No announcement yet.

A 5th collectible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like and agree with the idea of a 5th collectible. It should definitely bring some reason to playing again.
    On a side note, there is almost no use for money and it is extremely easy to earn. Money should also be reset and perhaps be worth something more than to just be spent on very cheap guns/ammo and jetpack.
    And uh, 5th collectible should be more of a cancerous and sweet food though. How bout a donut/doughnut, muffin, pastry? :v
    "You died... but you are still in the race!"

Comment

Originally posted by Left View Post
      The admin team has already been talking about a complete reset of the goodies (cookies/cakes) etc. I can tell you that it was a really long discussion with really different opinions. Yet we agreed on doing it. We just need a permission by Matite and everyone of you. It's your stuff and you're the one who have to be asked as first before we touch any of your stats. You are free to start a poll for the community in another thread what everyone is actually thinking about it..
      This is exciting news. I'm guessing the management team will be creating a thread about this soon to announce the proposed reset properly? Maybe if the 5th collectible suggestion was to be accepted, depending on how quick implementation is, it could be released at the same time as the stat reset!

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
      And uh, 5th collectible should be more of a cancerous and sweet food though. How bout a donut/doughnut, muffin, pastry? :v
      I like your idea of a donut or muffin, I also liked Pacific's idea of a pizza. All good ideas so far.

Comment

Reset the cookies and create a new collectible. I support both ideas as it would bring some fun again to GamerX.. don't get me wrong, it has been pretty boring the last couple of months.

Comment

I was looking ingame stats and I noticed that, in somehow, there is already a 5th collectible.

"Pacific, did you just got crazy? Are you on drugs?"

Lads, we've forgot the Event Points. It is a bit useless in the moment because it is only used to up the rank (and who the hell cares about ranks????????).

Together with this, I suggest that Events Points get removed from "Rank Necessities" (no one cares about ranks but it wouldn't be fair to keep that there) and get used as the 5th collectible giving you 10 or 20 molotovs (as it was the weapon that won the poll).

Also, to make it cooler, prizes in events should be "increased". Example, the winner team at CTFs, Sieges, TDMs, LSS, TD and STPs would won 5 Event Points while the losers got only 1 (*participating prize*). The first, second and third places at LMS (inclunding Fallouts), HGs, Derbys, DMs and Sumos would win, 5, 3 and 1 Event Point. Along with the current prizes of icecreams, cookies, whatever.

It would be nice as the majority of server would already have Event Points, so no need to start from zero.

"But Pacific, not even everyone likes to join event! Some people have more and other people have less, what if a person with less Event Points wants to buy a lot of molotovs?"

First, yeah a lot of people have and a lot haven't, but it is just normal. For example, people who likes to deathmatch and make KS (at least 40) gets more biscuits and more icecreams easier than other people who doesn't as biscuits and icecreams are the regards of making KS. No one is obligated to make a KS as no one would be obligated to join event. Second, I don't see those people who don't have many biscuits and icecreams wasting crazily their stats buying a lot of grenades and flamers (you would probably die/respawn before you can we use all of it if you waste them too much). Also, why would someone need +100 molotovs?

I think it would even increase the event system making people join more in the events instead joining only Ship CTF and other famous events.

Ok, that's my suggestion.

I hope this shit is possible to be done, otherwise I lost my fucking time writing all this crap for nothing.
          Last edited by Pacific; 19-11-16, 01:12 AM.

Comment

You have a point there DiscolouredFrog, and in my honest opinion, I've noticed the same thing a long time ago.
            Even to myself, I've even lost interest in those things when it came to Money, Cookies, Cakes etc. as I have collected quite a large amount over the days watching their value become valueless. The presence of Cookies, Cakes etc are no longer noticed by many players. I still remember the days were players were constantly striving to achieve those Cookies, Cakes etc for whatever reason they'd be needed for in so many ways to the extent that some even tried to multiply them in an unfavorable/unaccepted manner.

It's the feeling of earning it which has faded away.

Your suggestion about making a new Obtainable item using a, for example, Lollipop will arise the need of other players for it and things can start out fresh to a more interesting topic. GamerX was nothing like how it used to be compared to now because things have really developed and improved through the activities that we can do in-Game. And by that, I mean that achieving things have become way too easy to fight for as they are almost like picking them off the ground when no one is looking.

For how I see it, Making a new Obtainable item is a great idea, more fun is never too bad for what we do in-Game.
            But let me also give you a point of how my understanding of it should be like, Let's take a Ferrari as an example, a normal Ferrari would cost somewhere around $200,000. Now that's a valuable car with a valuable amount isn't it? Now what if that Ferrari was just $1.. wouldn't everyone love to have one? wouldn't it feel normal with time that the money you earn mean nothing for what you can achieve with it. I bet everyone won't even pay attention to it as it's value has become a thing that everyone has. There, my friend is where you lose interest. Something valuable should not be for an unvaluable price. Implementing that understanding to, for example, Cookies. If you had 200,000 Cookies, you'd almost feel like you'd have the /Rocket command good for a life time. Which shouldn't be the case because earning has become something not appreciated by others as you mentioned. The way players achieve Cookies, Cakes etc are through so many ways like Events, Killing sprees, Trusted players, Admins etc. But making them more valuable will definitely make players, In my opinion, fight for it and keep the playing spirit alive.

I'm mutual about this suggestion, I think that if your suggestion was added, there will be more competition for it and it can expand for what we already have in-Game. And that if those Cookies, Cakes etc were for a valuable amount, a player would definitely value what he has, to fight for and to have a sensation of earning.

Something like,
            • /Rocket : 5 Cookies
            • /Sniper : 3 Cakes
            and so on.

Tell me what you think.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
            X