Since the "Anti-SpawnKill System" exist (which give you 5 seconds of Godmode after you've spawned). After the 5 seconds has been reached is it the own responsibility of the player.

I agree totally with Beer, it is so easy press ESC if you need to go out, if they dont do this, admins are not responsible by them

Comment

Originally posted by LorSimon View Post
                    Just report or pm an admin to set the afk non-paused player's virtual world to another one. We usually do this, or move them to a hideout till they come back.
                    Heyo sir, sorry but the matter was explained here:
                    Originally posted by Delija View Post
                    Therefore, if you go AFK without pausing, you may get killed and the Admins will not take actions against the person who killed you, as it is your own fault.
                    I was actually kinda disagree (on the discussion), This is actually unfair...
                    whats funny also that in game still show rules about spawnkilling (/ski). *waiting for next gamemode update*.

Just saying.
                    KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                      Heyo sir, sorry but the matter was explained here:

I was actually kinda disagree (on the discussion), This is actually unfair...
                      whats funny also that in game still show rules about spawnkilling (/ski). *waiting for next gamemode update*.

Just saying.
                      Heyo sir, sorry but I never said "we will take actions against certain person". I clearly said "report or pm an admin to set their virtual world or just move them to a hideout". By that I meant players could report the AFK player who didn't pause to notify the admins so we can move them elsewhere to prevent them being killed. I never said "report the one who is killing". The one being AFK should be the one reported, as I said, to let us know and move them.

Also, actually I am the one who started the discussion about spawn killing and brought the argument that players should never be punished for killing people who are AFK as that's their fault. And I still thinking the same. It is not hard to pause your game before being AFK. So, if you get killed, you cannot pretend that it is the others' fault. This is your fault for being dumb and leave your game without pausing.
                      Last edited by LorSimon; 16-11-15, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I kind of agree that it's their own fault actually. Meh. They obviously don't care about their Kills and Death stats. I'd say let's just leave it like it is in all honesty but the only change being a reminder which tells people to pause before going away for a short period.

Comment

Originally posted by LorSimon View Post
                          Heyo sir, sorry but I never said "we will take actions against certain person". I clearly said "report or pm an admin to set their virtual world or just move them to a hideout". By that I meant players could report the AFK player who didn't pause to notify the admins so we can move them elsewhere to prevent them being killed. I never said "report the one who is killing". The one being AFK should be the one reported, as I said, to let us know and move them.

Also, actually I am the one who started the discussion about spawn killing and brought the argument that players should never be punished for killing people who are AFK as that's their fault. And I still thinking the same. It is not hard to pause your game before being AFK. So, if you get killed, you cannot pretend that it is the others' fault. This is your fault for being dumb and leave your game without pausing.
                          I know sir, but that's not what i mean...

Once i joined as a level 1, there was RMS being away on spawn without paused, i reported RMS many times and asked the online admins there, one ignored other one said "we will not take action on it sir", i ask again "who said?", then it never happen. And they be like i'm the one who don't understand this (in fact almost all of my words are hardly understandable by admins, they don't get what i mean, then they will start an english language lesson to me instead). I asked other admin later they just point "it's their own fault". That's why i said "Funny"...

You might search my own post said something about this...
                          KVIrc User

Comment

I think it should be an enforced on all admins in that case

Comment

Well, then I think admins misunderstood "taking actions against" with only "taking actions". If you set their virtual world or move them to a hideout, of course you're not taking actions against a person; you're actually taking actions to help that person. Setting their virtual world or moving them to a hideout would be the best thing to do. But also if they get killed sometimes it's not a big deal. As elite said, they clearly don't care about their deaths or stats.

About the ones who kill the afk players, they should never be punished for it as they just want to get kills and good stats like any player and that's normal (that's a normal behavior in freeroam servers). Also, of course they will not wait one hour untill the afk player comes back to kill them... We cannot expect them to do that.
                              Last edited by LorSimon; 17-11-15, 02:56 PM.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X