The Pacific's Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maze View Post
    Level 2s got all their new commands/ features the same way, was for the benefit of the server, so you should be grateful for what you get. If players are asking for commands and features as small as the one listed in the OP it seems kinda bigheaded to say that it should remin a Level 2 feature.
    I know it seems bigheaded but then what even is the point of lvl 2 if we're just going to slowly hand over cool commands to lvl 1 players. I love the TP commands and am very grateful but just giving these commands to lvl 1 players after working so hard to get to lvl 2 is just...idk...
    Originally posted by Burnedgrass View Post
    Your suggestion doesn't counter and doesn't add much more difficulty to get it. Most people have friends that could give them likes anyways. Also, we have nothing else that we can get for likes. Likes is mostly a popularity contest.
    I have many friends from M clan, from 27, from wW and even non clan members, I don't see them going around thanking each and every one of my posts. Also I think number of friends is more about popularity than Thanks', just like social medias.
    You gave up your status- your fault," Did I ever express any grief about it? No way that I would accept becoming TP again. I don't want to be associated with you guys. A bunch of sheeps, dickriders and people who would do anything to level up. Of course there are exceptions, (luv ya mike), but there aren't many.
    I think it's the other way round too, some TP's and admins were discussing how you were a good admin and now (at the time) you were rulebreaking. So Yeh, I don't think many want you as TP anyway. But bruh why you hatin? We were in the same clan and now you hatin cuz we debatin about a suggestion? For real?
    Last edited by Eliteus; 02-03-16, 09:26 AM.
    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Northwest View Post
      Oh heya all whatever, i bring three suggestions right here and right now

1 - Enable using /jp when there is a P-goo

Why? Well, a p-goo isn't likes admins' goo (used in /hp), so why is /jp not allowed? I mean, like objects and rockets. If you try to use /rocket or /glpo in a /hp place, it is locked. But in P-goos, we can use /rocket and /glpo. Also, sometimes TPs do p-goos and forget to announce/delete/whatever (YOU know it happens) and /jp become inacessible. And so, using /jp would be a nice way to search for p-goos (like we can use it in Pucs), so that's my suggestion
      I think its better to have options to wether allow it or not just like Eliteus said, and this should be even made available for admin goos, using Jetpack is easier to control than /epo at most cases.

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
      Jetpack just makes it so much easier to find hiding places. Some Pgoos require climbing up building and maneuvering up and down buildings. If anything I think objects should be denied in pgoo locations. Perhaps set a perimeter to where you can access objects and maybe even a jetpack. But enabling it IN the Pgoo location I don't really agree with..

Sure why not? +1
      2 - Autodeleting an admin p-goo after the 3 places get it

Like a p-goo is autodeleted (or just ends, idk how it exactly works), why not autodelete the admin goo after the 3 people take it? Admins sometimes forget to delete after 3 places get caught, it happens also, you know it. Just it...
      Well there are time when players want to know where the goo was placed and that time usually the admins moved the /hp location to it, Perhaps make it auto delete if the admin that created it left the server or goes /afk. You can always notice any online admins to delete the GOO after its ended for long time already.

3 - Allow anyone to change the "Member/Senior Member" phrase in forum

C'mon, that's just a simple thing and it doesn't affect anyone, it will be cool see everyone using your own phrase there. Actually only TPs and Admins can change it, but why not allow it to everyone?

Regards me
      This is a privilege earned by Trusted Players, anyone can become a "member" or a "senior member" by posting useless posts BUT at the same time aren't breaking any rules. I myself know during my nub days know how easy it was for me to get "member" and "senior member". However to add to the suggestion I think anyone with a "Thanked [] Times in [] posts" higher than 100 should be able to get this privilege as you can only get 100 thanks' by being helpful and not posting useless comments.

Penis chin hairs on FLEEK!
      The thing is that there's no reason for it to be a Trusted Player feature or a privilege. Everyone is able to put avatars, signatures, profile pictures and whatnot, so why not this? Being Trusted Player doesn't amount to shit. The only reason you guys have extra features is because most of them are easily abusive. For instance, the Hydra or GM. You can't abuse the custom user bar in a way that isn't possible already.
      Still a privilege...it's not about whether it can be abused or not, just a cool feature that should be earned.
      Why? Name me one reason why it should be a privilege, it's basic profile/vCard customization...
      Because having your own little message over your profile picture is much better and "cooler" than just a profile picture. And because it's cooler it's a privilege.
      Sounds more like a reason why it should exist.

There is a reason to have it as a privilege because they are "trusted players".
      A lot of players use /epo (even me), that is faster than using a jetpack, so I think there is no problem, since there are faster and easier ways to find hiding places

Some places where TPs put a p-goo are acessible only with objects, so denying/prohibiting objects in P-goo, for me, is non-sense

If there is no way to allow to everyone, I think this way could be a nice way. (Maybe 50 thanks instead 100, there are TPs with less than 100 thanks...)

fkkkkkk u <3
      Yeh true, I just realized /EPO can take you into the pgoo zone even if you spawn the object out of the zone. So no point saying no to this. So +1
      This is not negotiable, I already said my reasons..
      Your reason make no sense. You want this feature to be level +2 just so you can have exclusive shit to yourselves. That's exactly what you mean. Why this elitist way of thinking? Are Trusted Players better human beings and therefore deserve more features, even a feature that has no reason at all to be limited?
      It has a reason to be only TP feature, because many normal players are prone to misusing it more, maybe not you but a nub who just spams the forums. By misuse, I mean having offensive language there. If you have seen all the TP's captions a lot of them aren't rude because they are trusted with it. I know many lvl 1 players are too but a lvl 1 good player is equal to a lvl 1 shitty player who can misuse it. Oh and if you say, admins can sort it out, why this unnecessary hassle. If you really do want it, read my alternate suggestion which I suggested except this time with 50 thanked posts rather than 100.
      Well, it could lead to a forum ban anyway, like it would happen if anyone come and insult in a normal post

I saw what you did there
      What's stopping a noob from having offensive language in their signature? Nothing. If they do so they will be punished, but there's nothing stopping them from proceeding with this action. Is removing the signature from Level 1's necessary? NOPEEEEEeee. It's not.

The only time I've seen an abusive signature is pictures or gifs that are too big or people having links to viruses. Nothing else. I've yet to see someone write "fuck you cock admin" or something like that, and even if it has happened, it's very rare. It's too unusual to be taking precautions against.
      It would but I think it's just unnecessary hassle alongside the normal 'insulters'. Also more number of people would use an inappropriate caption than insulting. I think a forum ban is too severe for an inappropriate caption anyway. It should be more like admins editing it off for them which is unnecessary work. Also most use pictures in signatures if you noticed. This is text and more likely for offensive shit than a signature.
      Yes, most people use pictures in their signatures. BUT NOTHING IS STOPPING THEM FROM WRITING OFFENSIVE STUFF?! PEOPLE AREN'T DOING IT WITH SIGNATURES SO WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY BE DOING IT WITH THE CUSTOM USER BAR? YOU'RE DEFENDING A DEAD THING.
      Because images are much more cooler in expressing yourself and makes your posts look better so they don't use text there. Whereas the custom user bar only allows text and not images. Also one reason it should be a TP thing is because it'd encourage more people to want to work toward it as a result making a better more helpful community. If we just put out all these features out there then people will take it as granted and also us TP's would be losing more privileges. We're losing stuff one by one, recently we got a restriction on when we got to use /ts, what more?
      btw one question? umad? cuz...
      TP's shouldn't have any privileges at all. It's a rank made so you guys can feel better about yourselves, it fills no function and it's useless except for one thing, it makes people want to become better players. However, being a TP doesn't make you more a better person. I'm the greatest, coolest, kindest, a helpful and the nicest guy on this server (if I can say so myself ) and I'm not TP, where does that put me?

lmao... You're acting like all TP's are saints. Having specoff for TP's is only good when you're placing goos. TP's are still human beings that can cheat, and spec should be turned on so you can see what they're doing.

Anyhow... Can you prove that people would be offensive through the custom user bar? I haven't seen anyone being offensive through the signature, so it would only be logical and reasonable for people to abide the network rules and not have offensive stuff.

"are umad?" lmfao... what are you? 12?
      You wouldn't say that if you were working towards or already a TP. The last years version of you would've accepted the fact that TP's get privileges because they deserve it. Now you've changed to 'I don't even know'. Also TP's are like VIP's as they call in other servers. Guess what VIP's get - yep that's right, privileges..

You gave up your status- your fault, never said it makes you a better person, in fact that's what you said yourself now.

Admins are human-beings yet can have specoff when they as humans can also cheat. It's called "trust". But I respect this after some discussion in TP forums. So no need to comment on this, but it's just an example that shows TP's are losing privileges.

I can't prove it as it's not a feature yet, but I don't think it should be a feature in the first place because like I said, it's a privilege we earn. You still haven't commented on the suggestion I mentioned earlier.

what are you? 12?
      Also a 12 year old would be an army cadet? Yes mate! Fuck the sytem! Yh Yh Yh Huehuehue

ps Im sleeping and going school so I'll reply back in like...idk shit when I feel like using my hand bones
      I would've agreed with TP's having good features in the past because it was something you should strive to be and it had status. It was challenging to get, therefore automatically a display of your efforts. I got my Trusted Player status in 2 months. Nothing to it. That's something I would've worked atleast 6-12 months for at the same level of quality in the past. That's why I despise the Trusted Player system now and everything about it. The Trusted Player status lost its prestige and you guys are on your high horses thinking it's the same shit as in the past.

Your suggestion doesn't counter and doesn't add much more difficulty to get it. Most people have friends that could give them likes anyways. Also, we have nothing else that we can get for likes. Likes is mostly a popularity contest anyways.. XD

"You gave up your status- your fault," Did I ever express any grief about it? No way that I would accept becoming TP again. I don't want to be associated with you guys. A bunch of sheeps, dickriders and people who would do anything to level up. Of course there are exceptions, (luv ya mike), but there aren't many.

You can't prove it, exactly what I expected you to answer. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Also, for the record, "umad bro" is a phrase used by 12 year olds and down, mostly with various disabilities, the most common one is autism. My joke "You bourgeoisie scum! WORKERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE" was completely relevant to the post, but you cut it off. Also, it's more of a sophisticated and intellectual type of humor. Anyways, enough about that.

I'm done here. I've said what I wanted and the rest is on the dev. team to decide.
      Lol, you guys arguing about coolness

Bitch I'm the coolest of the coolest

Talking about Tps losing features.. You guys have gained a ton of features compared to when I was a TP.
      Originally posted by DeathBeatZ View Post
      @Eliteus, you say tps are losing their privileges, but to be honest, tps got a lot of privileges since i joined here (2010). /TS for tps for example, who would ever think this were going to be a trusted player command sometime ago? I know that to get this status you have to do some work, help and all, its not so hard like it used to be, but still requires some ''work'', but it's completely different from a V.I.P status, where most of them are given to donors, which on this case i totally agree it should be a privilege if was the case. About the custom text on the forum, its such small thing in my opinion that i don't see why it shouldn't be available for normal users (or for people who got thanked 50 times like you and northwest already mentioned)
      I'm fine with this but not total newbies. 50 thanks requirement will make more people be helpful. But people like this "Zein" dude who constantly spams forums doesn't deserve it.

Names were mentioned so that you know what type of people I mean. Oh and don't get me wrong about TP privileges, I'm not being ungrateful, it's just there's recently been many suggestions asking for TP commands to be made lvl 1. Like I say people requesting for /mypaint command, asking for /camera and ingame a bunch of guys suggesting lvl 1 players should be able to access torture chamber.
      Level 2s got all their new commands/ features the same way, was for the benefit of the server, so you should be grateful for what you get. If players are asking for commands and features as small as the one listed in the OP it seems kinda bigheaded to say that it should remin a Level 2 feature.
      I know it seems bigheaded but then what even is the point of lvl 2 if we're just going to slowly hand over cool commands to lvl 1 players. I love the TP commands and am very grateful but just giving these commands to lvl 1 players after working so hard to get to lvl 2 is just...idk...

I have many friends from M clan, from 27, from wW and even non clan members, I don't see them going around thanking each and every one of my posts. Also I think number of friends is more about popularity than Thanks', just like social medias.
      I didn't read them all but i have no idea i picked these quotes, because it attracts more attention.

There are reasons why it's not available for players:
      First to avoid offensive word (perhaps its already mentioned), fake labels (like Administrator), or something similar like this. Trusted players are trusted so they don't do it on custom user titles, even they might do it, it will minimize our (admins) control limits than all the forum user.

It's not about being cool, but if you want more "user titles ranks" by posts, i can make more if you have the idea... If it was about being cool, i think a donator would still have this privileges already.

Now that's not the only reason, for some of you that debating on tp stuff and players and admins and privileges, it's not just because you are higher, but it's because you are responsible for it.

The other reason that i can say is a potential XSS exploit (click on the link, read the article) on custom user title, as the name says, it's mean to be custom, and not primary things in the forum system, which wouldn't be an important thing from the side as it's just "custom" that replaces primary ranks like Senior Member. Why i'm thinking this, because i saw there is a possible options to enable HTML codes which i can do (as a forum administrator), and as i've searched in previous versions of vbulletin there was this exploit. We would also disable it from TPs if we found out one of them abusing it. Also when i added "In game name" profile field, i could also make it shows in the postbit (that shows Join Date, Location, Posts, Thanks), but since i'm aware of the risk, i didn't made it. Comparing to user profile customization or user signature, user can always disable them from displaying which is available from options/settings, but NOT user titles. Also they do patched the signatures and user profile, so they made it more secure as it's a primary feature.

In simply, it's also for security reasons. So now you guys can finish your popcorns and don't forget to throw it away on trash bin. Thank you

EDIT: Making it to allow "after 50 thanks", or something like that is not possible either. The Thanks feature is a hack, not a built in feature from vBulletin, so it does not completely supported that way.

EDIT2: If you guys can't imagine what i'm trying to explain, the example is like newb facebook users, when they use things on facebook, uses applications provided by third party that they dont know if can be trusted, while they always "accept" the permissions, and their facebook like doing auto likes and auto comments (which is annoying), or when they said it can change your facebook page view/style to be more cool and boom your facebook is hacked, its actually what XSS is categorized like.

Maybe i'm thinking too far or still naive about hacking. But here again i point out it's not about getting cool and it's better to prevent the risk. Like i said again if you want more user title ranks by post like "Senior Member", you can always suggest it.
      Last edited by Robo; 02-03-16, 10:24 AM. Reason: bigger font size
      KVIrc User

Comment

I think it's the other way round too, some TP's and admins were discussing how you were a good admin and now (at the time) you were rulebreaking. So Yeh, I don't think many want you as TP anyway. But bruh why you hatin? We were in the same clan and now you hatin cuz we debatin about a suggestion? For real?
        1. Doesn't matter right now since Robo_N1X shot down the idea of getting access to it through "thanks" But, if I asked my friends directly to give me likes, do you think that they would do it? most likely.

2. Don't take it personally. If it's down to "hurt someone's feelings" or saying what I think, then you bet that I'll choose the latter.

I just hate the TP system and everything about it. You guys get this inflated ego when you turn into Trusted Players, on your high horses, thinking that you guys are the shit, but no. You guys got it wrong. Y'all ain't shit. There's very little trust for you guys. Believe me. I've been asked several times to resume my position, both as TP and Admin*, even with my current behavior. (in my opinion, there's no big problem with it except a couple of encounters with annoying players) Why? you might ask. It's because I'm down to earth. I don't bow down for nobody, I don't asslick anyone and I'm definitely not two-faced. My actions now aren't representative for my actions as an Admin. I won't be a bad Admin just because I like to have fun. Last thing, I'm not hating. I'm just saying what I think. Again, I'm sorry if you took it in a bad way, but I have to express my thoughts whenever I feel like it.

*=idk if I can say it but w/e

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
        There are reasons why it's not available for players:
        First to avoid offensive word (perhaps its already mentioned), fake labels (like Administrator), or something similar like this. Trusted players are trusted so they don't do it on custom user titles, even they might do it, it will minimize our (admins) control limits than all the forum user.

The other reason that i can say is a potential XSS exploit (click on the link, read the article) on custom user title, as the name says, it's mean to be custom, and not primary things in the forum system, which wouldn't be an important thing from the side as it's just "custom" that replaces primary ranks like Senior Member. Why i'm thinking this, because i saw there is a possible options to enable HTML codes which i can do (as a forum administrator), and as i've searched in previous versions of vbulletin there was this exploit. We would also disable it from TPs if we found out one of them abusing it. Also when i added "In game name" profile field, i could also make it shows in the postbit (that shows Join Date, Location, Posts, Thanks), but since i'm aware of the risk, i didn't made it. Comparing to user profile customization or user signature, user can always disable them from displaying which is available from options/settings, but NOT user titles. Also they do patched the signatures and user profile, so they made it more secure as it's a primary feature.

In simply, it's also for security reasons. So now you guys can finish your popcorns and don't forget to throw it away on trash bin. Thank you
        Offensive words are rare occurances anyways, for normal players (on the forum). There are some trolls here and there, or people that are pissed about getting banned. Those are the ones that are offensive. They usually get banned too. I doubt that I'd happen in a frequency that Admins couldn't control. Fake labels shouldn't be a problem anyways. No one would fall for it, unless they're close to illiterate, color blind or just mentally retarded. There's colors and another admin banner with the Admin level on. Most people who play here doesn't want to get banned. It's only logical to think that they will follow the network rules. Rulebreakings in-game are more common, but it's way different. You might not think before you teleport away during a fight. You might spawn a car, but that's just something you do in the heat of the moment.

If the website is at risk for having this enabled, then there's nothing I can do about it. Too bad.

peace out my niggas
        Last edited by Burnedgrass; 02-03-16, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I Like your suggestion, and i support them all. Specially 3rd suggestion, Senior members must be able to edit "Senior Member". It's good and anyone breaks rules to get posts will be banned by admins of course.

+1 for all,
          +2 for 2nd suggestion.
          Stay low, Go fast.
          Kill first, Die last.
          One shot, One kill
          No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

I think its better to have options to wether allow it or not just like Eliteus said, and this should be even made available for admin goos, using Jetpack is easier to control than /epo at most cases.
            Jetpack is easier to control but it is slower than /epo, and also, /epo hasn't height limit, while jetpack has, but options to allow/disallow would be fine too

Well there are time when players want to know where the goo was placed and that time usually the admins moved the /hp location to it
            There is already a Yellow-dot in map that shows it

1 - There are reasons why it's not available for players:
            First to avoid offensive word (perhaps its already mentioned), fake labels (like Administrator), or something similar like this. Trusted players are trusted so they don't do it on custom user titles, even they might do it, it will minimize our (admins) control limits than all the forum user (...)

2 - Why i'm thinking this, because i saw there is a possible options to enable HTML codes which i can do (as a forum administrator), and as i've searched in previous versions of vbulletin there was this exploit. We would also disable it from TPs if we found out one of them abusing it. Also when i added "In game name" profile field, i could also make it shows in the postbit (that shows Join Date, Location, Posts, Thanks), but since i'm aware of the risk, i didn't made it. Comparing to user profile customization or user signature, user can always disable them from displaying which is available from options/settings, but NOT user titles. Also they do patched the signatures and user profile, so they made it more secure as it's a primary feature.

In simply, it's also for security reasons.
            1 - A player who wants to offend or pretend to be admin could use the signature to do it but it (almost) doesn't happen and signature is free for everyone, and, as BG said, only someone with vision problems would see the custom title without see the userbar that shows, bigger and colored, the level of the user.

2- Checking the other parts of your post, seems that it can't be allowed for everyone because, in case of sign for example, you cannot disable that and it can be used to make "traps", like fake links to something dangerous to computer, did I understand it correctly?

Comment

Some people like to see what was the goo like, especially when it was one hidden somewhere in an specific city for example, also it would show to newbies what is a hidden pickup, but to be honest, this kind of goo's are sadly instinct, at least on the time i play on.

Comment

Jetpack is easier to control but it is slower than /epo, and also, /epo hasn't height limit, while jetpack has, but options to allow/disallow would be fine too
                well i just said most cases, and yeah.

It doesn't show if the player just joined the game after the goo ends, also the goo might be placed above the sky on objects which is not in default map. Still like deathbeatz said they want to know it specifically, especially where the place is very hard to access, you people will wonder how to walk to there.

2- Checking the other parts of your post, seems that it can't be allowed for everyone because, in case of sign for example, you cannot disable that and it can be used to make "traps", like fake links to something dangerous to computer, did I understand it correctly?
                Not a clickable trap, but it will work once the page loads. Also the custom title is stored in forum database, another potential to Database Injection (well most cases are not since database has extra security and filtering). This is like crasher when ever you see it or close to it, you crash. Yeah even my signature can do the same as it has html codes, so i can deface the whole forum vision in your screen by just having my post in the page of the forum anyway you can always disable showing signature in settings then you wont see my custom signature bar. A full patch from the official developer is required but how ever i'm not sure about it, we could try to enable this feature but if we can't even disable showing user title, it will be a pain to find the user who might caused a problem. Sure it will be rare, I guess if you guys are still resisting about it, then go ahead with the suggestion. In case you people wants to be cool. Since i think custom user profile page style is more vulnerable than this (but you can disable it).
                Last edited by Robo; 02-03-16, 07:06 PM.
                KVIrc User

Comment

Oh I understood now, it is dangerous but kinda rare to happen, now I'm divided about it

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                  X