No announcement yet.

[/RULES] for unregistered players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be pretty annoyed if a dialogs pops-up telling me the rules just when i joined the server.
    coz, if it ain't broke, dont fix it
    So i guess others might be as well, see there is always an option when an admin can actually force players to read the rules in case they break any rules.

I am sorry but i do not support the idea.

Comment

Honestly, after reading every single reply, I actually have no opinion. Initially it seemed like a good idea and then those who didn't agree with it had some good pointers too. I'd say, somewhere around the page it should say "Read /rules" so that it ain't annoying and it can also be read by some out of curiousity. Also like Toxic said it isn't an only English server although this server is owned and made by an English speaking gentleman, he can't control who joins and who doesn't.
      Originally posted by TheEpikPotato View Post
      But there is 70% players are vietnamese and they dont understand that
      Erm no, I don't know where you got that statistic from, I see more English, Arabic and Spanish speakers around the chat

EDIT:
      Originally posted by Northwest View Post
      One of worst ideas I've ever saw here.
      Chilllll homieee. It was better than your anti swear suggestion. Jk. XD I think it's too extreme to say it's the "worst". Like seriously? But yeh I agree with the rest of your points I guess.
      Last edited by Eliteus; 17-03-16, 11:34 PM.
      Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

1 - Obviously the players will close it automatically because they wanna play, they won't care for rules in that moment, 99% of players will just close it.

Originally posted by Tarantula View Post
        A lot of servers have this. The dialog box pop-up when you join then you have the choice between "Accept" and "Close" when he close the dialog box the server will kick him.
        This is the worst idea I've ever saw here. Seriously? Are you drugged? Then the GamerX will start to lost players because the people that don't speak english (or speak it badly) will just close the dialog box and get kicked. They will not understand why they were kicked and they won't join back

2 - There a lot of player who doesn't speak english or speak it badly, so it will be like forcing you to do something you cannot do.

Originally posted by Next View Post
        It's not my problem, who doesn't speak or read english SHOULD NOT play here, because GamerX's Official language is English, and it's writen "English in the SAMP Servers, If they broke the rules, they'll be in jail, kicked or banned
        Wait a second mate, the GamerX's official language is not english. Everything is written in english because it is the universal language, the language the most of people learn after your own language, but GamerX is opened to all languages, you don't see anyone being punished for talking another language besides english (except when it is an insult) and we even have THIS

3 - I'm not sure but I think that Dialog Boxes cannot be shown in the Spawn Screen, so it would have to be shown after you spawned then. Most of player just spawn as medic because it is the first class. You will be "locked" when you spawn cause the dialog box, then you be easily killed for someone else that is playing (that Godmode of 5 seconds is easily broken by 4 direct shots of sawn-off), and, when you got killed, the dialog box will automatically closed, so the player will not read the rules this way, anyway.

4 - If you see a new player breaking rules (especially the "GXTempName" ones) you can report 'em, and admins WILL force them to read rules as they HAVE a command to this. But it will happen ONLY if they break rules. If they keep breaking after admin forced 'em, they will start to be jailed.

5 - It in the end will be useless. People who wanna to break rules will break rules with or without being forced to read the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarantula View Post
          A lot of servers have this. The dialog box pop-up when you join then you have the choice between "Accept" and "Close" when he close the dialog box the server will kick him.
          Well that's their server. Seems like they want to force players to accept.

It's not my problem, who doesn't speak or read english SHOULD NOT play here, because GamerX's Official language is English, and it's writen "English in the SAMP Servers, If they broke the rules, they'll be in jail, kicked or banned
          Yeah. Not your problem but you still want to suggest this to annoy those unregistered players mostly the Vietnamese. Some of them visit this server just to enjoy drag racing.

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
          If you are new and server forced you to understand the whole rules before you even able to play, i'm sure you will just quit.
          ^ Something like this. You would like get mad because the annoying dialog is showing up on your screen.
          Last edited by Nick; 18-03-16, 06:19 AM.
          PastorRichads: /q for Liberating yourself from the chains and bounds of this Virtual Nightmare

<@GX-07> [14] Legend27: nick is indonessian

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
            I'd say, somewhere around the page it should say "Read /rules" so that it ain't annoying and it can also be read by some out of curiousity.
            This already included in "Unregistered Player Help" dialog when player spawned first time and after they have registered. The dialogs are mostly talks about help and information.
            KVIrc User

Comment

Originally posted by Northwest View Post

1 - Obviously the players will close it automatically because they wanna play, they won't care for rules in that moment, 99% of players will just close it.
              I already said above that none will be able to disable it before 5 seconds after the dialog displays...
              Stay low, Go fast.
              Kill first, Die last.
              One shot, One kill
              No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

I already said above that none will be able to disable it before 5 seconds after the dialog displays...
                Even they cannot read all the rules in 5 seconds.. so after 5 seconds more than 90% players gonna close it. (as Northwest said)

Comment

I don't think this will be a good idea(well that's what I think, after reviewing others reply), I think the part "can't close for 5 seconds" will be more annoying then even without timer, when new players will join the game they will get this dialog box of rules and after seeing it they will just start pressing esc rapidly, it will annoy them a lot as I this didn't happened with me but this comes in my mind that they will do something like this "rapidly pressing esc to skip the box, and saying wtf man why this is not closing, cmon cmon cmon close close close", I think this will be annoying and its not a good idea, they won't read rules they will just keep pressing esc until it closes, and this is gonna make them too much angry, because many of players just join for fun they don't care about registering and being a part just need fun,

When a player (who can speak English) breaks a rule, we warn them by some cmds and pming them, so they will don't do that again and suggest the new player to "read /rules to avoid punishment", and sometimes it works, & sometimes we jail and force them to read rules, then they read, others who can't read English, after they get jailed they stop doing the thing which they were doing before getting jailed, so they understand mostly, anyways I think this will not be a good idea(its just my opinion).

Comment

Originally posted by Instant View Post
                    I don't think this will be a good idea(well that's what I think, after reviewing others reply), I think the part "can't close for 5 seconds" will be more annoying then even without timer, when new players will join the game they will get this dialog box of rules and after seeing it they will just start pressing esc rapidly, it will annoy them a lot as I this didn't happened with me but this comes in my mind that they will do something like this "rapidly pressing esc to skip the box, and saying wtf man why this is not closing, cmon cmon cmon close close close", I think this will be annoying and its not a good idea, they won't read rules they will just keep pressing esc until it closes, and this is gonna make them too much angry, because many of players just join for fun they don't care about registering and being a part just need fun
                    Not everyone would join just having fun and leave the server, Most players join and think what you said above, Just having fun, but with the amazing features that added to the server, trust me they will register.

about closing the dialog, not everyone doing this, Whenever i join a server in SAMP, Rules automatically displays in my screen. I do respect their rules, and read them carefully!

this suggestion is not made just to force EVERYONE to read the rules, at least good new players will read it, i'm the first in this, if i'm new to this server, i would read them before playing, i'm not saying this just to change your minds.
                    Stay low, Go fast.
                    Kill first, Die last.
                    One shot, One kill
                    No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

if i'm new to this server, i would read them before playing, i'm not saying this just to change your minds.
                      How come you did rulebreak at first time joined GamerX then?
                      KVIrc User

Comment

This already included in "Unregistered Player Help" dialog when player spawned first time and after they have registered. The dialogs are mostly talks about help and information.
                        Unregistered Player Help Dialog is very long and filled letters, Most players don't read it. "They just wanna play and have fun" that what someone said about dis suggestion...

How come you did rulebreak at first time joined GamerX then?
                        It's a good question from you.
                        Do you believe that when i joined this server for first time, i didn't know how to even say yes or no in english, then i learned and my friends tough me some of english, now i'm better than them xD
                        I'm serious. i learned from my mistakes, i was jailed for like 1 billion time for breaking rules,
                        and when i was jailed, i thought that that was because i killed someone or stole a car, and i was breaking rules again and again, until i was bored then i was thinking of translating them with Google Translate, i translated "Rules" first of all, because whenever i jailed, i see "rules" in PM from an admin or the admin that jailed me shows me the list of rules, then i started translating other rules, until i learned english, and here i am, talking with players in chat so much speech just to learn english, and helping players with their problems.
                        Last edited by Next; 20-03-16, 08:38 PM. Reason: Robo_N1X,,, Answered
                        Stay low, Go fast.
                        Kill first, Die last.
                        One shot, One kill
                        No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

Unregistered Player Help Dialog is very long and filled letters, Most players don't read it. "They just wanna play and have fun" that what someone said about dis suggestion...

It's a good question from you.
                          Do you believe that when i joined this server for first time, i didn't know how to even say yes or no in english, then i learned and my friends tough me some of english, now i'm better than them xD
                          I'm serious. i learned from my mistakes, i was jailed for like 1 billion time for breaking rules,
                          and when i was jailed, i thought that that was because i killed someone or stole a car, and i was breaking rules again and again, until i was bored then i was thinking of translating them with Google Translate, i translated "Rules" first of all, because whenever i jailed, i see "rules" in PM from an admin or the admin that jailed me shows me the list of rules, then i started translating other rules, until i learned english, and here i am, talking with players in chat so much speech just to learn english, and helping players with their problems.
                          Good that you finally posted opinion just like what other people posted.
                          KVIrc User

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                          X