Suggestion about races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion about races

In the new awesome update of GamerX (version 4.5.1) Rick made a new Race Record System that there are 10 top racers (/top10). When you finish a race in 2 different times in the top 10 in those 2 times you will have 2 or 3 records as shown
    So my suggestion is to make only one record that has the less time in all records of the one player.
    "I'm still playing the game, having a great time."

Jason Giambi

So your basically saying, after all the scripting gone into making a Top10 feature, you now want him to change it so that it only displays the person in the top place. I don't support this suggestion because firstly, it is better as a Top10 as it's like a leaderboard for people to know how to get to 2nd or 3rd or any other places. Also, a lot of hard work has gone into making this Top10 feature, I don't want to put anymore work on them.
    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Eliteus, I think you got it wrong. He wants only HIS personal best time on the exact race to be put into the leaderboard.
      Example: He holds the best times for 3rd and 4th positions for that race but he prefers his current best to be into the list for better competition.

Comment

Even so, I stick to my point about
        Also, a lot of hard work has gone into making this Top10 feature, I don't want to put anymore work on them.
        Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold View Post
          Eliteus, I think you got it wrong. He wants only HIS personal best time on the exact race to be put into the leaderboard.
          Example: He holds the best times for 3rd and 4th positions for that race but he prefers his current best to be into the list for better competition.
          Exactly,
          Why should my name or other name be more than one time in the Top10 and takes another place. I'm not suggesting to make the old system.
          "I'm still playing the game, having a great time."

Jason Giambi

Comment

Originally posted by Dodo View Post
            Exactly,
            Why should my name or other name be more than one time in the Top10 and takes another place. I'm not suggesting to make the old system.
            I like your suggestion , seems useless if the player's name repeats many times each time he breaks that record. +1

"Education is the most powerful weapon, that can change the world" - Nelson Mandela

Comment

Originally posted by Dodo View Post
              Exactly,
              It's an indicator for other racers what to reach to beat the next target. Also holding multiple records is a thing in other games and sports too. I see what you mean now but still the update literally came out, I want them to add new stuff rather than edit stuff they've already worked in which is fine and bug free.
              Last edited by Eliteus; 20-05-16, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I think this suggestion should be added. Just as an example, what if kenneth does the best time in some race and then he races this same track multiple times and he gets similar times? He will just end up holding all the top 10 records which will be hard for other people to beat. To make it more clear, let's say his best time was 04:04.7, later he races again and gets 04:04.725, then again and he gets 04:04.574. He will eventually lead all the top 10 by pretty similar times and other people just won't have the opportunity to appear in the top.

I think the intention with this new addition was to make other people happy by making it easier for everyone to be in top times. But if the same person is holding all the top times by practically doing the same time (just a difference at tenths, hundredths, or thousandths of a second), then the point of this addition would be missed.

Anyway, this new addition is really cool, rick did a nice job. But yeah, I think this suggestion should be added to make it even better
                Last edited by LorSimon; 21-05-16, 01:32 AM.
                I didn't choose to be latin, I just had luck.

Comment

I don't really know about this suggestion. My first purpose when I made this system was to save the 10 best times of the race. If the majority wants save the 10 best racers I can edit it, but for now I would rather spent my coding time on new features.

Comment

I actually agree on this suggestion to 100%

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                    X