Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 5th collectible

Introduction

I suggest that we add a 5th collectible to GamerX. So far we have Cookies, Cakes, Icecreams, and Biscuits. All of which are used to trade in for weapons, but not only are they used for weapons, but also to be collected. Many players don't spend their cookies on rockets, and instead prefer to use them as a way of collecting them. Cookies being collectible gives them a certain value, but since so many people have cookies and cakes now days, they aren't considered as valuable as they once was perhaps.

This is why I am suggesting that we add a 5th collectible to GamerX, so that we have another item which can be collected and considered valuable and desirable to obtain.

Why a new collectible?

As previously mentioned, cookies and cakes have become so vast in numbers (most players have thousands of cookies) that they've lost value slightly, or at least that's what it seems like from my perspective. People no longer care as much about cookies or cakes or money when it is offered as a prize for a special event, since it's so easily obtainable just by doing virtually nothing. People have suggested stat resets on numerous occasions in the past, and though there are probably a number of reasons for this suggestion, I think one of the reasons was probably to add a bit of value back to collecting cookies and cakes.

The suggestions about stat resets was never accepted by management, and for good reason I guess, as people would not like to lose all there stats that they've worked so hard to build up over their years of playing. So how else could we add value back into collectibles? Well, adding a new collectible could be just the solution! Everyone will start off at 0, and as long as the new collectible isn't given out too frequently by admins, it should be able to retain it's value as it could be fairly hard to obtain (whilst still being achievable of course).

Why any collectibles?

Collectible items are in most games, and it's considered as a way of adding a bit of 'continuity' to the game. If a player has something to strive towards (a goal or challenge of some sort) then they are more likely to continue playing the game in order to achieve that goal/challenge/target. Collecting items is a great challenge for players, since it is a way of competing against other players to obtain as many of the collectible item as possible. With a new collectible, players will once again have something to try hard to obtain lots of and to become the top player (with most of the collectible item).

So what should the collectible be?

We have Cookies, Cakes, Icecreams, and Biscuits, so to be consistant with GamerX, the new collectible would likely be something like 'Candy' or 'Lollipop', a "food treat" of some sort. All suggestions are welcome in the comments of what the new collectible item should be named!

What item should be tradeable with the new collectible?

Cookies can be exchanged for rockets, some other collectible (can't remember which ones for which weapons) can be exchanged for flame throwers, grenades, and snipers. So naturally, the new collectible item should also be tradeable for a weapon, just in case people were to prefer weapons over collecting the item. I have created a poll for this thread, which suggests a few weapons which could be tradeable for the collectible, so please vote!

Why have you suggested this?

A number of reasons, but one of the main reasons being that I like the concept of having Cookies, Cakes, Icecreams, and Biscuits, but I feel like they have no ingame value anymore (same with money), so, the addition of a new collectible could add a bit of excitement to collecting these treats again! We've had the same 4 collectibles in GamerX since the servers creation (as far as I'm aware, please correct me if I'm wrong), so adding a 5th exciting new collectible ingame would also provide a fresh new feeling to the server (I hope), and stop things becoming stagnant (I'm not implying GamerX is becoming stagnant!).

I also suggested it, since it will also help events and other things which give prizes. When someone creates an event (via the forum, not /event, though that applies too I guess), they want to give out prizes to the winner of the event, but no one cares about cookies much. With the addition of a new collectible, maybe people will be more inclined to take part in events and win prizes. I am implementing a 'challenge system' within my GST (GamerX Stats Tracker) website, and having a prize that players care about will also help that, similar to the events.
    Molotov
    72.73%
    Combat shotgun
    6.06%
    Sticky bomb/satchel charge
    15.15%
    Country rifle
    0.00%
    Other
    6.06%

Well, every sweet in specific is used to create a weapon, they are not coletables as you quoted, I mean, the purpose of the candy's not being collected, but rather to be used as a weapon.
    It was created a new candy, lollipop for example, which weapon he could create? a molotov?
    I already commented about this to other players, some liked this idea, others said that the existing candy are enough.

Seems like a good suggestion to my view.

Cookies = Rockets
    Cakes = Snipers
    Biscuits = flamer
    Icecream = grenades
    Lollipop = Molotov

Comment

I suggest we reset all cookies, cakes, biscuits and ice creams and start from scratch. And this time, admins would be restricted from using /setcookies. Would be much better imo :/

Comment

Originally posted by Jafri View Post
        I suggest we reset all cookies, cakes, biscuits and ice creams and start from scratch. And this time, admins would be restricted from using /setcookies. Would be much better imo :/

Well, You could start resetting ur own cakes/cookies/icecream/biscuits. You know what I'm talking about, give the example.

Comment

Originally posted by Gengar View Post

Well, You could start resetting ur own cakes/cookies/icecream/biscuits. You know what I'm talking about, give the example.
          I have no idea what you're talking about. And I have never once set my cookies, cakes, biscuits or such unless to 0 (which I do every so often). Every statistic you see on my account is earned by me, not set.

Comment

What I mean is: If you that the admins reset in all cookie/cakes/icecream/biscuits
            You should start resetting your own

Comment

I told you... I've reset mine countless times. I'm suggesting the developers/managements reset it entirely for everyone so that it could be fair and we could all start from scratch and actually have them mean something instead of having another item...

Comment

Well, reset all the candy would lead to a new reward system.

I mean, all admins would be obliged to give: (cookies/cakes/icecream/biscuits/and the possible new candy)to a player for :reports, helping the players,contribution to the server (creating maps of events/races/challenges/as has been well said by the @DiscolouredFrog).
                Last edited by GenGar; 07-11-16, 10:35 PM.

Comment

@topic: I'm too lazy to read this big thread suggestion.
                  Offtopic: Jafri and Gengar , noobs use the Edit Button <3 thanks

Comment

What I mean is: If you that the admins reset in all cookie/cakes/icecream/biscuits
                    You should start resetting your own
                    Dude, there's no point for him to reset it now, if he resets it today he'll have 30 by tomorrow. Should he reset it again, every single day? And yes, I know for a fact that Jafri resets his cookies from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnedgrass View Post
                      Dude, there's no point for him to reset it now, if he resets it today he'll have 30 by tomorrow. Should he reset it again, every single day? And yes, I know for a fact that Jafri resets his cookies from time to time.
                      The jafri has given me a reply
                      I don't see why you're taking his pain

Comment

Reseting is not a bit unfair for players that have never got their stats setted?

And in topic, I support, someone suggested the 5th being "Pizza" a long ago. And I support molotov. You can get Country Rifle in /sc and Combat Shotgun in ammo and in police class (also /sc ofc). Satchel can get bugged in the sync with server and other players what may lead to misunderstandings. Molotov is the perfect option for me

Comment

The jafri has given me a reply
                          I don't see why you're taking his pain
                          You seem really arrogant, maybe that's what lead you to your demotion.

Believe it or not, this is a discussion forum, and I think that Jafri left things out in his explanation.

Anyways, back on topic since, can't really be against this suggestion, I think that there have been previous suggestions for this but for some reason they never got accepted. If everything got reset + new treat added it would probably make the game more interesting for players, since they would competitively hunt for these. I voted for satchel but I regret my vote, since they'd be super annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacific View Post
                            Reseting is not a bit unfair for players that have never got their stats setted?

And in topic, I support, someone suggested the 5th being "Pizza" a long ago. And I support molotov. You can get Country Rifle in /sc and Combat Shotgun in ammo and in police class (also /sc ofc). Satchel can get bugged in the sync with server and other players what may lead to misunderstandings. Molotov is the perfect option for me
                            Yes , I agree with you , Molotov is the better weapon if it would be added as 5th weap (cmd /candy or /pizza)
                            I Like this suggestion , but idk i think they'll not change this part.
                            Last edited by mind; 07-11-16, 11:58 PM.

Comment

I support the suggestion which DiscolouredFrog made. It's great to have something completely new to the server and where everyone has to start from zero. Also I agree on Jafris suggestion, including the prohibition of setting statistics as an admin to get better than other players.

The admin team has already been talking about a complete reset of the goodies (cookies/cakes) etc. I can tell you that it was a really long discussion with really different opinions. Yet we agreed on doing it. We just need a permission by Matite and everyone of you. It's your stuff and you're the one who have to be asked as first before we touch any of your stats. You are free to start a poll for the community in another thread what everyone is actually thinking about it..
                              * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): thanks sir for rejecting my TP application
                              * PM from Vishwajit_king (ID:74) to Left (ID:31): sir i love admins like u

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X