X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA V PC Full Graphics Options Revealed/Hands On previews/New Screenshots

http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-pc-grap...tions-in-full/

We've seen GTA 5 running at 4k resolution at 60fps, and it's glorious. You'll need a mega-rig to get that smooth performance at such a high resolution, but at 1080p, it ought to be easier, especially considering the number of graphics options you can tweak to keep framerates smooth. It's nice to see motion blur and depth of field options in there, and for anyone that really wants to push, there are advanced options for distance scaling, anti-aliased reflections and advanced soft shadowing.

Video memory slider: shows you how much video memory is being used in MB.

Ignore suggested limits option: game detects your setup automatically, but you can push your system further if you like.

Options for screen type, aspect ratio and refresh rate.

DirectX Version Output monitor: 1-3

Anti-aliasing: FXAA, MSAA and Nvidia TXAA supported.

Pause game on focus loss.

Scaling bars for population density, population variety and distance scaling.

Texture quality: normal to very high.
    Shader quality: normal to very high.
    Shadow quality: normal to very high.
    Reflection quality: normal to very high.

Reflection MSAA

Water quality: normal to very high.
    Particles quality: normal to very high.
    Grass quality: normal to very high.
    Soft shadows options: softer, softest, AMD CHS, Nvidia PCSS
    Post FX options: up to ultra.
    Motion blur strength: scaling bar.
    In-game depth of field effects: on/off.
    Anisotropic filtering: up to x16
    Ambient occlusion options.
    Tesellation options

Advanced graphics

Long shadows: on/off.
    High resolution shadows: on/off.
    High detail streaming while flying: on/off.
    Extended distance scaling bar.
    Extended shadow distance bar.
    Benchmark testing.

Plus, here's a glimpse of GTA 5 PC's control options. Mmm, raw mouse input.

Also:

''Why GTA 5 PC is the definitive version of Rockstar's epic'' PC Gamer hands on with GTA V for PC

There's no doubt some skepticism based on some past ports of Rockstar games, like GTA 4, and the ongoing, slightly heartbreaking absence of Red Dead Redemption on PC might make you wonder how much the publisher values the platform next to consoles. Max Payne 3 was a vast improvement, though, and I see no reason to be concerned with GTA 5 either—this port looks incredible and I swore a hell of a lot (in a good way) at the gorgeous skylines during my hands-on. This is a handsome game.
    I was shown the game in 4K resolution running at 60fps. The PC Rockstar was demoing it on is outside the price range of most consumers, with an i7 5930k@3.50GHz, SLI GTX 980, 32GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD, but that’s just to show off how pretty it can look. Rockstar says that even average rigs won’t have a problem getting great 1080p performance out of the game, which is encouraging. Scalability is a priority for them.

But thats not all...

IGN - HANDS-ON WITH GTA 5 ON PC AT 4K

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...-5-on-pc-at-4k

The PC version featured working trains and the PlayStation version didn’t.

That was it, really. But I wanted to ride that train, and I couldn’t in the PlayStation version. The PlayStation port of the original Grand Theft Auto was a brilliant game way back in 1997, but it wasn’t as brilliant as its big brother on PC. As usual, the latter could do just that little bit more. Push that little bit further. It was something my jerk mate pointed out with clockwork regularity.

Back then it was a largely inessential and surprisingly fragile 2D train. Today, it’s a fair bit more.

GameSpot - What New Things Should You Expect in GTA V PC?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wha.../1100-6426472/

The team has taken some extra time to finish the game for PCs. What areas were you focusing on most?

Rockstar North: Our focus was to make the game run well on a wide range of hardware so that as many people could experience the game as possible. In order to do that we spent a lot of time working on making various different aspects of the game scalable and accessible to the player. There are over 25 parameters you can tweak that can optimize graphics and performance. The game will automatically optimize the settings for your hardware when you first start it up, but you have a great deal of freedom.

The Rockstar editor is another huge addition that required opening up large parts of the game for manipulation by the player, and separate from that we had to pay specific attention to keyboard and mouse controls across all of the various gameplay mechanics and also to making everything play and feel right at 60fps.

GameInformer - Five Reasons Why The PC Version Could Be The Best GTA V Edition

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...v-edition.aspx

After nineteen months, two console launches, and 45 million units shipped, the latest entry to Rockstar’s flagship franchise is finally coming to PC. When Grand Theft Auto V arrives on the largest platform April 14, it won’t be a half-baked port devoid of new features. Rockstar’s core team has spent the last several months making sure the game leverages the increased power and flexibility afforded by the ever-evolving platform. Here are five reasons why PC players should be excited for its arrival.

One of them...

Director Mode

For the truly ambitious virtual filmmakers, Grand Theft Auto V offers the Director mode. This suite of tools used alongside the Rockstar Editor allows players to set up their own scenes, placing characters, pedestrians, and animals wherever in the world they want. Once you have your scene outlined, you can tweak the mood by altering the weather, wanted status, time of day, and pedestrian/traffic density. After your scene is established, the mode gives you the option to trigger various gestures and character-specific dialogue clips to play out your ad hoc vignette.

All the new Screenshot in one album (all in 4k)
    https://imgur.com/a/8elw3

PC copy:

Contains 7 discs, a map and a manual.

Last edited by Jon2_Kill155; 08-04-15, 04:32 PM.

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. –John Lennon

Comment

• wow nice 4gb of video ram in use at everything at Very High and 4k. I wonder how much vram @1600x900 with medium. I guess same as Watch dogs ( I guess between 800mb~1,2GB vram it does use here for gta v ).

Atleast i hope that the store does have it in stock when i'm getting one ( Between the school hours )
      Last edited by daan_deurloo; 08-04-15, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• R* is really going all out with this!!! HOLY SHIT

Comment

• Atleast with 7 dvd's, probably Double layer ( 8.5GB each ). I really recommend to make an iso of these disks, because someone from my school told me that it will take atleast 3 hours of installation time. ( He has gta 5 on ps3 i believe )

Comment

• My internet kinda sucks so it will take me 3-4 days :'(

Comment

• the gta 5 is the best game in grand theft auto series, but what will be next for them is it the end of gta games ? because i don't there will be some mistakes in gta 5 so they can make gta 6 and those mistakes will be fixed,because they just put everything in this game, or they will try to add more cities and countries, what you guys think will this be the last gta game?
              Last edited by Instant; 17-12-16, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instant View Post
                the gta 5 is the best game in grand theft auto series, but what will be next for them is it the end of gta games ? because i don't there will be some mistakes in gta 5 so they can make gta 6 and those mistakes will be fixed,because they just put everything in this game, or they will try to add more cities and countries, what you guys think will this be the last gta game?
                "the gta 5 is the best game in grand theft auto series"
                how can you be so sure? its not even out on pc yet, we dont know how the mod support is going to be, either they care for the community and support mods or they will be jews and put drm or what not on everything.
                Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fat_Lobster/

Comment

• Maybe he has it on the PS3/PS4 or the xbox eh ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Instant View Post
                    the gta 5 is the best game in grand theft auto series, but what will be next for them is it the end of gta games ? because i don't there will be some mistakes in gta 5 so they can make gta 6 and those mistakes will be fixed,because they just put everything in this game, or they will try to add more cities and countries, what you guys think will this be the last gta game?
                    Call of Duty still the same shit every year and people still buying.

GTA is developed on over 5 years and there is always something to add it in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathBeatZ View Post

GTA is developed on over 5 years and there is always something to add it in the game.
                      Yea you're right about that,Good Point.

Originally posted by daan_deurloo View Post
                      Maybe he has it on the PS3/PS4 or the xbox eh ?
                      I played it on my friend's xbox,Totally Amazing Game.

EDIT:
                      Originally posted by Anondized View Post
                      "the gta 5 is the best game in grand theft auto series"
                      how can you be so sure? its not even out on pc yet, we dont know how the mod support is going to be, either they care for the community and support mods or they will be jews and put drm or what not on everything.
                      DUH! who said i am sure? if i am sure then i will probably announce that but if you read my previous post you will find that i am not trying to announce i am asking from others i am not sure that's why.
                      Last edited by Instant; 08-04-15, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wha.../1100-6426472/

i just watched this interview about the movie maker thing or wahtever they call it. tbh i didnt have much hopes but this is just so low. maybe the interview is shit (they way they describe it) but i think its going to be even more shit than a hackcam with a balltrack mouse. its like few stock presets, still gonna be better than all those samp frag movies, but VERY limiting if you actually want to make sometihng good.
                        Last edited by Anondized; 08-04-15, 08:51 PM.
                        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fat_Lobster/

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathBeatZ View Post

of course there is always something new to add it example aliens and other planets xdxdxd but the probleme it's more size -_-

Comment

• Just wanted to inform you guys about something.

If you bought the game on Steam, make sure you'll actually have 120gb free space on your hdd/ssd.
                            I found this information on reddit today, not sure if we can trust it, but it's better prevent later deceptions of having to quickly delete things before going to start playing on the release day.

Here's the explanation i found:

When a game on steam preloads, rather than downloads the files like the Rockstar Warhouse system does it, it downloads archives(like a zip/rar).

When the game releases and it can finally be run, Steam then goes and extracts those archives from depotcache folder into the normal 'common' folder. You can more or less treat the preload files like 'installation files'.

You will need a lot of free space in order to extract the archive, because Steam will only remove the preload archive once it fully extracts it and confirms it went fine.

What this means, is if the preload is 60gb, you can assume you will need at least 120gb or so in order for the files to be extracted, checked and then Steam removes them, giving you back the space.

Comment

• For anyone having any doubts about GTA V's PC launch time:

https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport/...48154918645761

GTAV for PC will go live on April 14 at 12:00 AM GMT (In the US, this is Monday, April 13, at 7:00 PM ET, 4:00 PM PT)

Comment

• Rockstar Video Editor info

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/info/pc/editor

Create, edit and share videos of your Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online experiences with the Rockstar Editor.

The Rockstar Editor provides a robust suite of recording and editing tools – build a library of captured footage using Manual or Action Replay recording modes, add your clips to the Project Timeline, use Clip Edit mode for new camera angles and fine edits, and bring your project to life. Upload your polished product to YouTube and the Rockstar Games Social Club to share with your friends.

RECORDING GAMEPLAY

Record gameplay footage while on or off mission. Use Manual Recording mode for start and stop recording with the push of a button, or save your most recently played footage with the Action Replay feature.

DIRECTOR MODE

Stage your own scenes and create custom moments in Director Mode. Select from hundreds of GTAV Story Mode characters and citizens across Los Santos and Blaine County to play as in the game world, including animals. Set your location, time of day, weather and much more.

PROJECT TIMELINE

Use the Project Timeline to add, arrange, trim and string together multiple clips. In addition to providing a comprehensive visual of your clip sequence, the Project Timeline lets you preview your clips in full screen, add text and select from a collection of music from GTAV radio stations. Create drama by laying GTAV score tracks over your action – switch between five levels of score intensity to seamlessly change the pace of a scene.

CLIP EDIT MODE

Bring your project to life with a deep array of editing options, featuring multiple camera modes including a free camera mode that allows you to move, position, and blend multiple cameras around your scene, camera shake effects, depth of field effects, camera filters, audio mix adjustments, and more.

VIEW AND SHARE

When you’re finished with your project, save PC videos to your Video Gallery and then share them directly to your YouTube and Rockstar Games Social Club accounts.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                                X