any car in a race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any car in a race

pretty much every race is with an infernus it gets boring after a while, can we get other cars in races too? like the player can choose any car they like. this would add much more fun to races, with the only exception being those long highway "races" where everyone thinks they are in a fucking fast & furious movie but in reality best pc wins. i cant stand driving the fucking infernus, it turns like an oil tanker and if you spin it thats game over pretty much.
    I used to be the only lvl1 player with speed boost 3 on the server. then robo came...

No, it needs to be fair. Different cars have differents stats such as speed, weight etc. If you have trouble turning slow down when you drift on different turns with nitro boost on.
    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
      No, it needs to be fair. Different cars have differents stats such as speed, weight etc. If you have trouble turning slow down when you drift on different turns with nitro boost on.
      thats the whole point, you will can try to find the best car for the particular race. if you chose a shitty car, well too bad try a different one next time. its perfectly fair if everyone can choose any car they like, noone is forcing you to use infernus or elegy for example.
      I used to be the only lvl1 player with speed boost 3 on the server. then robo came...

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Lobster View Post
        thats the whole point, you will can try to find the best car for the particular race. if you chose a shitty car, well too bad try a different one next time. its perfectly fair if everyone can choose any car they like, noone is forcing you to use infernus or elegy for example.
        The particular races already have the best choice of vehicles such as off road vehicles for off road tracks etc. What do you mean
        if you chose a shitty car, well too bad try a different one next time.
        That right there is unfair, it isn't "perfectly" fair because of a stupid choice you made. I think the system of all players having the same vehicle, same nitro is more fair. If you want to race with a particular vehicle ask an admin to load a race with that particular vehicle or you may record your own race, post it here:
        http://gamerxserver.com/forum/showth...race-event-map
        Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Thats why the command /race exists. Just need to be updated to have more options of races and more options of cars

Comment

pretty much every race is with an infernus it gets boring after a while, can we get other cars in races too? like the player can choose any car they like. this would add much more fun to races, with the only exception being those long highway "races" where everyone thinks they are in a fucking fast & furious movie but in reality best pc wins. i cant stand driving the fucking infernus, it turns like an oil tanker and if you spin it thats game over pretty much.
            No, it won't be fair.
            PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

<@GX-07> [14] Legend27: nick is indonessian

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
              The particular races already have the best choice of vehicles such as off road vehicles for off road tracks etc.
              http://gamerxserver.com/forum/showth...race-event-map
              if thats true then use infernus whenever you want to go for a record or just be first. other people can have fun in different cars while trying to keep up with the leaders. most races favour straight line speed and there are only a handful with actual conners and technical sections, so i believe it wouldnt be unbalanced, on those slow tracks you could experiment with other cars.

see it more as the infernus being the standard car with the option to drive a different car or a bike. would the other cars be at an disadvantage? yes. but its their choice to use those cars. you dont need to be a genius to figure out after a race or two that the infernus remains the fastest car. if they want to finish first they will use infernus.

this doesnt need to be applied to all races, just a few at the start to see how it turns out. i really dont see how this is a bad thing.

Comment

I think you are stubborn and you don't accept our point of view. Infernus > All cars . Everyone who knows to drive a infernus can win against all cars available !

RMS's youtube channel

Comment

...it's not a bad suggestion but you need to learn to accept others opinions too. We said it's not fair which you need to understand. If it's not fair, nubs will complain that someone had a better vehicle, then someone like you will say it's the nubs fault for picking the wrong vehicle. This will trigger an immature and unnecessary argument. Please when you suggest something look into it properly such as its effect, benefits etc.

Comment

No, it won't be fair. the cars give advantage to sometimes :/

Comment

Originally posted by RMS View Post
                      Infernus > All cars . Everyone who knows to drive a infernus can win against all cars available !
                      That's not strictly true. Turismo and bullet can beat infernus in corners.

I think I may be the only one here who actually has raced with this system(people can spawn any car they want, infernus was disabled so had to choose different vehicle). It was good fun and I would like this challenge again, however, I think that I may be only one (or just very few people) who shares this opinion.

"Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows."(Walter Röhrl)

Comment

This already exists as an admin can set a 'recommended' vehicle for a race (you can spawn a different vehicle) instead of a required vehicle. Seems the feature is almost never used though.

As Jobu said, some different cars can be competitive (e.g. some cars are better in corners but not as fast) so it would be cool to see it more I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                          This already exists as an admin can set a 'recommended' vehicle for a race (you can spawn a different vehicle) instead of a required vehicle. Seems the feature is almost never used though.

As Jobu said, some different cars can be competitive (e.g. some cars are better in corners but not as fast) so it would be cool to see it more I reckon.
                          No, i think this feature has been updated mistakenly and without the old developer noticed it, It was a change made by Ez that later got followed by next developer, Rick, Matite. But i'm not sure why this, i just find it strange, perhaps it's a bug that they didn't notice, still i don't know much.
                          If you tried to set the vehicle with recommended parameter, still that when you are in race will NOT BE ABLE to spawn with another car. So i think this is a bug, not a suggestion.
                          And yes it's also kinda fun to race with any car that player wish, i'm one of that person jobu. And it is not matter with fair/unfair, admins can always set the specific race to have only one car or any car.

+1 for this suggestion/bug fix.

People that disagreed on this suggestions didn't know that GamerX allowed this on old times.
                          Last edited by Robo; 14-01-16, 12:38 PM.
                          KVIrc User

Comment

this idea is very bad. and why you don't like Infernus? it's the fastest car in San Andreas. as Eliteus said.
                            Different vehicles has different status.
                            So anyone use Infernus can win on all other cars. and it can be abused. some players would spawn Hydra and more plans to be more fast than infernus! -1
                            Stay low, Go fast.
                            Kill first, Die last.
                            One shot, One kill
                            No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

alright, im pretty sure all points have been made. some people want more fun non-serious races, while others want 100% fair playing ground for tryharding. I think it would be interesting if this was implemented for testing. if the smart scripting people have time to add this im sure there would be a lot of new fun races. those vietnamese bikers would be able to race against cars too, and with custom object races, maybe even a balanced track using shortcuts for bikes where cars cant fit.
                              contact: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fat_Lobster/

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                              X