pm admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeason View Post
    really good suggestion +1 it wont be abused even if a player tries to ask help again he need admin reply first then he can send another help message
    Actually, it can be abused if the player sends a whole load of spam about a report that hasn't been responded to or if they really want cookies. I do know admins can simply ignore this however it can get super annoying if a nub uses it, not to ask questions but to in fact spam a bunch of bull!$it! I think PM'ing admins is fine. Here's a scenario:
    5 or less admins online?
    Stop being lazy and PM them
    More than 5?
    There's always a TP on, ask him to ask via TP chat where admins and TP's usually hang out. Also another alternative is to ask a TP whether an admin is active on TP chat as sometimes admins will be chatting about in TP chat not paying attention to the global chat. If you ask on global chat for an admin and a registered player responds saying "PM" tell them there's too many admins to PM and you don't know which one is afk. If a TP responds, ask him, like I said earlier, if there's an admin on TP chat and if an admin himself responds dingdingding you have successfully called an admin!

A suggestion that could be added:
    When a player presses "esc" to pause it automatically sets them to afk. Not only that, but soon after, when a player types in /admins, in the list it should say for example:
    The Following Admin(s) Are Currently Online:

remi (ID 43) Level 8 - AFK
    Blackbird (ID 69) Level 6 - Active
    Matite (ID 205) Level 10 - AFK
    LorSimon[morocco] (ID 21) Level 8 - Active

4 Admins Online (admins also watch from IRC)
    So pressing esc will automatically trigger afk on.
    Hope this suggestion is accepted
    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
      The Following Admin(s) Are Currently Online:

remi (ID 43) Level 8 - AFK
      Blackbird (ID 69) Level 6 - Active
      Matite (ID 205) Level 10 - AFK
      LorSimon[morocco] (ID 21) Level 8 - Active

4 Admins Online (admins also watch from IRC)
      So pressing esc will automatically trigger afk on.
      Hope this suggestion is accepted
      stop being lazy and pm them to see if the are afk then. just as you said above.

More than 5?
      There's always a TP on, ask him to ask via TP chat where admins and TP's usually hang out. Also another alternative is to ask a TP whether an admin is active on TP chat as sometimes admins will be chatting about in TP chat not paying attention to the global chat. If you ask on global chat for an admin and a registered player responds saying "PM" tell them there's too many admins to PM and you don't know which one is afk. If a TP responds, ask him, like I said earlier, if there's an admin on TP chat and if an admin himself responds dingdingding you have successfully called an admin!
      thats 5 lines of text. do you see the problem? it could be just 1 command.

Actually, it can be abused if the player sends a whole load of spam about a report that hasn't been responded to or if they really want cookies.
      they can just mute him. people spam in the main chat as well. sure there might be a bit more spam in the PM admin thing, but after being muted they will probably think twice.
      I used to be the only lvl1 player with speed boost 3 on the server. then robo came...

Comment

Depends of the use of that command...
        If it's to request HP from admins.. no thank you
        If it's to ask a question where admins are not really needed there... no thank you
        If it's to ask something only an admin can do... yeah why not ;D
        ...Mi nuh waan nuh hyprocrits talk to mi, Mi nuh trust plastic smiles
        Waan see yuh dead n a smile inna backative style, talk dem do all di while...
        ...Nuff a dem tek life fi joke, Dem nuh know dem purposes
        Dem put diable before everything n blessing turn up surplus...

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Lobster View Post
          stop being lazy and pm them to see if the are afk then. just as you said above.

thats 5 lines of text. do you see the problem? it could be just 1 command.

they can just mute him. people spam in the main chat as well. sure there might be a bit more spam in the PM admin thing, but after being muted they will probably think twice.
          1) I suggested that for you lazy people. Don't like it? Ask this suggestion to be deleted then.
          2) You don't make sense at all. I said more than 5 admins, not more than 5 lines of text.
          3) Noobs never rethink twice. Nubs love spamming, I don't think you know enough to see how people carry on spamming despite being muted.
          Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

1) I suggested that for you lazy people. Don't like it? Ask this suggestion to be deleted then.
            2) You don't make sense at all. I said more than 5 admins, not more than 5 lines of text.
            3) Noobs never rethink twice. Nubs love spamming, I don't think you know enough to see how people carry on spamming despite being muted.
            @2) he meant 5 lines like this (daily normal conversations added with a touch of burnedGGGGG)
            1. player 1: ayy bruhhh can u slide dis message thru admin dm
            2. tp: aiigh fam imma see wat i can do 4 u
            3. tp: ay nigga admin whachu doin dere lil negga, my homie player 1 need dat favor (through tp chat)
            4. admin: aigh cuh im gon talk to him
            5. admin: player 1, i can do that for you

@3)Then why don't we remove every way of chatting to keep the noobs away from spamming? Blaming shit on noobs is just in the way of advancing the servers features.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnedgrass View Post
              @3)Then why don't we remove every way of chatting to keep the noobs away from spamming? Blaming shit on noobs is just in the way of advancing the servers features.
              Spamming normal players and TPs isn't an issue, spamming admins chat area can block off reports, pms that are from players in need for help or even admin chat where they may be discussing about a hacker.

Comment

Spamming normal players and TPs isn't an issue, spamming admins chat area can block off reports, pms that are from players in need for help or even admin chat where they may be discussing about a hacker.
                The only type of spammers that really can "annoy" people hardcore is those who spam through IRC or in-game with scripts. Those things are inavoidable and I doubt that having this command would make things worse. But by all means, if Admins feel like they would get spammed with a command like this, let them disable it just like the clan chat monitoring. But I know, if I was an Admin, I'd have this thing on.

EDIT: You're overdramatizing about the chat being blocked from Admins. There's a report box showing the two latest reports and also a command showing the 10 latest reports, IIRC. Also, the scroll was invented by a really jiggy and smart nigga.
                Last edited by Burnedgrass; 25-01-16, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnedgrass View Post
                  The only type of spammers that really can "annoy" people hardcore is those who spam through IRC or in-game with scripts. Those things are inavoidable and I doubt that having this command would make things worse. But by all means, if Admins feel like they would get spammed with a command like this, let them disable it just like the clan chat monitoring. But I know, if I was an Admin, I'd have this thing on.

EDIT: You're overdramatizing about the chat being blocked from Admins. There's a report box showing the two latest reports and also a command showing the 10 latest reports, IIRC. Also, the scroll was invented by a really jiggy and smart nigga.
                  Well when it comes to the suggestion there's a little more than just spam we need to think about and that is the usage of this particular command. I doubt people would use this constructively apart from the little minority. First we need to see why we need this and what purpose it serves. Do we really need to add this for the sake of "Load an /hp" or "Start the event". That's just a waste of time, scripting it just for that cause. If you say they'll use the feature for help, why have it when this need for help can be fulfilled by normal players or TP's. Here are reasons why people may want to use this:
                  -load /hp like already said
                  -Start an event also already said (this can be done in global chat)
                  ...can't even think of anything else
                  But basically my point is, why add this feature when it serves very little purpose. It's almost like a normal player has access to admin chat. Therefore, I stand by my point, just use /pm and if you have a doubt whether they are afk or not add the feauture I suggested before. I'm not talking on this post no more, management may add it if they want. Goodbye
                  Last edited by Eliteus; 25-01-16, 01:02 AM.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                  X