X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GAMEMODE] /report and GXTempNameID Suggestion

Suggestion for /report:
    Hi guys, I have been getting back into DM so far and have seen so many players rulebreaking and I then report them, but here's the problem, either:
    • They have been jailed and continue rulebreaking after, I can't report them again as I already have done so (which is annoying).
    • Admins have missed the report (They can't deny it as they know) and they are also human and can have stuff tend to slip out their sight, so I can't report the rulebreaker again to get the admin to notice the rulebreaker again.
    • No admins are online and I report a player, an admin then comes in later but hasn't seen the report, I try report again and I can't.

So I suggest a system where you can report a player multiple times but in after 3-5 minutes to avoid spam. Yes, it may be possible that the rulebreaker have stopped but there's no guarantee that they may not do so again.

Advantages
    • More likely for rulebreakers to be caught out
    • Suggestion discourages spam reports, so no spam

Questions:
    Q: Elite, why don't you just PM an admin about the report?
    A: Well I tried this not only in PM but also in TP chat, they just tell me to use /report and guess what I can't. Plus it's just f*cking annoying PM'ing an admin desperately to check a report.

Q: How can this be done?
    A: Well the system right now is simply sending ONE report and not being able to report a rulebreaker again. This record remains for the rest of the time you are on SAMP along with the rulebreaker. Simply set a time limit before you can report the same player again. I say "simply" but I don't really know how simple it'd be.

Any other question, just comment down below, moving on...

Suggestion about GXTempNameID
    When a player types a name in the SAMP client that is already taken in the database, him/her name is set to GXTempNameID. It simply says:
    [17:10:53] ** Login Cancelled: you cancelled the login process...

[17:10:53] * your name has been set to a temporary name instead.

[17:10:53] * Player john (ID:25) had their name automatically changed to GXTempNameID25 (ID:25).
    and then this:
    [17:12:06] ** GamerX Temporary Player: You are using a Temporary Name...

[17:12:06] * be warned that you will not be able to save your stats!
    In my opinion, this isn't telling the player much. As soon as he logs in it just comes up with a dialogue box asking for a password. This bewildered me the first days I had here at GamerX last year and I thought it was just the way GamerX worked and I hate to think what a non-English speaking person would think. So I suggest it tells the player that the name is taken and therefore gives an option as to whether they want to quit the game and get a different name that isn't already taken or continue with GXTempNameID. So here it goes:
    [17:10:53] ** Login Cancelled: you cancelled the login process...

[17:10:53] * your name has been set to a temporary name instead.

[17:10:53] * Player john (ID:25) had their name automatically changed to GXTempNameID25 (ID:25).

[17:10:53] * Player john (ID:25) you have either forgotten your password or this name is already taken.
    And/Or it also comes up with this informative dialogue box

ps. Ignore the spelling mistake, I can't be asked to go change it.

Advantages
    • Less GXTempNameID's
    • Better/Easier user interface

Questions:
    Q: This is useless, not needed - it doesn't affect you
    A: Like I've said earlier on, if you are calling this useless, you are calling 100's more more commands like this one, useless. It isn't needed but it's just that extra cool little feature that will improve the way the player system works in GamerX. It doesn't affect me but it does affect the dozens of players joining the game every hour or so.

Overall I do know it is a huge demand, but adding both of them will be a cool little feature and will drastically improve the way the game works. That's all.

Peace out.
    Last edited by Eliteus; 24-04-16, 06:45 PM.
    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Great suggestion, must be added.. It happend to me alot of time that i report some rulebreakers and admins jail them but they keep rule breaking and again i can't report them. +1

Comment

This is good and may help new players with their nicknames, +1.

Comment

Facts about /report
        Admins CAN STILL receive reports after it's repeated 2times... It will tell the player to not spam the report command, but it does notify the admins.
        Admins can see last ten reports wether they were afk or offline, when they joined they can check it.
        Admins has a textdraw appeared on their screen almost everytime, showing the last 2 reports with the amount of admins online when the last report was sent. So they should check the reports when they see the number of online admins was 0.
        Admins can see reports from IRC, with this they can even log the reports, so they wouldn't miss them.

But i agree to add an expire time so they can /report again the player with normal behavior (without no spam notice).

The reason why GXTempNameID was made is to increase player counts, many players tried to join with name taken already or they got invalid nickname and can't play. They don't come back. So making button to force the player to login or quit is just contradict the purpose of this temp names. Most newbies just care to play, and not register, besides they are having difficulty picking a nickname, especially when it's already taken, the fact that even regular players that already registered often changed their name...
        KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
          Facts about /report
          Admins CAN STILL receive reports after it's repeated 2times... It will tell the player to not spam the report command, but it does notify the admins.
          Admins can see last ten reports wether they were afk or offline, when they joined they can check it.
          Admins has a textdraw appeared on their screen almost everytime, showing the last 2 reports with the amount of admins online when the last report was sent. So they should check the reports when they see the number of online admins was 0.
          Admins can see reports from IRC, with this they can even log the reports, so they wouldn't miss them.

But i agree to add an expire time so they can /report again the player with normal behavior (without no spam notice).

The reason why GXTempNameID was made is to increase player counts, many players tried to join with name taken already or they got invalid nickname and can't play. They don't come back. So making button to force the player to login or quit is just contradict the purpose of this temp names. Most newbies just care to play, and not register, besides they are having difficulty picking a nickname, especially when it's already taken, the fact that even regular players that already registered often changed their name...
          About the facts of the /report command, that all is good however the reason I thought to suggest it was because all though the admins are notified for the 2nd time we try report it, it still isn't acted upon even though they clearly are rulebreaking.
          But I'm not going to assume and say they are lazy because they aren't, they are probably if not the best type of admins that should exist in all of SA-MP. But it just goes back to my point where either it's just that they are humans and tend to also not pay attention as much or maybe also they /PM'd the rulebreaker. What this does is makes me have to post a forum player report and I don't want to have to do this a lot of times because my samp lags during recordings and also the logs are a pain in the ass to find. So yes I'd still like to see this command in action.

Back to GXTempNameID, I understand it is to increase player count, but it's not like we are forcing them. We are giving them an option as to whether they'd like to pick a new name that's not registered or just continue as a GXTempNameID. I myself have seen in the past GXTempNameID players saying, why is my name not <the name they picked> and it's because they don't like the GXTempNameID as their name. So I think there should at least be an option to make it clear that they can always go back and change their name to something else and not just be stuck with this name they have been given. I mean it doesn't have to be a dialogue box, maybe it could just be a text on the side. But I like the idea of giving the player an clear piece of text and then an option. Hope you get what I mean.

Thanks for your opinion on the suggestions.
          Last edited by Eliteus; 24-04-16, 11:24 PM.
          Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
            Suggestion for /report:
            Hi guys, I have been getting back into DM so far and have seen so many players rulebreaking and I then report them, but here's the problem, either:
            • They have been jailed and continue rulebreaking after, I can't report them again as I already have done so (which is annoying).
            • Admins have missed the report (They can't deny it as they know) and they are also human and can have stuff tend to slip out their sight, so I can't report the rulebreaker again to get the admin to notice the rulebreaker again.
            • No admins are online and I report a player, an admin then comes in later but hasn't seen the report, I try report again and I can't.
            What makes you sure about that? as i know there's a command for admins to see the last 10 reports, impossible to your report to become the 11th or 12th before an admin joins
            Stay low, Go fast.
            Kill first, Die last.
            One shot, One kill
            No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Next View Post
              What makes you sure about that? as i know there's a command for admins to see the last 10 reports, impossible to your report to become the 11th or 12th before an admin joins
              Already quoted by Robo
              Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
              But yep thanks for the extra information.
              What's your opinion on the suggestion?
              Last edited by Eliteus; 24-04-16, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Eliteus , Your suggestion was well appreciated by the players and for me , however I believe that simply talking to the player " gxtempname " that he change his name would be easier . There are also players who do not understand English, in consequence of that he not want to leave the game will click on " continue " even against his will so he could get information from a player who speaks your language This is my opinion about your suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by Gengar View Post
                  Eliteus , Your suggestion was well appreciated by the players and for me , however I believe that simply talking to the player " gxtempname " that he change his name would be easier . There are also players who do not understand English, in consequence of that he not want to leave the game will click on " continue " even against his will so he could get information from a player who speaks your language This is my opinion about your suggestion
                  Yeh you are right. Language is quite the issue ain't it? But everything in this server is English. I mean it's fine if the player decides to press continue and play as GXTempNameID. But if language really is the issue, the quit button should be colour coded red and the continue green. This will make more people click on the green button as green is usually the button of going ahead. Also names are so much easier to be addressed and take a players attention. In instance, If I call out GXTempNameID25 by shouting "Yo id 25!" he/she would have a lower chance of noticing it. Names are so much more easier and more recognisable. It gives a player a better unique identification. What's your opinion on the other suggestion?

Thanks for your opinion on the other suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
                    Already quoted by Robo

But yep thanks for the extra information.
                    What's your opinion on the suggestion?
                    I didn't know that Robo said this because everyone wrote very much in their posts, so i ignored them, and Yes, my vote is +1 for the first one, but the second (GXTempNameID) is useless. they can press "Cancel" to keep playing.
                    Stay low, Go fast.
                    Kill first, Die last.
                    One shot, One kill
                    No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Next View Post
                      I didn't know that Robo said this because everyone wrote very much in their posts, so i ignored them, and Yes, my vote is +1 for the first one, but the second (GXTempNameID) is useless. they can press "Cancel" to keep playing.
                      They may continue to play but at least they'll know that they can always go back and change their names.
                      Trust me, I've seen lots of GXTempName players ask why their name got changed. They ignore the chat where it says they have a temporary name so if this is shown in a dialogue box it'll attract their attention more and give them all the info they need like: You can go change your names to something that's not in the database at anytime but until then you can't register.
                      So basically more information and options for those players.

Comment

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                      X