X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /Spec Suggestion

Hello guys so I wanted to suggest something because it happen with me today

Suggestion #1

4 lines can take up alot of chat and you might not see what your friend or anyone called you have said(I know you might scroll up but maybe you did not)

Here is what it looks like,

** Spec: You're currently watching Biersack_[M4] (ID:3) in vehicle number 326...

[00:12:40] * Use your gamepad Analog Left direction or the Right Mouse Button to view the previous player.

[00:12:40] * Use your gamepad Analog Right direction or the Left Mouse Button to view the next player.

[00:12:40] * Use the Sprint key to cycle through the different spec views.

[00:12:40] * To exit from spec mode type /specoff or press the Jump key.

I would prefer if we can make that shorter, its a important information, maybe make it like /tr2, /spechelp or /spec id info.

Suggestion #2:

Today Pedro was in irc and told me i spam the /spec because I move from a player to another fastly, so I ignore afk people and npc bots, so i suggest it appears in irc like this

*[MM]Snickers Started Spectating ID 0

And when I close the spec

*[MM]Snickers Stopped Spectating.

I hope you do agree.

Suggestion #3:

The npcs should not been spectated, because its useless and might spam the command like what happend to me, if the second suggestion got added, it would be ok because we cant spam the command in the irc.
    I just stole this signature from aliens, you like it?

1) Do agree that this is spam, but don't agree too much with the suggestion. I suggest this comes up in a dialogue box automatically when you spectate someone, you should be able to cancel the dialogue box and move on watching a player without spam. Similarly like a /tr2 dialogue box except maybe smaller.

2) Maybe this should be the case on IRC because like you said it causes spam. I think you mean spec should turn into something you enter (notified on irc) but you can skip as much as you want (not notified on irc) and when you do /specoff it simply takes you back to your view (notified on irc). In that case I agree. Admin chat view on the other hand are notified causing spam on their chat (I think so, I got slapped ages ago by an admin ingame for skipping spec so fast). However I think they have an option to disable this not sure if a lot do disable it because if they don't then it may not be spam on irc but also admins chat view. So I don't know if this would work either way.

3) Perhaps there should be a command to be able to select whether you would like to see npcs view on the 'spectating world'. So an enable and disable option.

I am not too keen on the second two suggestions but the first one is really a nice issue that I'd like to see a change in.
    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
      1) Do agree that this is spam, but don't agree too much with the suggestion. I suggest this comes up in a dialogue box automatically when you spectate someone, you should be able to cancel the dialogue box and move on watching a player without spam. Similarly like a /tr2 dialogue box except maybe smaller.

2) Maybe this should be the case on IRC because like you said it causes spam. I think you mean spec should turn into something you enter (notified on irc) but you can skip as much as you want (not notified on irc) and when you do /specoff it simply takes you back to your view (notified on irc). In that case I agree. Admin chat view on the other hand are notified causing spam on their chat (I think so, I got slapped ages ago by an admin ingame for skipping spec so fast). However I think they have an option to disable this not sure if a lot do disable it because if they don't then it may not be spam on irc but also admins chat view. So I don't know if this would work either way.

3) Perhaps there should be a command to be able to select whether you would like to see npcs view on the 'spectating world'. So an enable and disable option.

I am not too keen on the second two suggestions but the first one is really a nice issue that I'd like to see a change in.
      #1:Yeah.
      #2:Yea totally i meant that, but I didnt understand the last part about disabling it, it should be notifed when I enter spec and when i quit only.
      #3 : that would be great.

Comment

What are you doing anyway by switching spectate on all players? Stalker or Spy?

If admins can only see "start watching from id" and then "stop on id", then how we can know which player you are watching?? since you can just switch to other player and disclose the information.

There is no need such thing about dialog box, when in spectate mode, you can always press TAB to open scoreboard, and double click the player name to jump spectate to the selected player.

Solution:
        It's better to make delay when switching between spectate so it wont be spam. Also to make admins have command to see which target a player is spectating at. The spam messages caused in IRC will cause the IRC bots works slower and might get them crashed/kicked from the irc network due to flood.
        KVIrc User

Comment

Response to question 1) I don't agree, just increase your /pagesize if you need to see more of the chat.

Response to question 2) I think this is a good idea, since it seems silly in my opinion that a player should be punished for something like that, certainly since most players aren't ever AWARE of this spam happening (how are they to know it's outputted to IRC each time?). I understand that it can be bad for the IRC bots, and I understand why gamerx should output the spectate change each time... so if admins want to start punishing players for that kind of stuff, they should at least clearly outline the offence, possibly amending the rules to make sure players are aware of the fact that spectate spam is also considered spam.

Originally posted by Robo_N1X
          Does it matter what his purpose for using it is? He is entitled to use the feature, and accusing someone of stalking just because they use the spectate mode seems a bit unprofessional from a member of management.

Originally posted by Robo_N1X
          Solution:
          It's better to make delay when switching between spectate so it wont be spam. Also to make admins have command to see which target a player is spectating at. The spam messages caused in IRC will cause the IRC bots works slower and might get them crashed/kicked from the irc network due to flood.
          I agree this is a good solution.

Response to question 3) I don't see the need to remove the spectate facility for NPCs, since there is nothing wrong with being able to spectate them.
          Last edited by DiscolouredFrog; 25-06-16, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post

If admins can only see "start watching from id" and then "stop on id", then how we can know which player you are watching?? since you can just switch to other player and disclose the information.

There is no need such thing about dialog box, when in spectate mode, you can always press TAB to open scoreboard, and double click the player name to jump spectate to the selected player.

Solution:
            So searching for rulebreakers is spying now? I am just trying to help the admins and report them, believe me I don't care about anyone that much to spy on him lol, about started spectating and ended, why do you want to do that? If you mean when the tp puts the goo or p goo, he should have a command that when you spec him it says.

Sorry you cannot spectate this player, because hes placing a p goo, I hope that helped you, you tell me to delay, I do but I love to spectate people and when I finish all the players I start back.

Originally posted by DiscolouredFrog View Post
            Response to question 1) I don't agree, just increase your /pagesize if you need to see more of the chat.

Response to question 2) I think this is a good idea, since it seems silly in my opinion that a player should be punished for something like that, certainly since most players aren't ever AWARE of this spam happening (how are they to know it's outputted to IRC each time?). I understand that it can be bad for the IRC bots, and I understand why gamerx should output the spectate change each time... so if admins want to start punishing players for that kind of stuff, they should at least clearly outline the offence, possibly amending the rules to make sure players are aware of the fact that spectate spam is also considered spam.

Does it matter what his purpose for using it is? He is entitled to use the feature, and accusing someone of stalking just because they use the spectate mode seems a bit unprofessional from a member of management.

I agree this is a good solution.

Response to question 3) I don't see the need to remove the spectate facility for NPCs, since there is nothing wrong with being able to spectate them.

So you tell me to increase the page? It's silly because it can be scripted like tr and tr2, showing the hp and armour health and ammo , that would be good to find rule breakers.

2#: I don't know anything about people spying, but I don't.

3# I want to remove npcs for a reason, why should I delay to spectate him? Hes just driving and I don't see anyone interested to see that and if I skip it counts as a spam.

Comment

/spec can be abused sometimes, like stalking etc. But hey, it's a good suggestion. Anywho.. Its purpose is to check on rule breakers, then it's fine for me.

Comment

I am Agree with you This is abused i think just for Admins /spec not sometimes its all the time abuse because all are use /spec and killing 1 players all the time and using always spec that is not good i think just admin use /spec commands that is better for all in gamerX

Regard:

Sibaren_Girl
                [SIZE=7]Nida Masood Jatt

Comment

Originally posted by Sibaren_Girl View Post
                  I am Agree with you This is abused i think just for Admins /spec not sometimes its all the time abuse because all are use /spec and killing 1 players all the time and using always spec that is not good i think just admin use /spec commands that is better for all in gamerX

Regard:

Sibaren_Girl
                  Spec command is contributing to find most of the cheaters and rulebreakers, also you can report the player who uses any command to avoid death.
                  the 2 7 squad

Comment

Regard:

Sibaren_Girl
                    Seems you didn't even look read the topic.

Comment

Regard:

Sibaren_Girl
                      I swear none of us didn't understand what you mean ... <333333333

Comment

Originally posted by Queen View Post
                        I swear none of us didn't understand what you mean ... <333333333
                        I don't understand anything ;x

Please check this topic guys.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                        X