Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post

And so the player map icon... every player can see each other player... and they can know if someone is chasing they just need to run and hide again... So then it's useless feature?

Also if you guys are talking about events run for hours, then its completely different to talking players about camping... You can just ask admin to take care of it.

Let me tell you also what can make event run for hours: teaming.

oh waiit... /tr to find campers + teaming... best tool to help people to ruin the event.
    guess you dont got the point of my suggestion

My suggestion is simple

Lets be clear with the positives and negatives points

Positives :

1-We can spot possible hacks in the events using the /track to see the distance, cuz i cant beg to another player do /spec to give me the location of the a player in event (Its againts the rules).

Some events Like HG dont show the nickname of the player, so the correct way is type /pe and check all IDs one-by-one (Discarding some that would possibly be clean)so after get a ID, with /tr, would be easy to find and check ,and of course, report.

2-In some maps exist a lot of bugs and holes where a player can fell and be teleported to another área (If they fell in the Limbo)
    I know a lot of events where we can escape from the map limits (i have created 2 events maps with this kind of problem and wasnot made by purpose).
    A example is the "GroveWar" Last Man Standing created by me, where is possible to escape from the map and Camp outside of the map.
    with /pe we can see if the player remain in the event, but if the player escaped and is now walking around Los Santos? how i gonna check? (repeating: i cant beg to another player do /spec to give me the location of a player inside of the event (Its againts the rules).
    And another map os LMS (MousyWar) there is a bug to you get inside of a rock and camp there without be noticed. a player would hide there and go drink a coffee or buy a pizza while others players try to find him just using the luck..(and its not allowed, we cant abuse of bugs that may exist in events)
    So with /tr woulb be easy to find the bug-abuser to report him.

Possible Negative Points:

1-Would not be easy to camp since you and me would be easilly found by others players-

Comment

Originally posted by Gengar View Post

guess you dont got the point of my suggestion
      More like you are the one who don't know event system much...

Up to Rick , i've done explaining, i found it unclear when you first want to find camper, then you mention about pro and noob thing, then you want to find cheater after i mentioned about it, then you mention about bug after i mention about specific map problems. I don't know if Rick want to make event system to make the players to find cheaters or rulebreakers (1), or making the "ProPlayers" vs "Noob" thing (2), or to let it have issues so players can hunt to report it (3), OR they want them to have fun there... (4) Sorry i still can't agree with your inconsistency...

Design-purpose matter, imagine the /tr is very important for your explained case (showing how weak your reason), so that they will be made as guide in the event help dialog:
      (1) Welcome to event, in this event you have to find cheaters and rulebreakers then you report them to admins, Tip: use /pe to get list players and /tr to get distance (so you be admin like!), good luck!
      (2) Welcome to this event, if you are noob, you are probably need time to read this guide while the pro players already ready to catch you with /tr... do you know what is /tr ?? Well we'll explain it after we explain this map...
      (3) Welcome to this event, if you find bugs, /tr is handy as /sp is not allowed, as soon you found the issues, you report it and win!
      (4) Welcome to this event, you have to find and kill other players but you must survive in order to win, good luck & have fun!

That "survive" word implies the player objective to stay alive by running, hiding, camping etc, and it's part of challenge to "find" the other players, thus make the event makes sense to take place. Otherwise, player would just need to fight outside event. If your event map has issues, but not other maps, then it was a poorly-made map, once i tried to make standard for event maps but it's just not going to let map markers to think to make unique maps. However i do use those "standards" as consideration to pick on event map rotations to make sure no abnormal map. If map markers finds the feature useless, then it's not the event system fault, it's just not right choice of event type... Let me tell you example, when making that PTP Event map, as you see it wont be 100% perfect but i tried with any possible event type from lms, lss, ctf, siege, and the finally TDM as it best matched with the event rule, i don't blame or suggest another feature to make it happen, but i regret that i made a poor map for lms,lss,ctf,siege for event scenario that didn't even similar much, i do try fix it alot and even delete them, switching and keep testing, it's all the key to make good map. Then it'll just gonna end up as another idea of Event Type... not to fix it by depending on an external feature like /tr distance and with irrelevant reason to find cheaters. When i tested the event map for ptp event, its just give me more headache to depend on external admin commands like force invite the player and put the player in spawn manually (which that time took 2 hours until i decide to just change the event type)... those commands were just actually bad idea, since they are not made for that purpose.

Here is link to report specific event map issues:
      http://forum.gamerxserver.com/forum/...-freeroam-here

Here is link to report a player rulebreaking when admins are not available ingame:
      http://forum.gamerxserver.com/forum/...player-reports
      Last edited by Robo; 05-05-17, 04:21 PM.
      KVIrc User

Comment

Robo_N1X , merits of adding /tr were clearly explained by Gengar and me. You struggled to provide demerits.
        Like in most of the cases, you aren't clear even over here. Robo understand what this suggestion is. You're going so off track. Exaggerating a simple suggestion.

Pro tip - writing essays doesn't prove stuffs, lol.

Comment

It's not called exaggerating, it's called looking at every possibility to determine why should this be added and what it will be if it's added or not. You will need a rational quantified value between those possibility. Based on my arguments it's just nearly less than 20% this is necessary and quite about 80% not necessary. You are here expecting me to prove stuff 100%, which i never guaranteed, as i said it's up to Rick which makes it 80%.
          Last edited by Robo; 06-05-17, 04:31 AM.
          KVIrc User

Comment

This kind of feature was in gamerx before the last update, so my suggestion is make a exception in events, like before the update, the server gonna be the same, the events gonna still the same as before the last update

You said it in one of your comments:

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post

More like you are the one who don't know event system much...

Up to Rick , i've done explaining, i found it unclear when you first want to find camper, then you mention about pro and noob thing, then you want to find cheater after i mentioned about it, then you mention about bug after i mention about specific map problems. I don't know if Rick want to make event system to make the players to find cheaters or rulebreakers (1), or making the "ProPlayers" vs "Noob" thing (2), or to let it have issues so players can hunt to report it (3), OR they want them to have fun there... (4) Sorry i still can't agree with your inconsistency...

Design-purpose matter, imagine the /tr is very important for your explained case (showing how weak your reason), so that they will be made as guide in the event help dialog:
            (1) Welcome to event, in this event you have to find cheaters and rulebreakers then you report them to admins, Tip: use /pe to get list players and /tr to get distance (so you be admin like!), good luck!
            (2) Welcome to this event, if you are noob, you are probably need time to read this guide while the pro players already ready to catch you with /tr... do you know what is /tr ?? Well we'll explain it after we explain this map...
            (3) Welcome to this event, if you find bugs, /tr is handy as /sp is not allowed, as soon you found the issues, you report it and win!
            (4) Welcome to this event, you have to find and kill other players but you must survive in order to win, good luck & have fun!
            I heard by others admins he reason why (/tr) to check the distance was removed.they said that some hackers were using it to see if any admins were watching them. (specing).

Nowadays, most hackers who play gamerx are 80/100 new players on the server, I mean, they are not familiar with the commands or they do not know any commands.
            In one of your comments you say that new players do not know the command (/tr) or do not know that could be used to check the distance between 2 players (himself and another player).

As I said, most hackers nowadays are new players in gamerx, meaning they do not even know the use of (/tr)
            So the reason why this command was removed,sing your own words, is inconsistente.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
            X