[GameMode] Drift Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeathBeatZ View Post
    Why do you have to stick to the whole idea of ''gx isn't a drift server''? why its so bad to make a gamemode where people who actually LIKE IT can join and have fun? If you don't like you can just stay away from it? Just like i do with derbies, sumos and such, i dont like them and i dont join them. We are talking about the server, not your personal likes i believe? I just can't agree with your argument at all, elitius.

Again, this is not ''ElitiusX Server". =)
    And just like others you've missed the whoooole point. Gawd my hands are going to be dead by the end of today. Anywayyy please point out where I said "adding a gamemode of drifting into gamerX is a bad idea" in fact I said "you may ask Matite to add drifting as a gamemode in samp client". Seriously your an ex admin don't make up my words and actually analyse what I've written. I am not denying this event suggestion because of my personal taste and how I hate drifting - in fact you should be telling the other TP's who ONLY said that not a lot of people like drifting. The only reason I am denying this suggestion is because it wouldn't work. It would be bugged as sh*t! Anyway the reason it wouldn't work is because it would be bugged and I wouldn't want GX to have a bugged event and I am pretty sure so won't you. If I really did despise and hate this whole suggestion for my private needs and likes I wouldn't be giving ideas. In case you haven't read my idea here it goes again:
    Back on topic like you said, I don't think this should be a race, infact it should be in an arena where like you said "You drift and get points" and you lose points everytime you crash onto the wall and other players and/or jump out in which case you respawn and start from 0 drift points. If you don't understand just take Mario kart as an example - you know battle mode? Yes? Well you know coin runner? Yes? Well it should be like that except here you don't collect coins but instead you earn drift points depending on the angle, bearings and distance in which you travel. Agreed or have any changes to make?
    P.s Sorry for cussing

Ayako same answer for you too ^ except without the cussing as you weren't assuming shit.
    Last edited by Eliteus; 23-02-16, 10:09 PM. Reason: Calmed it down
    Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T F*CKIN WORK! Gawd! It would be bugged as sh*t! Gawd people assuming stuff and not talking from facts really makes me cuss. Anyway the reason it wouldn't work is because it would be bugged and I wouldn't want GX to have a bugged event and I am pretty sure so won't you.
      What robo said, pretty much answers you:

Therefore it can be routinely fixed, this is what a developing progress called, much updates often brings bug fix, if a developer chosee not to try since they are afraid of a bug, then they will never make it.
      Oh and this:

Either way, I don't think extremely bugged events should be used anyway. See we're doing the guessing game here where your assuming people won't find out about the bugs 'periodically'. But we can't be sure about this! Also what about in the long run?
      That's what testing is made for... I'm not a scripter neither do i think it's an easy job to keep fixing the bugs, however, i don't agree with your thoughs we should avoid a nice suggestion because it would lead a lot of ''bugs'' as you say.

Seriously your an ex admin don't make up my words and actually analyse what I've written.
      I did not. That's what i got from your words, if i was wrong, i'm sorry. And btw, just because i'm an ex-admin doesn't makes me a totally right guy with 100% interpretation skills, not even actual admins are like this, everyone here is human and as i said, if i ''made up your words'', i'm sorry, wasn't my intention.

Edit: I just don't undertstand why you seem to be so salty and apeshit on this suggestion Elitius ...

By making up my words I meant assumption and that is exactly what you sir.. did
      whatever you say, i told you i'm not the one here who has 100% interpretation skills, and you bringing the ''ex-admin'' thing here is just bullshit. Nobody is always correct and i already explained this before.
      Last edited by DeathBeatZ; 22-02-16, 11:03 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Well if scripters are down to making this event surre go ahead. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how it turns out seeing as it seems he's pretty determined to work on this event than most other ones. Oh and it's cool about earlier.
        By making up my words I meant assumption and that is exactly what you sir.. did
        Please stop asking why I got my admin status removed. I chose to be demoted and there's no drama behind it.

Comment

I think it could a good idea for a game mode, as is /race /pu

are only two players and the areas of drifth (/drifth, /drifth2,...)

do not believe?

Comment

The other things already explained and pointed out by Ayako and DeathBeatZ (thanks to them).

Originally posted by Eliteus View Post
            Back on topic like you said, I don't think this should be a race, infact it should be in an arena where like you said "You drift and get points" and you lose points everytime you crash onto the wall and other players and/or jump out in which case you respawn and start from 0 drift points. If you don't understand just take Mario kart as an example - you know battle mode? Yes? Well you know coin runner? Yes? Well it should be like that except here you don't collect coins but instead you earn drift points depending on the angle, bearings and distance in which you travel. Agreed or have any changes to make?
            I never played Mario Kart perhaps it was not made to be compared with GTA:SA. Try to play other game for drifting like Need For Speed series, it has good enough drifting bonus feature, or other game especially like Midnight Club as it has similar racing system with the GTA:SA (it uses checkpoints), the best one to compare. You will find out how those game handle and count drifting bonus with less bug.
            Also like i said before, it work in simply way in other server (not perfect, but possible), as i've already saw this on other sa-mp server, so why it wouldn't work the same here?

Maybe it doesn't have to be part of current race, but another mode, a separated minigame can be made. (I'm sure it was the first point of this suggestion!?)
            KVIrc User

Comment

so, i can't drift in this server?
              just drift

Comment

Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                Maybe it doesn't have to be part of current race, but another mode, a separated minigame can be made. (I'm sure it was the first point of this suggestion!?)
                Nah the original suggestion was a race rather than just a gamemode.
                Originally posted by ANWAR View Post
                so, i can't drift in this server?
                No, you can drift it's not against the rules. GX is just not a drifting server but sure yes you can drift if you want.
                whatever you say, i told you i'm not the one here who has 100% interpretation skills, and you bringing the ''ex-admin'' thing here is just bullshit. Nobody is always correct and i already explained this before.
                You are the one constantly bringing up the 'ex admin' thing that I said about a page ago. You could've actually ready the original post, it wasn't hard to understand. This can be seen by your second detailed reply to me where you clearly understood what I said.
                Edit: End this here, you're a cool guy ig.
                Originally posted by Robo_N1X View Post
                The other things already explained and pointed out by Ayako and DeathBeatZ (thanks to them).

I never played Mario Kart perhaps it was not made to be compared with GTA:SA. Try to play other game for drifting like Need For Speed series, it has good enough drifting bonus feature, or other game especially like Midnight Club as it has similar racing system with the GTA:SA (it uses checkpoints), the best one to compare. You will find out how those game handle and count drifting bonus with less bug.
                Also like i said before, it work in simply way in other server (not perfect, but possible), as i've already saw this on other sa-mp server, so why it wouldn't work the same here?

Actually Mario Kart battle can be compared, not graphics and motive wise in fact the maps and whole concept of drifting around collecting coins can be compared to this particular event, if not GTA SA. I will come ingame and create a map and show you what I mean. The idea I'm trying to get across to you is 'Your in an arena type map with no specified route but at random you can drift around the map around objects and depending on distance, radius, angle and bearing the higher all this, the more points you get. I know you want it as a race, I will try to find a solution for that but in the mean time I hope you consider this idea and maybe tweak it to what you think is best as you've been playing this game for longer while I've only been playing since last year.

Ps. I'm sorry if my English is off, I'm so sleepy
                Last edited by Eliteus; 23-02-16, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RADIAS View Post
                  I think it could a good idea for a game mode, as is /race /pu

are only two players and the areas of drifth (/drifth, /drifth2,...)

do not believe?
                  How didn't i think about this, You're right, it could be just a command (/drift <ID>) like /race and /pursite.
                  It will be more fun, and lonely command, i mean doesn't need to take /join races place, so those who don't like to drift, you don't need to drift, but if you like, you will be able to use /drift to drift with a friend (Long drift)
                  i mean it's like races but with drifting whole the track
                  Stay low, Go fast.
                  Kill first, Die last.
                  One shot, One kill
                  No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Next View Post
                    How didn't i think about this, You're right, it could be just a command (/drift <ID>) like /race and /pursite.
                    It will be more fun, and lonely command, i mean doesn't need to take /join races place, so those who don't like to drift, you don't need to drift, but if you like, you will be able to use /drift to drift with a friend (Long drift)
                    i mean it's like races but with drifting whole the track
                    There could be millions of commands to be entertained ingame , not only /drift.
                    I am not against this suggestion as you said we can just have a command "/drift id". But , this isn't needed .

Comment

I like this suggetion,why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Interstellar View Post
                        this isn't needed .
                        Can i just know why this isn't needed?

when you share your opinion, you have to share the reason too!
                        Stay low, Go fast.
                        Kill first, Die last.
                        One shot, One kill
                        No luck, Pure skill.

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 15,681 at 08:23 AM on 17-06-20.

Working...
                        X