Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privacy!

Problem:

On IRC there's absolutely no privacy at all. Reason being you can read others pms (IRC pms) which at times can be really personal (I decided to post after seeing myself the private stuff people talk about. Not only is pms the problem but so is the event team chat very revealing! If a team is planning something in CTF, or Seige- their plan can easily be tackled by viewing their chat in irc. Maybe this is the way IRC's work however..

Suggestion:

If possible, make irc pms private and add a function ingame to pm to players in IRC. Also make the event chat more private.

If not the pm suggestion at least accept the event team chat privacy. It should be possible.
    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

OMFG I just agree totally with this suggestion. Sometimes I need to have some private conversations with someone then the person has to go to IRC or I have to go ingame and this may be annoying for some players.

A system to allow us to sent a private message to the person in IRC will be very good. I suggest /pmirc name message = /pmi name message, but the name has to be written totally correct as the player is using in IRC, this will be send to private of the player (Like when two people are talking both in IRC).

About the team chat in IRC, I'm neutral about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Northwest View Post
      OMFG I just agree totally with this suggestion. Sometimes I need to have some private conversations with someone then the person has to go to IRC or I have to go ingame and this may be annoying for some players.

A system to allow us to sent a private message to the person in IRC will be very good. I suggest /pmirc name message = /pmi name message, but the name has to be written totally correct as the player is using in IRC, this will be send to private of the player (Like when two people are talking both in IRC).

About the team chat in IRC, I'm neutral about it...
      Maybe give the IRC guests a primary key (An id) so that you don't need to write their name out everytime. Thanks
      Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Sorry IRC can't really be made to send PMs in game and back privately. If you have something personal to say then use facebook or other means?

Comment

The person ingame cannot pm back into irc they can only use :message so likeI said if possible add this in just for some privacy.

Well Nate, how about concealing the team chat?

Comment

Originally posted by Elite
            If a team is planning something in CTF, or Seige- their plan can easily be tackled by viewing their chat in irc.
            Pretty sure no one would waste a few seconds just to go to IRC and stalk the other team chat... eventhough it happens, it's still pointless (kind of) imo.

Comment

Originally posted by CasHewZ View Post
              Pretty sure no one would waste a few seconds just to go to IRC and stalk the other team chat... eventhough it happens, it's still pointless (kind of) imo.
              Although it rarely happens but it annoys the other team.

Comment

Like Cashewz said no one would waste their time to go to IRC and stalk the other teams chat, and even if that happens, 99.99% of all ctf/siege games the teams arent really planning anything that will effect the other teams, and since ctf events wont end until someone captures the flags people just enter those events to farm kills. imo i dont think its worth making any changes in IRC

Comment

Plus, have a look on /disclaimer commands.
                  sorry for bumping
                  KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                  X