DAPO suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAPO suggestion

I think every day to suggest something that will improve the server. Today I have found a little thing which can be improved.
    Players which have created objects needs to remove them before they can join a minigame, event or duel.
    Only if they want to join an event with player objects a dialog-box offers to remove them without using /dapo.

However, the same does not work for minigame and duel.

Therefore, I would like that minigames and duels get also this dialog box, as it saves time and can be very annoying.

Feel free to post your own opinion about it.
    Yours sincerely

Prof. Dr. Tarantula

this happens because players can take advantage or disadvantage of objects created , however , it is an excellent idea, I think saving time and would be less annoying +1

Comment

Yeah, it takes time to click "OK" or "Delete" on that dialog, and if we are trying to join event and this dialog shows up, we lose the event as it starts while we deleting pobs. I think it would be great if pobs that i have would delete automatically when i join event/race/duel etc... and be loaded again automatically when i leave the minigame. That would make our game-play better i think. BTW that's nice suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
        Yeah, it takes time to click "OK" or "Delete" on that dialog, and if we are trying to join event and this dialog shows up, we lose the event as it starts while we deleting pobs. I think it would be great if pobs that i have would delete automatically when i join event/race/duel etc... and be loaded again automatically when i leave the minigame. That would make our game-play better i think. BTW that's nice suggestion.
        No, it shouldn't be like that. It should inform players that they will get their objects deleted. New players won't know about that also the old players might forget about this.
        I think when we join minigame/event POBs shouldn't be deleted. Because they won't help us in the event cuz we move to another virtual world while joining an event.
        "I'm still playing the game, having a great time."

Jason Giambi

Comment

Event uses streamed objects, minigames or duels uses player object. Deleting player object before preloading an event map streamed object would be fine, but deleting player object while loading another player object directly from minigame/duel might be glitchy (for the client, not the server). So you are told to /dapo them first and then enter the minigame/duel manually as it has more delays. This issue is like you must be out of any interior before joining an event. But it's possible to prevent and make it with different method without glitch possibility.Having them "unloaded" temporary means having a temporary storage/temporary memory variable, server will have to save the object files first then load it again after they leave minigame. Also player object is not a virtual world specific, they appear regardless of your virtual world.
          Last edited by Robo; 13-04-16, 11:18 AM.
          KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
          X