[GJ] Grenade jump 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GJ] Grenade jump 3

Okay first off i am not entirely sure if that's the right spot to post this, since it's not really an event, more like a minigame, so if it's not, just move it.

Event type: Grenade jump [GJ]
    Name: Grenade Jump 3 [/gj3]
    Player Object Set(/LPOS):
    /LPOS GrenadeJumpVol1
    /LPOS GrenadeJumpVol2b (Changed textures)
    Map Creator: Rebel (Credits to batcold for showing me the way)
    Weapon(s): grenades
    Weather(/MyWeather): any
    Time(/MyTime): any
    There is no teleport to the starting position, but /gpo 3 should do it.
    Some pictures:

Starting point:
    Last edited by Rebel; 06-07-16, 03:09 PM.

Any thoughts? Lol.

Comment

Rebel, this indeed is a map with VERY good potential. However I think I have a few points you could improve:

Textures

I saw that your map used many objects, mostly the huge wooden wall. In my opinion, it is quite ugly, I think it should be made more attractive looking. I talked to you ingame but you said you didn't know how to texture so here is a little tutorial I wrote for an individual on how to use it:

Objects are textured using the /spoma command which is a pretty handy and easy command to learn once mastered. So here you want to spoma the following object:

Use '/spoma <id>'
      id can be found by using /so2 on the object
      You should end up here:

That is not it, there is more, so do not press enter just yet - go onto the following link:

https://textures.xyin.ws/?page=textures

Over there you should see a variety of textures like so:

Click on any texture that you like. Go onto 'features to see the featured textures. Use the search bar to search an object etc. I will pick this (it is random, you can pick what you want):

This should be the screen what you see when you click into ANY texture.

Copy ONLY the highlighted part and go back ingame and paste it after '/spoma 2'

It should look like this:

Now obviously, objects have multiple parts to them, so only one part will be textured. If you see that not the correct part of the object has been textured don't panic, I'll tell you. The following number is the position number, objects range from 0-any number, in this case it is a 0 because I only want to texture the outside:

that circled 0 can be replaced with any number ranging from 0 to any number depending on the object type. For the wooden plank only 1 can be used to texture it all. This can vary from object to object.

Like already mentioned, those numbers mean a position of the object

Firstly lets try out with 0 and see what happens to the object:

BOOM surprise!!

That means 0 position is outside the tube

Let's try 1:

It turned the inner part green! That means 1 is the inside position of the tube. Some objects can have more positions from 0-how much ever positions there are so watch out.
      Of course don't use texture that make it look a 9 year old minecraft server with colourful, eye hurting textures. Use ones that look suitable for its environment. Take your time at looking for textures in the link above - there are many good ones that just go unnoticed.

Of course there are disadvantages of using textures such as lag for people with lower end PC's however many object sets and event maps are spoma based so I don't see a huge issue in making this a spoma based minigame.

I guarantee you that adding textures will make this map look so much more better and attractive.

Directional Arrows

I know that around your map you have added green arrows pointing to the direction you are supposed to go but at some points it gets confusing and I do not know where to go.

For example, at the start I see absolutely no directional help and assume I need to go in 1 direction but I end up jumping off the map and going to the wrong place. You feel me? So you know...just make it more clear and it should enhance the usability of the map slightly more.

Block Offs

Talking about going off the map, I saw this quite a lot, I think you should restrict the player from going off too off bounds. Right now he can get off the boundaries of the map but not get back up rather than having himself killed and respawned there. So I suggest:
      • Either add in huge run ways barricading the perimeter
      • Add stairs around the perimeter leading back to the tops

This way, usability of the map will also increase by a bit more too and will be more User-friendly I guess you could call it. Also if you are adding stairs around the perimeter make it more obvious that there are actually ways of getting back up to the course, you get what I mean?

Hope these suggestions help you in improving your neat looking map!

Regards Eliteus
      Last edited by Eliteus; 25-08-16, 09:28 AM.
      Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Absolutely love your feedback, Eliteus.
        I'm gonna try and make different versions, using different textures. It's gonna take me some time, but i HOPE it will look better after.

About the arrows. I think the best solution is to simply add more of them.

I tried to make it so that you wont get off the map whilist trying to make a jump. Obviously i did not focus on places which do not belong to the track you are supposed to follow, so i guess i should make some kind of invisible walls or something there as well. I thought about the runways myself as well while creating the map, but they seemed a bit too large. So if there is an object, which's one side is invisible, but isn't as huge as runway, i'd love someone to tell me about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel View Post
          Absolutely love your feedback, Eliteus.
          I'm gonna try and make different versions, using different textures. It's gonna take me some time, but i HOPE it will look better after.

About the arrows. I think the best solution is to simply add more of them.

I tried to make it so that you wont get off the map whilist trying to make a jump. Obviously i did not focus on places which do not belong to the track you are supposed to follow, so i guess i should make some kind of invisible walls or something there as well. I thought about the runways myself as well while creating the map, but they seemed a bit too large. So if there is an object, which's one side is invisible, but isn't as huge as runway, i'd love someone to tell me about it.

Hey Rebel,

Its a nice map for a grenade jump and i would like to add-on a point which will be useful in this map.
          Remember in single player when you are in grove street and if you take the bridge to LV or SF you will have invisible object which wont let you go past even if you use the cheatcode rocketman , so i started digging about the cpo ids which might come in handy on many maps for boundaries and looks legit rather than an inverted runway dont you think so finally i found the ids of them
          1.cpo id 4514
          small barricade with no entry written on it.see image

2. cpo id 4518
          big one, image

REMEMBER: even if it looks small , the invisible thingy is very high that it cannot be gone through , try it in server and you will see its not possible at all, so if u add this your pobs will look even more professional

Thanks!
          Last edited by Allen; 06-07-16, 04:57 AM.
          32958290000000000000000000928519859159000000000000 00000000003
          23523520000000241242142442521512512512510000000000 00000000236
          52352880000000744374734000000025642662747700000000 00000003252
          74734770000000523523677360000032523626426474700000 00000623632
          24124120000000353677336370000043612353263000000000 00000000363
          21412440000000352367889990000023523647500000000000 00000000035
          24141250000000000000000000000023523525000000000000 00000000000
          1.Highlight my signature
          2.Press Ctrl+F
          3.press 0

Comment

Map is really nice i like your mapping skills and your thinking about grenede event i hope we will have fun in this but i dont how to jump with grenedes.
            best of luck for this event

Comment

Originally posted by Allen View Post
              Hey Rebel,

Its a nice map for a grenade jump and i would like to add-on a point which will be useful in this map.
              Remember in single player when you are in grove street and if you take the bridge to LV or SF you will have invisible object which wont let you go past even if you use the cheatcode rocketman , so i started digging about the cpo ids which might come in handy on many maps for boundaries and looks legit rather than an inverted runway dont you think so finally i found the ids of them
              1.cpo id 4514
              small barricade with no entry written on it.see image

2. cpo id 4518
              big one, image

REMEMBER: even if it looks small , the invisible thingy is very high that it cannot be gone through , try it in server and you will see its not possible at all, so if u add this your pobs will look even more professional

Thanks!
              It's nice that you found these objects, but i don't really think they would fit in with the environment. Thanks anways.

Originally posted by ManofSteel View Post
              Map is really nice i like your mapping skills and your thinking about grenede event i hope we will have fun in this but i dont how to jump with grenedes.
              best of luck for this event
              Thanks man.

Comment

We can include grenade jumps in the new Challenge system which will come in the next GamerX update. I will add a feature to enable or disable godmode in challenges so your map will be perfect in this system

Comment

Okay so i edited the objects a bit.
                  The original is now /lpos GrenadeJumpVol1
                  With updated textures /lpos GrenadeJumpVol2b
                  Last edited by Rebel; 06-07-16, 03:08 PM.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                  X